PDA

View Full Version : The more humorious side of Barack

jjzx2sr
10-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Now Jon before i post this i want you to know i do not consider Barack Obama a muslim or an Arab. I am not raicst or anything like that. I was merely in the Palin thread an noticed that her and Sen. McCain were fair game. So as this is a Constutional Republic(not a democracy as it called) i believe in equal billing.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/capt_f6bb2313399647049be04be63b8733.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/capt_55114e7967e54bddbf96d5f93f9b87.jpg

jjzx2sr
10-17-2008, 12:27 AM
Jon Stewart declares Obama fair game: "You're allowed to laugh at him."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0608/Making_fun_of_Obama.html

powder
10-17-2008, 12:41 AM
Seriously... you make McCain supporters look retarded. Be the bigger man for fucks sake. I can see why Jon has a problem w/ you.

jjzx2sr
10-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Oh here is one from the new yorker, no i dont suscribe i just found it lol.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/125383_l.jpg

zxtwou2
10-17-2008, 12:55 AM
you just found that? what rock did you just crawl out from under?

jjzx2sr
10-17-2008, 12:59 AM
Seriously... you make McCain supporters look retarded. Be the bigger man for fucks sake. I can see why Jon has a problem w/ you.

Powder, the problem with Jon is he has no sense of humor, also there are theads on here bashing palin or making fun of her mentally retarded child. I didnt say anything or claim that is was blasphemy as it was there post and its there right to post what they will.

Jon Makes Obama's supporters look intolerant and bilergent.

He can post info about McCain untill hell freezes over and make fun of him till doomsday it wont bother me one bit. I do however take offense to personal attacks which he does quite frequently. As for him having a problem with me he shouldn't after all its just politics. I would think that anyone on here would wouldnt take politics to seriously as we are here to celebrate to creation of the almighty ZX2 arre we not. Politics is secondary to that, but if it bothers him so much and he truly has a problem with me then i would recommend not reading political posts created by me. This solution would i'm sure help Jon with that ulcer that hes has to be getting and the sleepless nights that i'm responsible for lol.

jjzx2sr
10-17-2008, 01:03 AM
you just found that? what rock did you just crawl out from under?

We'll as i work 14-16 hourd a day and am fixing up a house in my spare time, i don't search the net that much. I usually dont get too involved with making fun of either canidate as whoever gets in is going to have a hard time of it. But since jokes were made about the GOP canidates i figured i'd post a few for the Dems. The John Stewart video was good.., not racist or out of line...the Waffle one was good too, and im suprised that even made it one the cover of any magazine in todays world of political correctness.

outkastrooster
10-17-2008, 01:05 AM
Oh here is one from the new yorker, no i dont suscribe i just found it lol.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/125383_l.jpgi own and have framed that months mag lol

powder
10-17-2008, 01:22 AM
Powder, the problem with Jon is he has no sense of humor, also there are theads on here bashing palin or making fun of her mentally retarded child. I didnt say anything or claim that is was blasphemy as it was there post and its there right to post what they will.

He can post info about McCain untill hell freezes over and make fun of him till doomsday it wont bother me one bit. I do however take offense to personal attacks which he does quite frequently. As for him having a problem with me he shouldn't after all its just politics. I would think that anyone on here would wouldnt take politics to seriously as we are here to celebrate to creation of the almighty ZX2 arre we not. Politics is secondary to that, but if it bothers him so much and he truly has a problem with me then i would recommend not reading political posts created by me. This solution would i'm sure help Jon with that ulcer that hes has to be getting and the sleepless nights that i'm responsible for lol.

Jon has a sense of humor (kind of sick and twisted at times), but he is right. You're posting hard core, right wing garbage. I'll be the first to admit i voted McCain already because i believe in his principles on Iraq and the economy (with exception to his health care plan that will never get past congress) and his passion in all subjects of government.

Basically what i'm saying, is i don't appreciate the shit you post and what i would appreciate is you stopping "an eye for an eye" and just putting your vote where your mouth is. Have some dignity.

jjzx2sr
10-17-2008, 01:28 AM
Powder i didn't start the eye for an eye, i merely posted my opinion and the opnions of others. If you are looking for a retraction or an apology you are waisting your time in my thread.

zxtwou2
10-17-2008, 01:30 AM

first off, your callous remarks about Jon make you seem just as intolerant and beligerant to oposing opinions. a majority of the people that talk about politics on here are very stubborn, and are probably not going to change their mind about the person they vote for...so then you get a pissing match full of hard core Obama guys arguing with hard core McCain guys. the point of a political debate is to bring up faults and strong points of candidates so that people can make a sound judgement.

so just as hell might freeze over and you won't care what anyone says about McCain..remember they are just as stubborn and will not accept anything that goes against their candidate of choice, either. there are way too many people that are just too closed minded on here that banter away as if they will change another person's opinions. this is why i've stepped back from this section more than i usually do. if somebody says something i disagree with, i will step in...but i can argue for both sides. i'd argue more against Buster...but i usually don't read what he says, anyway. at least with Jon i can expect intelligent, thought out responses with citation. the other Obama followers on here....not so much.

