Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Keman Intake Mod

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I did the keman intake mod, with some slight alterations to the parts used. Since I work at an irrigation shop this made it easy to get my hands on the parts. Instead of a standard 2" sch 40 pipe I used a 2x6 sch 80 TOE (Thread One End) Nipple<------ actual name. This gave me the ability to file down the lip that I connected to the 2" coupler to create a more even space for the air to flow. Also instead of epoxy I used flex pipe primer and glue as it will hold these parts together all the same and they have a high operating temp of 180 degrees* not that it will ever hit those temps. Side note* WTF Was ford thinking when they put all that garbage in there. I hardly notice a noise increase at all.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Gald to see you at Cyb's again. - zx2loon You've earned this one! - Big Mizz 

^^ I think they were just trying to make the car perform worse, anyway that's what that stuff did IMO.
    My car is a collectable according to PennDOT

My car has had two owners: Ford Motor Company and Me.

http://www.degettlehobbyllc.com

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I just did this mod yesterday and I am so psyched on how good the results are! Thanks guys

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Gald to see you at Cyb's again. - zx2loon You've earned this one! - Big Mizz 

Your welcome, this was one of the first ZX2 mods anyone did, back in 1998

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I did the keman intake mod and love the sound my Z has now, it was pretty easy to and cost about $7 and i used some black rtv sealant on the pvc pipe

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I did the full keman today, and a suggestion to anyone doing it: use a 4" to 3" Clay to PVC drain adapter. Then use flexible 3" dryer hose, it will go right through the hole in the fender, and the smooth round part at the end fits snugly into the drain pipe adapter.. I then used duct tape to seal off the dryer hose from the engine bay. I didnt use sealant on the drain pipe adapter to the air filter box, its pre-MAF so I didnt see the point. The hose clamp on the adapter seems to hold it on tight.
    2000 ZX2 MTX. Kemanized intake. Ebay strut tower brace. CWQ3 S/R ECU. 19mm rear sway bar. Meh.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Man can't believe this old thread still as useful it is today in 2017! Thank you for the awesome tutorial and I finally pulled the trigger and did this. Best decision ever.

Thread Information