Thread: Ebay cai

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Default Ebay cai

Has anyone bought the 3" cold air intake on ebay?Is it worth it?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    for the superman of the zx2 savers - daggit2005 Henry Ford < Dareall - SR2000 For the entertaining builds...constantly :-) - CJW For being a great member and friend to many. - CJW you sir are awarded the medal of awsome - daggit2005 
    Scammer Slaughering Medal of Honor - Hardline this is for the candy ive got from you with my purchases the past few years. - blue99fordzx2 For moving/locking my post when asked :) - blue99fordzx2 Thx for helping me get my car put back together. - X-Lr8 It's lunch time here. lolz - rascal 
    For dealing with dumbass n00bs. - RASCAL How much for the trim piece? LOL - RASCAL Absolute hero. I cannot imagine how helpful and kind a person Dareall is.  THANK YOU. - SoCalZx2Rob For doing my part out and finally getting the parts sold.  I owe it all to you.  Thanks Dareall.  I'll never forget it.  Thank god it's finally done.  XD - SoCalZx2Rob 

there are many threads about this same question. Some say they are okay, other say they are crap. The only person who knows if it is worth is would be you. What do you want it to do? Do you want to look like a baller when you open your hood? or, do you want to look like a baller smoking people on the street with new found performance?
    The one aspect that makes most any intake worth it is when it comes to sound. The sound of an intake as compared to stock is nice and is noticable the first time you hit the throttle.
    We're gonna ride the race cars
    We're gonna dance on fire

Best sale thread ever !!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    fake money for the points - zxtwou2 
    Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - gunman_sr5 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gunman_sr5 

for the basic I was running it worked out great. I am about to be doing some more intense work so I have an MMI on the way. My mileage increased and the but dyno was happy so the ebay intake isn't so bad.
    98 Black MTX (no options) retired at 339k miles. Kamikaze header,Fidanza flywheel,

02 black MTX (loaded) 141k miles. MMI intake, LXQ1, progress springs/SR struts, Otter strut bar, Powder UDP, 19mm RSB

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by gunman_sr5 View Post
    for the basic I was running it worked out great. I am about to be doing some more intense work so I have an MMI on the way. My mileage increased and the but dyno was happy so the ebay intake isn't so bad.
    thanks guys for the info

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Thought you could use a gift! :D - JessicaOfVA Cool refreshing Pepsi! Drink up! - Beodude123 For being the biggest conservative moron on this site! - Mizzou02RS Merry Christmas! - 2000zx2chik 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - EmoRebellion 

Quote Originally Posted by dareall View Post
    there are many threads about this same question. Some say they are okay, other say they are crap. The only person who knows if it is worth is would be you. What do you want it to do? Do you want to look like a baller when you open your hood? or, do you want to look like a baller smoking people on the street with new found performance?
    The one aspect that makes most any intake worth it is when it comes to sound. The sound of an intake as compared to stock is nice and is noticable the first time you hit the throttle.
    Even a Kemanized intake sounds SO much better immediately.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

What is the big deal about the 90 degree bend? I definitely see a nice sound when on the throttle but will I gain more power if I just put my pod filter right on my MAF?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by ZX2Hero View Post
    What is the big deal about the 90 degree bend? I definitely see a nice sound when on the throttle but will I gain more power if I just put my pod filter right on my MAF?
    You want to have a little length of pipe between your filter and your MAF. At least 6". The length of pipe will give the incoming air time to straighten out and not be turbulent like it is when it first comes off the air filter.

John

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Hi, this is my first post to the forum so I am excited to start tuning on my zx2! I am looking at some different intake set ups on ebay and I found this post looking for more info. Looking at the different intakes ebay has to offer there are a wide range and the descriptions are not very helpful. I am currently running a bone stock car that I only intend to go as far as upgrading the exhaust and maybe a few other minor modifications. I am wanting to find a good intake that will work with my car and actually include everything that is required to hook up the same as factory and not cause a check engine light. Does anyone have any specific experience with these intakes and how they work with a fairly stock car?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    for the superman of the zx2 savers - daggit2005 Henry Ford < Dareall - SR2000 For the entertaining builds...constantly :-) - CJW For being a great member and friend to many. - CJW you sir are awarded the medal of awsome - daggit2005 
    Scammer Slaughering Medal of Honor - Hardline this is for the candy ive got from you with my purchases the past few years. - blue99fordzx2 For moving/locking my post when asked :) - blue99fordzx2 Thx for helping me get my car put back together. - X-Lr8 It's lunch time here. lolz - rascal 
    For dealing with dumbass n00bs. - RASCAL How much for the trim piece? LOL - RASCAL Absolute hero. I cannot imagine how helpful and kind a person Dareall is.  THANK YOU. - SoCalZx2Rob For doing my part out and finally getting the parts sold.  I owe it all to you.  Thanks Dareall.  I'll never forget it.  Thank god it's finally done.  XD - SoCalZx2Rob 

factory parts fits as factory parts should. They also work like a factory part should. For this reason if you want one without any issues and was designed specifically for the car get yourself an iceman intake as was installed onto the 2000 s/r

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by Deltaroadsjohnny View Post
    Hi, this is my first post to the forum so I am excited to start tuning on my zx2! I am looking at some different intake set ups on ebay and I found this post looking for more info. Looking at the different intakes ebay has to offer there are a wide range and the descriptions are not very helpful. I am currently running a bone stock car that I only intend to go as far as upgrading the exhaust and maybe a few other minor modifications. I am wanting to find a good intake that will work with my car and actually include everything that is required to hook up the same as factory and not cause a check engine light. Does anyone have any specific experience with these intakes and how they work with a fairly stock car?
    I suggest you go with the original factory intake by Iceman/Roush that came off of the S/R model. There was a comparison done on some of the more popular Flea Bay models and the Iceman won out performance wise over almost all of them. Dareall probably has a few laying around. They come up for sale on here every once in a while. S/R computer would be a nice little addition too. S/R computer will only work with MTX.

John

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to start my hunt for the Iceman today. My car has the MTX so I think it would be fun to throw in the S/R computer. I love the little car and can't wait to see what this will do for it.

Thread Information