also, who cares if it's a zx2 website? this is a public forum with a section devoted for political discussions...so why should everyone cool down on important topics that the entire nation needs to be paying more attention to? i'd go as far to say that national issues discussed in this section affect our lives much more than our cars do. heck...economy goes down...less car parts, right? :lol:

and ulcers? what makes you think you make that big of an impact on somebody so epic?

jjzx2sr
10-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Ulcers, because he sure seems to worry alot about these posts lol. Also i have more than once stated im not trying to convert the democratic world to republicanism. Also i didn't start the callous remarks read all the posts, This could have been a nice polite political exchange, but someone had to make it personal. So now that it is personal i try to be as nice as possible given the conditions. I was raised by a Marine Corps DI father and i do not do well with personal insults, whinning, challenges and etc it is not in my nature to let things go. That having been said you can imagine the sick and twisted sense of humor that i have. I would say more but that is enough for anyone reading to see where im coming from.

powder
10-17-2008, 01:37 AM
Powder i didn't start the eye for an eye, i merely posted my opinion and the opnions of others. If you are looking for a retraction or an apology you are waisting your time in my thread.

You don't have to start it, you're being the "smaller man" by trying (and failing) at finishing it.

I don't want a retraction or an apology... and if you think i'm wasting your time in a "politics and religion forum" thread, i don't care. Comes with the territory. If you're not prepared for "idiocy vs rationalism" (i'm on the rationalism side) arguments, you shouldn't post here.

jjzx2sr
10-17-2008, 01:53 AM
Um you might want to read what you said, i didnt say your were waist my time i said you were waisting your time, also i didn't reccomend staying out of the politics and religion threads altogther i merely sugested staying out of the ones that bother you. You know they say ingnorance is bliss. Well as far as trying to finish it believe me not even trying and let me guess you were raised in one of those "walk away from a fight homes and be a bigger man". Some of us can't help ourselves as we had clinicly psycho parents that forgot to mention that "smaller man/bigger man" bit when we grew up. No that was not a personal attack on you just drawing a comparsion.

ZX2guy19
10-17-2008, 04:45 AM
If you were in the mccain palin thread you would have seen that Jon said not to post this kind of stuff. Grow up count chocula

Big Mizz
10-17-2008, 07:58 AM
Hey SportCompactParts...

It's quite obvious that you are an extreme right wing nutjob and that's okay. You have the right to be a tool if you feel the need.

I also have the right to own your pathetic ass like I did in the other thread when you tried to disrespect me by posting your garbage.

So, the question is this:

Have you learned your lesson or do you need another round of me making you my bitch to get the point across that you're a moron?

powder
10-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Um you might want to read what you said, i didnt say your were waist my time i said you were waisting your time, also i didn't reccomend staying out of the politics and religion threads altogther i merely sugested staying out of the ones that bother you. You know they say ingnorance is bliss. Well as far as trying to finish it believe me not even trying and let me guess you were raised in one of those "walk away from a fight homes and be a bigger man". Some of us can't help ourselves as we had clinicly psycho parents that forgot to mention that "smaller man/bigger man" bit when we grew up. No that was not a personal attack on you just drawing a comparsion.

Don't fool yourself. This isn't a "Politics and Religion" thread in anything but the forum it was posted in. It was meant as a shit-stirring thread in the first place.

You can question how i was raised all you want, it means nothing. You're having an e-fight. If you think that posting this garbage is fighting, your parents must have taught you e-penor growth science instead of "be the bigger man". I'm not the one making you look ignorant, you don't need my help with that one.

mechtech
10-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Political cartoonists have been around for a few centuries, at least. I am amazed at how much information can be conveyed in a simple picture with a maybe short caption on it. These guys are sharp, if nothing else.

But they were MORE vicious in Abraham Lincoln's time.

I can't see how anybody would be so harsh, so quickly, against SCP for posting a political satire cartoon. SCPs original posting words were not inflammatory, but actually concilliatory! Apologetic and rather benign!

I guess the light of day makes rats and roaches run.

PHeller
10-17-2008, 05:42 PM
They are funny cartoons.

Funny in that people out there actually believe them.

jjzx2sr
10-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Well at least im not one of them i thought they were humorous thats all and in the spirit of good clean fun everywhere i thought it might be nice to see some Obama cartoons or jokes along with the Palin and McCain ones.

jjzx2sr
10-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey SportCompactParts...

It's quite obvious that you are an extreme right wing nutjob and that's okay. You have the right to be a tool if you feel the need.

I also have the right to own your pathetic ass like I did in the other thread when you tried to disrespect me by posting your garbage.

So, the question is this:

Have you learned your lesson or do you need another round of me making you my bitch to get the point across that you're a moron?

