PDA

View Full Version : Power loss

Loser47
07-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Well, i just got some new midrange speakers to go in the doors, got them installed just fine, they worked, i was happy. a few days later i bought some 12" subs but haven't installed them yet because now when i turn my radio or cd up pretty loud, when there is a heavy bass beat the music gets quieter, and when the bass goes away, the music goes back to normal. im pretty sure there is some kind of power loss somewhere but i'm not sure if its at the amp or battery or if the alternator is going bad(the battery seems kinda weak when i start it) or if the body ground is bad. The sound is ok or now, i just don't want to need to go somewhere and my car not start. Any thoughts on what the problem is

Midwestzx2
07-20-2008, 09:33 PM
its called distortion, the bass is tryin to send a higher power signal, wich your headunit cannont provide, this clips the signal and causes distortion. you need an amp.

Loser47
07-20-2008, 09:38 PM
ok, the sound problem's at the amp. what about weak starting? the battery charges good on a trickle charger overnight, but after a day or two it goes back to the same old weak, slow start. its probably going to be a real problem when it gets cold thats why im trying to fix it now

Loser47
07-20-2008, 09:39 PM
^i was leaning toward the fact my amp was probably going bad