Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How to LSD your ZX2

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanspiff View Post
    Ok, so the ring gear from the MSP LSD will fit, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by lamouche98zx2
    to get the vss gear into place you need to machine the seat where the gear goes ...as the msp doesnt need it it use a abs sensor to get the speed reading.
    answers your question?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon here is your beer i owe you buddy :) - daggit2005 

waht was "MODDED" on the mx6 axles i.e. HOW were they modded?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

not mx6. mx3 v6.

and they were shortened. and we also need a bracket to use the midshaft from the mx3 v6

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon here is your beer i owe you buddy :) - daggit2005 

Quote Originally Posted by TTFOWIA View Post
    not mx6. mx3 v6.

and they were shortened. and we also need a bracket to use the midshaft from the mx3 v6
    My bad on the mx3 v6 vs mx6 confusion.. I saw the silver bracket ... so theyre SHORTENED.. how much is that shop charging for the set of axles?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

we dont know yet. I just called them today and they misunderstood us when I first talked to them... they were waiting for lamouche to come and show them his set. but in fact we asked them to check and make a new set out of mx3 v6 axles (we brought them stock zx2 axles) without needing us to remove lamouche's from his car.

its been a year since they made lamouche's set so they didnt remember the exact mods to do.

normally, it SHOULD be around 500 (including the axles and the midshaft from the mx3 v6)

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    For all the good info - ZX2OO7 You're one of the most helpful guys on here. Thanks! - Beodude123 most helpful as usual - gamma500 No Message - Meta 

You will need to shim the unit for proper preload in the case.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

For the price of this it is more resonable to go MTX-75 swap... that way nothing has to be done to a Quaife dif... drops right in the MTX-75... you'd still have to get custom axles, you'd have to get the speedo to work... plus the rest of the fabrication and a custom mount....sure, a little more work, but you have a way stronger trans.... and bigger aftermarket with way more clutch options...people have had those to more than 500hp

just my opinion on this whole thing....

Think either someone should go PG... an if they want to go farther... Quaife MTX-75... unless quaife ever makes an LSD for our G5M
    Last edited by ZX2 S/R Black; 04-28-2008 at 05:02 PM.
    2000 ZX2 S/R 1 in 500. Iceman S/R intake, SS 4-2-1 header, 2.5" SS borla Exhaust, Mfactory LSD, CWQ3 PCM, Ebaich Springs, Tokiko Struts, Energy suspension bushings all around, Motor Mount Inserts, Front & Rear Strut bars, 17" ADR Cypher rims, 150mph S/R cluster, S/R B&M short throw shifter with leather boot and shift knob. Have had all built block with Ford Racing head and a Garret GT28RS turbo and the works but parted out for school... no worries will build her up again one day...

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

come play with me with your phantom grip tranny and i'm sure at the end of the day you go back home on a towing... speaking by experience ... how many trannies i did see with an open tranny case because the phantom explose ...too much... everybody with klze swap in their probe even with turbo goes with a msp lsd so it can withstand enough power to do the job. Mine coming off and 323 with a bp pullin 385hp at the wheels.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

How much would you charge to have all this installed?Since you are experienced on this swap.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by lamouche98zx2 View Post
    come play with me with your phantom grip tranny and i'm sure at the end of the day you go back home on a towing... speaking by experience ... how many trannies i did see with an open tranny case because the phantom explose ...too much... everybody with klze swap in their probe even with turbo goes with a msp lsd so it can withstand enough power to do the job. Mine coming off and 323 with a bp pullin 385hp at the wheels.
    Impressive... But I wonder how much of a difference it makes... obviousley it's way stronger... do you know how much the MSP is rated to? I wonder what the Focus Quaife is rated to as well

How much was everything once everything was done axles included? 1.5K?
    Last edited by ZX2 S/R Black; 04-28-2008 at 06:01 PM.

scort2498 is offline I'm addicted to Chik's Phone Sex Hotline

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    closest thing i could find to a cookie!! lol - 2000zx2chik I told you i would buy u a drank(not for the boobs though) - scort2498 Its okay that you drive a chick car. I still like it. - 2000zx2chik Just dont get your "bat" stuck in it, cause i know you get bored sometimes! - 2000zx2chik Cause your my sweetheart! - 2000zx2chik 
    You may need this after I get there. They didnt have milk! - 2000zx2chik for better luck with u and ur car :) - 2000zx2chik since you love sushi :) - 2000zx2chik Relax and watch some tv baby ;) - 2000zx2chik OMG, What could it be??? - 2000zx2chik 
    Merry Christmas!!! - 2000zx2chik 

and y couldn't we use the lsd made for the focus? just swap trannies and but the focus lsd in?seems it would be easier than modifying everything.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    i'll give you the real thing if you help me with my transmission! - zxtwou2 

Or you could just use the good ol Lincoln locker, for those of you who are four wheelers...

Lincoln locker

Im sure a ton of you are going to flame it, but If done right they hold up very well. Iv ran them on a few vehicles and never had any problems.
    Last edited by Blue ZX2; 04-28-2008 at 06:44 PM.
    -Ben

'98 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5spd

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by scort2498 View Post
    and y couldn't we use the lsd made for the focus? just swap trannies and but the focus lsd in?seems it would be easier than modifying everything.
    you can ..its the mtx75 swap they spoke of.. its not a bolt up lotta modifications needed .. cutting the left side framerail.. focus uses a cable shifter unlike ours thats another big diff.. no EASY way for it to work with our instrument cluster.. those are just a few reasons

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

theres some guy here with welded diff but it's just for drag application or rally.

i know someone here that can fill the space between the spider gears with some sort of washer then jam everything by soldering everthing together....but i told me try to turn on dry pavement and you will cry..

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

yeah, welded diff is not a good idea when its not for drag only use. the LSD option is the best option. the PG will simply DESTROY your transmission if it decides to break. We have someone here in the clubzx2quebec that destroyed a transmission because of a PG.

Thread Information