I wasn't aware that round one had even started. And remember Debate, Get angry, but keep your cool. No name calling, no threats, no being a tool....

Big Mizz
10-17-2008, 06:21 PM
I wasn't aware that round one had even started. And remember Debate, Get angry, but keep your cool. No name calling, no threats, no being a tool....

Piss off, n00b.

The problem is, you do not debate...no, you just make moronic post after post in here seemingly taken straight from Sean Hannity's website.

The day you actually post something worthwhile is the day I treat you as anything higher than my bitch.

jjzx2sr
10-17-2008, 06:22 PM
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/audacity-of-a-dope-sac0430c.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/baptism_of_obama.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/obama-and-media.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/obama-and-the-new-yorker.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/obama-flip-flopping-sb0625d.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/obama-flip-flops.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/obama_campaign_change.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/obama_dictators.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/obamas-bitter-words.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/obamas_preacher.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/reverend-wright.jpg

Big Mizz
10-17-2008, 06:34 PM
I rest my case.

jjzx2sr
10-17-2008, 06:41 PM
They are cartoons and jokes, lighten up its not like im atacking you personally. Also im no ones bitch if you want one of those look elsewhere.

jjzx2sr
10-17-2008, 06:42 PM
I generally refrain from debates as they tend to get ugly. Also when think of ugly i think of you lol.

5spdzx2
10-17-2008, 06:55 PM
You say your not biased. I await your McCain cartoons.

Ill start, you finish..

Big Mizz
10-17-2008, 06:57 PM
I generally refrain from debates as they tend to get ugly. Also when think of ugly i think of you lol.

Wow...did you just graduate middle school?

jjzx2sr
10-17-2008, 09:53 PM
No i was merely lowering myself to your standards of name calling and general rudeness.

jjzx2sr
10-17-2008, 09:59 PM
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/appeaser.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/messing.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/flagpin.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/sportcompactparts/untitled.jpg

Zx2Lame
10-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Why is everyone after SportCP. lighten up people, geeze. He really hasnt attacked anyone, except the slight tease to Mizzou that he ended up taking way out of proportion. These were made by other people not him.

Some of you need to really grow up and learn some respect. Imo hes very patient and levelheaded with you people and you resort to namecalling and flaming

As for the cartoons, i enjoyed some of them, good post

Big Mizz
10-18-2008, 06:21 AM
Why is everyone after SportCP. lighten up people, geeze. He really hasnt attacked anyone, except the slight tease to Mizzou that he ended up taking way out of proportion. These were made by other people not him.

Some of you need to really grow up and learn some respect. Imo hes very patient and levelheaded with you people and you resort to namecalling and flaming

As for the cartoons, i enjoyed some of them, good post

:violin:

Shut the holy hell fuck up, n00b...who died and made you the morality police around here?

SCP comes in here posting mostly crap and he gets called on it. That's not an issue of respect...that's an issue of the community calling his bullshit.

I just love it when some n00b comes in here and starts preaching about how this site should be and how its members should conduct themselves as if they are the magical moral compass that we all so desperately need. Well listen up dolt...if you don't like the language, get out. Got it?

While you're at it, kindly end yourself in the most violent manner possible.

Thank you.

JonsZX2SR
10-18-2008, 07:20 AM
Political satire has been around for a long time and it has it's place. It should try to get people thinking. At the same time it shouldn't be overused to try to promote outright lies.

Some things should be left alone. For example, cartoons making fun of Sarah Palin because she has a Down's Syndrome child are off base. I can think of plenty of reasons to spoof Sarah, based on what I've seen of her in the media.

If someone has a family member who has had an unfortunate turn of events beyond their control (Birth defects, etc.) leave them out of the satire.

Bad behavior, especially when the candidate might have been involved is another thing. For example, Sarah Palin's daughter's pregnancy and choices reflect on her family upbringing or Todd Palin's attempt to use the office of the govenor to pursue personal interests do reflect on Sarah Plain's judgement as govenor.

Don't make fun of the pregnant daughter, but do question Sarah Palin's judgement and example.

Similarly, you cannot completely separate Obama from Rev. Wright (Rev. Wrong ??) or separate both Obama or McCain from ACORN. Both have past ties to the organization. Similarly, one has to question Mccain's leadership in selecting Palin without ner being fully vetted or allowing his organization to use Joe the plumber without fully investigating who the guy actually is. There are questions of judgement with both candidates.

The problem with satire used to excess, is when people try to use to to promote lies. How many people, such as the retired in old folks homes, think Obama is a muslim or a terrorist because they have repeatedly seen both satire and outright claims ?

The downside of all this is when outrageous claims are disproved, the backlash usually gains more votes for the person under attack.

Using my own experience working for the Obama organization, I'd estimate Obama has gained 4 votes from disproved the lies, for every 3 votes that might have been lost due to the lies. Voters are getting sick of the lies and distortions (by both sides.) The problem for the McCain campaign is the negative supporters in their camp are more strident and less cautious with their claims, with predicatble results.

