PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Mole Pizza

dezie
11-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Ok so Ive been away from the boards for awhile, this semester of school has been nutz! and the next two (my final two) are not shaping up to be any easier!

But I had to do a project for one of my classes and part of it required me to finally write down the recipe to my Chicken Mole Pizza in its entirety.
No simple task may I say.

I dont have a picture of it because my Pentax took a dump and my point and shoot camera is a POS and wont do it justice... youll just have to make it to see how yummy it is.

I hope you guys like, but be fair warned this is a long one... long to read, long to make, but damn if it isnt the best mole pizza youve ever had Ill give you a full refund...haha.

dezie
11-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Dezie’s Chicken Mole Pizza

Ingredients:
1 whole chicken (1.5lbs aprox)
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced carrot
1/2 cup diced celery
1 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp sunflower kernels
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp aniseeds
1 cup blanched slivered almonds
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp 5 Spice
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 cup fresh tomatoes, skinned, seeded, and chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups chicken stock
1 tsp salt
Freshly ground pepper
1 tortilla, torn into small pieces
3 cups chicken stock
2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, grated
1 Anaheim Chili
2 Poblano Peppers
3 Jalapeno Peppers
1/2 Habanero Pepper

2 teaspoons white sugar
2 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
4 cups bread flour
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 onion, caramelized
1-2 cups freshly grated asiago parmesan cheese
Freshly chopped Thai Basil

Directions:
Place whole chicken in stock pot with mirepoix and boil till chicken reaches 165 degrees.

In a small skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of the oil over moderate heat and in it cook the sunflower kernels, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, aniseeds, 5 spice, and almonds, stirring constantly until the sesame seeds and almonds are golden, 2 or 3 minutes. Puree the mixture in a food processor.

Take the Anaheim Chili and Poblano peppers place over gas burner and char off skin. Slice down one side opening up peppers, with a sharp knife scrape off blacked skin.
Remove seeds from these and all peppers.

Add to the processor the peppers, raisins, oregano, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, seeded peppers, tomatoes, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, the tortilla, and 1/2 cup of the stock and puree until smooth.

Transfer the puree to a saucepan. Stir in the remaining 2-1/2 cups stock, bring the sauce to a simmer, and add the chocolate. Cook the sauce at a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally, to melt the chocolate, simmer until thickened to almost napa.

Pull chicken apart from the bones after it has cooled enough to handle.
In a deep sauce pan pour the sauce over the chicken. Let stand on low heat for 10 min.
Remove from heat place in container and place in refrigerator for a day.

In a small bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.

In a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture with flour; stir well to combine. Stir in additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until all of the flour is absorbed. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly for about 1 minute.

Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).

Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface; knead briefly. Pat or roll the dough into a sheet and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush the dough with oil and sprinkle with salt.
Par-Bake focaccia in preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on desired crispness.

While Focaccia is baking slice red onion and caramelize in a saute pan with balsamic venerate.
Grate the asiago parmesan cheese
And chop the basil

Remove Focaccia from oven.
Once cooled place the caramelized onions on the cruse then scoop chicken mole and spread evenly over focaccia leaving 1/2in crust at the ends. Place heaping helping of the parmesan cheese and broil for an additional 5 min – 15 min until the cheese starts to become golden brown.

Garnish with fresh basil.

zxtwou2
11-30-2010, 01:29 PM
i freaking love mole (mo-lay for those opening this thinking it's the subterranean vermin instead)! i make enchiladas de mole all the time :)

dezie
12-01-2010, 06:46 AM
OH ya I should have said how to pronounce it, surely someone thinks Im giving them rodent recipes lol.

How many ingredients in your Mole sauce?

zxtwou2
12-01-2010, 08:01 AM
OH ya I should have said how to pronounce it, surely someone thinks Im giving them rodent recipes lol.

How many ingredients in your Mole sauce?

i've never made it from scratch, i usually just get the Dona Maria stuff at the store, add chicken broth, then reduce.