Those who oppose Obama need to come up with a better strategy, because they are part of what is costing McCain the election.

SoCalZX2
10-18-2008, 07:29 AM
Now Jon, I know you're trying to downplay Obama's past links with ACORN; but if McCains only tie is that he was a keynote speaker @ an immigration reform rally; that's not much of a tie to them now is it?

If you've got something other than that, please point it out. If not, I'd appreciate you stop trying to put McCain in the same boat as Obama when it comes to that group. Since you don't like lies, or misleading discussions, you might wanna set that example for yourself ;)

Rest of your post is spot on though.

JonsZX2SR
10-18-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm not trying to downplay Obama's past ties, in particular his legal work for ACORN in 1995. However, Mccain being a keynote speaker in 2006 for an ACORN rally on immigration is hardly a minor interaction. McCain sought recent political opportunity with ACORN as well.

ACORN is an activist organization and it does have problems stemming from overzealous or dishonest workers. it should be investigated. However, attempting to pin the blame for ACORN's problem is going to blow up in the McCain supporters faces, just as the poorly researched effort to use Joe the plumber is now backfiring.

Attempts to try to discredit all voters registered by ACORN or other local groups are going to backfire on the Republicans. All the legitimate voters aren't going to forget.

The problem with the Republican party 2008 is they think only of a minority of voters, some middle class white folks and the rich. They are clueless that we vote in a democracy and if a majority of voters reject your ideas you are shit out of luck.

25 years ago I was proud to be a moderate Republican. Today, while there are some moderate Republican candidates (Gov. Jodi Rell of CT) I strongly support I cannot support national Republican politics. I am not comfortable with the Democratic party either, but see a better opportunity for a moderate voice with the Democrats.

Ironic that I said the same thing more than 25 years ago rejecting the Democrats. A lot of moderate independents have rejected Republican policies and candidates which is why McCain is so phukked in this election.

I'm a community activist (are you going to make fun of me ??) who is trying to get Obama elected. Does that make me a terrorist, or somehow link me to the ACORN voter registration problem ?? I don't think so.

Many people I have spoken with believe that bad decisions by the MccCin organization are a reflection of McCain's declining cognitive abilities and his failing to grasp the situation. Had McCain chose a VP (Pawlenty, Jindall) who could have stringly attracted the moderate vote, taking those votes away from Obama, the situation might be reversed.

We will never know...

SoCalZX2
10-18-2008, 08:05 AM
I don't think anyone is trying to discredit ALL voters registred by ACORN; but you're correct in the fact that organization really needs to be investigated. At least I'd hope they're not.

I think that being a key note speaker is a less scary tie than doing work for them in the past and IIRC donating a ton of money to them as Obama has (I honestly can't recall where I read that; so I may be wrong there). Being a speaker at something is different than giving full support to an organization via funding or working for them in a legal manner. That's just my opinion though, and isn't a hand waving exercise. It wouldn't matter if it was McCain, Obama, Biden, Palin, Bush or my mom being a speaker at a rally in support of 1 item; vs giving monetary support and legal support of the group itself.

Too many ties in too many places that scare me from Obama, plus I'm not a fan of his political policies in many areas. Nor am I a fan of the negative campaign from the REP side of things. And I agree, us more moderate voters will decide the election, and I'm not going to be shocked if Obama is elected.

JonsZX2SR
10-18-2008, 08:18 AM
At bit of humor, borrowed in part from another member here...

http://www.teamzx2.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2500&stc=1&d=1224343515

JonsZX2SR
10-18-2008, 08:38 AM
...and I agree, us more moderate voters will decide the election, and I'm not going to be shocked if Obama is elected.

Then why don't you, I and tens of millions of moderate voters band together and try to drag one of the parties toward the center. I was actively involved in trying to get Reagan (a moderate by today's standards) elected in 1980 and '84 and I am active trying to get Obama elected. I believe there is a better chance to get the Democratic leadership to listen than the leaders of the republican party.

The message I want to send to the Republican party is to wake up to moderate voters and stop trying to force right wing values, especially those espoused by the religious right on public school teaching.

Who else here has donated time or money toward either candidate ??

SoCalZX2
10-18-2008, 08:40 AM
You can stop trying to convince me Jon ;)

JonsZX2SR
10-18-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm not trying to convince you... at the same time I'm not going to stop expressing my opinion.

If moderate republicans tried to drag the republican party toward the center it would benefit both the country and the party. My question is why are so many middle of the road republicans complacent ??

The difference between the strengths of the republican and democratic parties is more democrats, including moderates are willing to become involved.

Perhaps the republican party will become extinct and be replaced by a more moderate party. When the republicans became a national party in 1856, they were filling a void in the political spectrum. Perhaps the time has come for moderates of all affiliations to come together and reject the Republicrats

SoCalZX2
10-18-2008, 09:05 AM
I'd love for a more moderate group to get a better backing. Like say, the libertarian party ;)

Thats a more middle of the road group with sights set on letting the people govern themselves with smaller government, less spending, more freedoms and less government intrusion. Problem is, neither the REP or DEM will ever let that happen LOL.

Zx2Lame
10-18-2008, 10:11 AM
:violin:

Shut the holy hell fuck up, n00b...who died and made you the morality police around here?

SCP comes in here posting mostly crap and he gets called on it. That's not an issue of respect...that's an issue of the community calling his bullshit.

I just love it when some n00b comes in here and starts preaching about how this site should be and how its members should conduct themselves as if they are the magical moral compass that we all so desperately need. Well listen up dolt...if you don't like the language, get out. Got it?

While you're at it, kindly end yourself in the most violent manner possible.

Thank you.

Actually SCP isnt posting mostly crap, he was posting funny comics he found and you got your panties all twisted up as you are now. I also didnt say anything about the language, cuss all you want, its just not part of the "rules" that no one seems to follow to call people cuss words.

I think its funny how you're the "noobslayer" and call me a noob but I'm laughing at your well put together garbage of a post and trash talking.

While you're at, kindly end your postings so you don't get made fun of and laughed at.

These are comics of Obama, if you have some post'em dont be a tool (rules lol)

JonsZX2SR
10-18-2008, 10:20 AM
...what moderates need to do is take over the Libertarian party, rather than look for support. Less talk, more action. As long as the moderate majority (we are a majority) is content to sit on our collective butts, the country is phukked...

Just to make things clear, I don't see Obama as the savior or answer to all our countries ills. I see him as a dose of strong medicine. The country has been poisioned by ruinous fiscal policies under the GW Bush administrations (holding everyone accountable.) I see McCain just continuing that ruinous poison.

One thing I see happening under Obama is return to the Clinton policies in an effort to get the national debt under control. People are afraid of the Democrats as tax and spend liberals, but recent Republicans (with their democratic collaborators) have adopted a don't tax and spend anyway mentality.

Despite their past roots, I see national debt resolution being one of the Democrats first objectives.

This isn't that pleasant of an election, you have to chose between the 'bitter medicine' of Obama for past mistakes vs. the 'poison' of McCain continuing the 'poison' of the Bush years.

I'm voting for the bitter medicine, and a hope that the country comes to it's senses with Republicans finally waking up, putting up more moderate nominees and policies and trying to win back the voters.

SoCalZX2
10-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Despite their past roots, I see national debt resolution being one of the Democrats first objectives.

I seriously doubt that.

I agree with a lot of your post (excluding the thoughts of McCain to an extent). But if you're such a moderate, why in '07 were you supporting Obama instead of the moderate group like libertarian which supports a much more moderate sense of things?

It appears neither of us are going to be voting by our principles this year, or you just proved yourself a liar about being moderate. (not an attack, just an observation)

JonsZX2SR
10-18-2008, 10:41 AM
I see supporting a minor party as a wasted vote until we kill one or both major parties. In '07 I decided that this country needed a break from the Bush administration and decided to work toward that happening.

McCain's selling out to the conservative right to get the nomination rather than standing on past principles was the tipping point. His nominating Sarah palin to get the woman vote and appease the religious right are examples of his sell out.

Given 2 choices, continue the ruinous don't tax and spend policies of the republicans or vote in the Democrats and see what they will do, I support the latter.

If we elect McCain there is virtually no chance the moderate voices are going to be heard. The republican party will remain stuck, held hostage by the far right. By electing Obama there is a chance the country will swing back toward being more moderate within 4 years.

Given the current support for the Democrats, I see turning the Republicans upside down right now being the easier task. ...and as i said before i see Mccain as poison and Obama as bitter medicine. Ideally we shouldn't be taking either.

If the republicans respond to a cry for more moderate candidates, that's good for the country. If they remain brain dead and ignore the voters, then perhaps they will die, opening a path for a new major party.

My question to you, is why aren't you active politically trying to have more moderate voices heard ??

SoCalZX2
10-18-2008, 10:52 AM
What, because I'm not out there working for a campaign I'm not trying to get moderate views out there and heard / understood?

At least you and I see that voting principals right now is a little bit of a waste since it might as well be a vote FOR the person you DON'T want in office. The problem with that though, is if we both, and the moderates like us continue to vote REP or DEM to keep someone from office, the moderate party like LIB will never really get off the ground and get any support.

So instead of questioning me, and what I do; Why aren't YOU trying to get a more moderate voice heard? Because voting Obama / Biden won't swing us to a moderate area. Just to a more liberal area (especially w/ a DEM controlled congress).

Neither candidate is really going to change anything. McCain won't get anything past congress; and Obama would have to spend out his ass to produce anything he's said he wants to. Is that change? Is that putting the national debt first? Nope!

Big Mizz
10-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Actually SCP isnt posting mostly crap, he was posting funny comics he found and you got your panties all twisted up as you are now.

If you think those comics have even a shred of humor in them, your sense of humor is seriously warped. However, I concede that anyone who thinks SCP is making worthwhile posts wouldn't know good humor if it came up and slapped them on the face.

I think its funny how you're the "noobslayer" and call me a noob but I'm laughing at your well put together garbage of a post and trash talking.

Mmmhmm...I sure haven't heard that line before. :rolleyes:

See, the problem with young punks like you is that they think they know all the answers, they are above reproach in what they say and do and are always the bigger man in interpersonal dealings. In reality, however, they are more likely to be a scared little bitch that will jump on any bandwagon they can to gain reputation with the crowd they'd love to be a part of...even if it means calling out numerous members of a message board (like you did) and saying that they are being rude to another. A knight in shining armor, indeed.

While you're at, kindly end your postings so you don't get made fun of and laughed at.

Oh yes...it's very refreshing to see yet another n00b presume to tell me what to do as if they know me or if what they say matters a pair of dingo's kidneys to me.

Piss off, kid.

JonsZX2SR
10-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Socal, there is an approach called creative destruction. Companies do it all the time to compete in the market place. For new growth to happen you first have to obsolete or destroy the current technology, even if you are the industry leader.

Hindu beliefs also hold this approach. Before Brahma can create and Vishnu sustain, Shiva must destroy was is in the way for new growth.

I see the republican and democratic parties being too gridlocked, too beholden to special interests. To achieve change something must be broken. The Democrats have too much grassroots strength, and their policies have the ability to energize people for or against.

If the Republicans stay in power, the gridlock continues with the poisonous policies of the Bush adminstration.

What I am hoping and working for is a Democratic landslide that will awaken the body of the republican party or the moderate vioters. Either the Republicans get destroyed or power in the party shifts to the center. If they get destroyed then it paves the way for another more moderate party. Either way, an opportunity for moderates opens up.

I fear Obama far less than the hate mongers who spread lies and fear. I don't see any radical shift in the country. More than 80% of congress is likely to return. In 2 years we can start electing different legislators after the shock has worn off.

Regardless, I've put my energies in what i believe and from experience I've found there are a lot of us out there.

SoCalZX2
10-18-2008, 12:19 PM
I understand the concept, and I hope you're right. I'm just not sure if this would be a good time to repeat a "Carter era" and then bring in "Reagan" after 4 years of utter bad timing (mind you, I know little about carter since I wasn't born ;))

It worked in that aspect; but my concern would be 4-8 years of "Carter" and then a momentous swing passing moderate and landing back in the middle of conservative.

JonsZX2SR
10-18-2008, 03:25 PM
I don't think it will be a Carter era, because Obama seems to be more of try to get things done guy than Carter. If Obama's proposals upset a lot of people, it could energize the opposition. But to be effective, the conservative minority will have to cede the lead to larger moderate group.

Remember that not all Democrats are as far left as Obama. he wisely chose Biden as a running mate and HRC, despite her quirks, is a moderating force. also incredible pressure will be on the Obama administration to right the economy.

It could play out a lot of ways, Obama could turn out to be a multipartisan leader needing to give in to moderating forces in both the Democratic and Republican parties. Sometimes groups work together better under adverse condituions or where change is inevitable. Another way this could play out is moderate Democrats and Republicans learn to work together again and hold some power in the center.

Obama could also wind up a bust, and I would hope the Republicans figure out the way to take back the White House would be to reun a couple of moderates and grap a huge chuunk of the vote. Someone like Ronald reagan wouldn't be so bad.

If McCain is elected I just see 4 more years of the gov't being gridlocked and following failed economic and foreign policies.

I think it will take two years just to start getting things turned around. I am so fed up and scared of with the right wing of the Republican party I'm willing to try this. I agree, I hope i'm right.

Zx2Lame
10-18-2008, 07:24 PM
If you think those comics have even a shred of humor in them, your sense of humor is seriously warped.

at least i have a sense of humor

See, the problem with young punks like you is that they think they know all the answers, they are above reproach in what they say and do and are always the bigger man in interpersonal dealings. In reality, however, they are more likely to be a scared little bitch that will jump on any bandwagon they can to gain reputation with the crowd they'd love to be a part of...even if it means calling out numerous members of a message board (like you did) and saying that they are being rude to another. A knight in shining armor, indeed.

I'm not as old as you yes but I'm not that young. I also am not jumping on any bandwagon since I was with the only guy on "the other team(?)". Also you are rude and if your so "old" it might be ok to act like it, just saying.

I actually came on this forum to make some friends that enjoy there cars but every once in a while i run into a couple of dickheads that think they know everything. again, read the forum rules no being a tool. whats your problem :shrug:

Oh yes...it's very refreshing to see yet another n00b presume to tell me what to do as if they know me or if what they say matters a pair of dingo's kidneys to me.

Piss off, kid.

Sorry to point this out :poke: but if i'm the noob and you're the noobslayer why havent you "slayed" me yet lol. Get a hint old man alzheimer's is kicking in :bangnana:

post me back so i can have a good laugh

mechtech
10-18-2008, 09:24 PM
There is no way McCain and BO can be remotely compared with their Acorn 'connections'.
Ludicrous and desperate.

Big Mizz
10-19-2008, 01:16 PM
at least i have a sense of humor

Debatable.

I'm not as old as you yes but I'm not that young. I also am not jumping on any bandwagon since I was with the only guy on "the other team(?)". Also you are rude and if your so "old" it might be ok to act like it, just saying.

I am rude? Stop the fucking presses. I miraculous revelation has just occurred, folks! Can you believe it? This obvious mental midget has discovered that I am rude. Give that boy a cigar!

I actually came on this forum to make some friends that enjoy there cars but every once in a while i run into a couple of dickheads that think they know everything.

I don't know everything...not in the slightest. I do know a major fucktard when I see one, though. I especially know the ones that like coming in with a holier-than-thou attitude that admonishes us to follow the rules and be nice to each other. You obviously don't know this forum family very well, do you?

again, read the forum rules no being a tool. whats your problem :shrug:

Who the hell are you to tell me what to do?

Sorry to point this out :poke: but if i'm the noob and you're the noobslayer why havent you "slayed" me yet lol. Get a hint old man alzheimer's is kicking in :bangnana:

post me back so i can have a good laugh

Actually, the effects are being felt as you type. You see, over the years I have dealt with many dolts like you. The one thread of commonality between them and you is that they always are "sitting back and laughing" at anything I or anyone else who decides to join in the fray is saying to them. That is usually indicative that they are indeed at a loss for something pertinent to say in their own defense so they put up the front that it's all being deflected.

So yes, please say you're laughing this all up and that I should post more...go on...I know you're waiting...

rusty
10-19-2008, 05:51 PM
LOL This shit is hilarious.

SoCalZX2
10-19-2008, 06:06 PM
LOL This shit is hilarious.

eFights always are ;)

rusty
10-19-2008, 06:09 PM
eFights always are ;)

Oh I didnt even notice it until you pointed it out. I was talking about the cartoons.

Why is there even a fight about it?

Edit: NVM I read it. Everyone is so bitchy lately.

SoCalZX2
10-19-2008, 06:14 PM
OH LOL. I haven't seen the cartoons because I do most of my perusing @ work. Most hosting sites are blocked. It's a rough election year, so everyone's gonna be grouchy lol.

Zx2Lame
10-20-2008, 09:14 AM
All i said was give SCP a break and this guy jumps down my throat trying to look cool and show me up. didn't work so he just posts more stuff in a feeble attempt to redeem himself and thinks I'm really mad and not actually laughing at him.
I am laughing but I'm starting to think you actually think you're showing me up. I'm kinda feeling bad for you.

Big Mizz
10-20-2008, 12:02 PM
All i said was give SCP a break and this guy jumps down my throat trying to look cool and show me up. didn't work so he just posts more stuff in a feeble attempt to redeem himself and thinks I'm really mad and not actually laughing at him.
I am laughing but I'm starting to think you actually think you're showing me up. I'm kinda feeling bad for you.

What's truly sad and pathetic is that you actually think you're important enough for me to give more than two thoughts about.

Did the thought ever cross your feeble mind that from me you only get what you put out? The more of a dick you are, the bigger dick I am...cause and effect, remember?

You'll notice that when I get into a heated discussion with people who've been here more than seemingly two days they just debate and move on without losing their cool. You, however, couldn't resist showing your e-penis and an e-maturity that spans the ages.

You failed.

Go home, son. It's over.

rusty
10-20-2008, 12:40 PM

Honestly your best bet would be to just zip it and move on. No use trying to fight with mizz, its like arguing with a mirror and getting mad that you are outwinning yourself.

zx2loon
10-20-2008, 01:08 PM
^^ :rofl:

So true with the older members......they're set in their ways!! :judge:

JonsZX2SR
10-20-2008, 02:11 PM
So true with the older members......they're set in their ways!!

I assume you're speaking about McCain. What is scary about the McCain/Palin campaign is they cannot agree on an consistent party platform (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/20/palin-and-mccain-disagree-on-federal-gay-marriage-ban/). Is Sarah running for VP and supporting McCain or for president with her own policies ??

The McCain capaign is obviously disorganized. We cannot afford to have these two run the country.

mechtech
10-20-2008, 02:58 PM
BO proclaimed that if an abortion failed, and the baby lived, the 'original intent of the mother' should be carried out!
After the flak about this, his campaign publicly stated one response/statement, and he stated another! Who knows what the 'policy' is today!?
It is hard to keep track of lies, it is easy to keep track and be consistent with truth.

SoCalZX2
10-20-2008, 05:05 PM
I assume you're speaking about McCain. What is scary about the McCain/Palin campaign is they cannot agree on an consistent party platform (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/20/palin-and-mccain-disagree-on-federal-gay-marriage-ban/). Is Sarah running for VP and supporting McCain or for president with her own policies ??

The McCain capaign is obviously disorganized. We cannot afford to have these two run the country.

No Jon, he was actually referring to the rash treatment of newer members by older members of this site.

It's nice that you took the opportunity to take another stab at the other tickets campaign. Considering this was a topic that was started on the humorous side of obama, I fail to see how your attack of the McCain campaign is on topic.

JonsZX2SR
10-20-2008, 05:19 PM
I offered my opinion that the McCain organization is disorganized. Whether you consider it to be a stab is irrelevant. Just as you and others offer 'opinion's about Obama, I have mine about McCain.

...and I will continue to exercise my 1st amendment rights and keep posting those 'opinions' here.

Apparently some think that Colin Powell's decision to support Obama is a slap in the face of the Republican party (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/20/powell.endorsement/index.html).

I wonder what happened to Powell's 1st amendemnt rights to express his honest opinion ? I remember some of the HRC supporters calling Bill Richardson a 'Judas' because he didn't support Hillary during the primaries.

I guess when you think for yourself and don't follow the party line some people think you are wrong. talk about trying to squash 1st amandment free speech rights...

Let's just agree that each of us can post what we believe and others can disagree, argue, dispute, refute, etc. and all the other things that happen when people talk politics.

SoCalZX2
10-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Let's just agree that each of us can post what we believe and others can disagree, argue, dispute, refute, etc. and all the other things that happen when people talk politics.

i dont disagree, but when youve banned people in the past for being off topic (as you completely were with your post), you look like a hypocrite when you do it yourself and then defend the action.

Gunslinger
10-20-2008, 10:52 PM
this thread,, is really off topic.

zxtwou2
10-20-2008, 10:53 PM
because the original topic was retarded.

Gunslinger
10-20-2008, 10:55 PM
perhaps

Zx2Lame
10-21-2008, 12:04 AM
What's truly sad and pathetic is that you actually think you're important enough for me to give more than two thoughts about.

yet you reply to me still :poke:

Did the thought ever cross your feeble mind that from me you only get what you put out? The more of a dick you are, the bigger dick I am...cause and effect, remember?

actually im holding back quite a bit since i'm new i dont want to be kicked or anything :angel:

You'll notice that when I get into a heated discussion with people who've been here more than seemingly two days they just debate and move on without losing their cool. You, however, couldn't resist showing your e-penis and an e-maturity that spans the ages.

You failed.

Heres where you fail the most. I haven't lost my cool and am not trying to show my epeen or e-maturity. I havent tried showing anyone how cool I am by bashing the new guy. I havent lost arguments to a younger guy and flipped out and post a bunch of gibberish.
Does everyone want to try and belittle the "noob"? lol

Go home, son. It's over.

so you're done making yourself look foolish? I sure hope so I'm tired of respond to your comments........... actually I'm done, they are off topic and uncalled for.

I'm sure you'll respond by how much you've won and i certainly lost cause i "gave up". prove me wrong. :p

powder
10-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Locked.

JonsZX2SR
10-21-2008, 05:33 AM
i dont disagree, but when youve banned people in the past for being off topic (as you completely were with your post), you look like a hypocrite when you do it yourself and then defend the action.

This is the politics and religion section. Tell me that you really don't expect threads to stay on topic, but ramble and digress the way 'discussions' usually do in these areas. One of the time honored tools of political debate is to deflect questions and discussions. Another is the filibuster (not to be confused with the York, PA 'buster' which is an entirely different breed of animal.) I suppost I could go on with a 5 page long folibuster here if I wanted to, then invoke the argument that plenty of past revered members of congress (of either party affiliation have done so) for generations.

...and don't even go there with the you've banned members for doing less argument. Provide one link where I was involved in an argument, then banned someone who disagreed with me. I may have banned someone for a gross violation of the rules.

One of the rules I've gotten the administrative team to agree to is moderators and administrators don't moderate or ban people from topics they've become involved with. The rule is to get another moderator to deal with a situation if you're part of the debate, and I judiciously follow that rule, sometimes choosing to stay out of a discussion if I feel moderation is going to be required.

So please provide that link, or failing to do so, retract your claim. This smells a lot like 'tell an egregious lie and hope it sticks'. So provide that link, please.

Of course, you also just used the time honored method of deflecting this debate. Good job, the deflection is appropriate, now give other people room to do the same.

People may not like it when others use these methods, but that's just the way politics play out. As I said before, this is the politics and religion section, it isn't a genteel tea party. If you're uncomfortable, grow a thicker skin or stay out of the debate. There are 2 weeks left before election day, the candidates have taken off their gloves and are duking it out. I expect the same here...