Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Common ZX2 Problems. Read this before you post.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by charles henry View Post
    yea i just bought a 2000 zx2 drove for six mounts with motor shaking at red lights keeps getting worse but now trany started sliping and jerking then it would shift fine and now it does not move at all smoke comes out of trany dipstick

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

You should probably add that the differential is made of glass and that you will eventually shatter it if you try to burn out.

TWM Short Throw, HID's, yeah, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Nothing sounds better than getting raped by most of the active members on here.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I got that same P0171 code a few months back. The air intake rubs on the fuel sensor, and it frayed the wires really bad. I bought the new connection and spliced the wires together and put some covering on it so it wouldn't rub any more. The check engine light went off and has stayed off, but the car still runs rough and a little hesitant in acceleration. My mechanic said that my computer just needs to be reset due to the check engine light being on. Is that true? If the light isn't on, does it still need to be reset?
    '03 Shadow Grey MTX: 2.5" Custom Exhaust, Keman Intake w/ K&M Filter, PNP TB, Knocker Mod, VC Breather, Esslinger UDP, MSD Coil, FR Spark Plug Wires, LXQ1, OttoR FSB, 21mm RSB, S/R Struts, Eibach Springs, HID's on headlights and fogs

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon Me wubbz joo too!! - zx2loon Congrats bro!! - rascal get 'em done - GoT MiLF? Unicorn hood ornament! lol - rascal 
    Thanks for the rubber superman! wait... - Gitt24_84 For those rare times when you don't have sand in the vag... - Big Mizz 

Wouldn't hurt, but I'd check for vac leaks.

Posted via Mobile Device

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Sorry i couldnt find a moonshine icon. - MrWeeyums Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon just be'kuz - blue99fordzx2 Always there to keep it real. :) - Big Mizz 

Wires on the Fuel connection rubbing/shorting will cause misfire codes, not a lean code..

Lean code will happen when the PCM can't trim out the lean condition. Vac leaks (unmetered air being introduced after the MAF sensor), exhaust leaks, etc will cause it. Vac leaks are the most common, but I had one causes by the exhaust header header to block gasket and header to downpipe/cat gasket leaking. It was drawing in outside air on the exhaust side, but before the HO2 sensor, causing it to read lean..

2006 Black Cherry Mica MazdaSpeed 6 - ZooM ZooM Bishes!
    2003 SVT ZX5 Focus - The Grocery-Getter Go-Kart
    1998 The POS DEFECTIVE ZX2 - Now with moar ENGINE FIRE!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Hello everyone I am a noob on this forum. I could use a little help. I have a 98 zx2 MTX without A/C. Just put in an HXG3 S/R PCM. After it was warmed up I restarted it and got a P0340 code. Cam position problem. Can someone tell me if it's because I did not upgrade the CCRM to a newer one ? Thanks in advance.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    for the superman of the zx2 savers - daggit2005 Henry Ford < Dareall - SR2000 For the entertaining builds...constantly :-) - CJW For being a great member and friend to many. - CJW you sir are awarded the medal of awsome - daggit2005 
    Scammer Slaughering Medal of Honor - Hardline this is for the candy ive got from you with my purchases the past few years. - blue99fordzx2 For moving/locking my post when asked :) - blue99fordzx2 Thx for helping me get my car put back together. - X-Lr8 It's lunch time here. lolz - rascal 
    For dealing with dumbass n00bs. - RASCAL How much for the trim piece? LOL - RASCAL Absolute hero. I cannot imagine how helpful and kind a person Dareall is.  THANK YOU. - SoCalZx2Rob For doing my part out and finally getting the parts sold.  I owe it all to you.  Thanks Dareall.  I'll never forget it.  Thank god it's finally done.  XD - SoCalZx2Rob 

^^your car is not intended to use an xhg3. The ECU you bought off ebay for 125 was a good price, but the seller did not mention that it is only intended for late 99 - 03 ZX2s with MTX transmission. The only way to make this work in your car is to do a complete 6-wire MAF swap.

ps post pics and info about your car when you have a chance
    We're gonna ride the race cars
    We're gonna dance on fire

Best sale thread ever !!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Thanks for the fast reply. I went to the junkyard yesterday and got the 6-wire MAF off an 03 zx2. I wish the car had been a MTX cause I woould have bought the CCRM also. I did do some research and got mixed opinions. Some said if it did not have A/C it would work with the 4-wire MAF. Some said all you had to do was put an updated CCRM and it would work with the 4-wire MAF and someone said everything had to be swapped with the newer 6-wire configuration. Someone even sugessted that the 4-wire MAF was better do to the fact that the IAT sensor was separate thus making it more accurate. Thanks again.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    for the superman of the zx2 savers - daggit2005 Henry Ford < Dareall - SR2000 For the entertaining builds...constantly :-) - CJW For being a great member and friend to many. - CJW you sir are awarded the medal of awsome - daggit2005 
    Scammer Slaughering Medal of Honor - Hardline this is for the candy ive got from you with my purchases the past few years. - blue99fordzx2 For moving/locking my post when asked :) - blue99fordzx2 Thx for helping me get my car put back together. - X-Lr8 It's lunch time here. lolz - rascal 
    For dealing with dumbass n00bs. - RASCAL How much for the trim piece? LOL - RASCAL Absolute hero. I cannot imagine how helpful and kind a person Dareall is.  THANK YOU. - SoCalZx2Rob For doing my part out and finally getting the parts sold.  I owe it all to you.  Thanks Dareall.  I'll never forget it.  Thank god it's finally done.  XD - SoCalZx2Rob 

the CCRM is the same for an ATX and MTX applications. The difference is in the 4-wire and 6-wire MAF. Be prepared to go back to the yard and get the CCRM and possibly some other parts like the wire off the MAF.

There is a write up on here about the conversion. Look around in the tech section and you should find it. Do this before you end up having to make endless trips to the yard.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Thanks for the info you have been very helpful. I did manage to take the plug for the MAF. I did not know that the CCRM was the same as an auto. When I researched it said it had to be from a 2000 zx2 with MTX and it even included the part # F8CF-12B577-BC.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Goes with your desk. - capitalcrew From me to you buddy - Gunslinger I figured youd like this. A dil. - rusty what what.  In the butt - CJW Congrats on the car!!!!! - random_hero 
    just keeping the trend going - Alwayssideways Because I'm original... - Gitt24_84 You got so many I thought you would like another - SR2000 another to add to your collection - blue99fordzx2 limp - GoT MiLF? 
    In memory of zx2 - Ant98mtx 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - SeRiousZX2 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MrWeeyums 

Nope, it can be from auto or manual when it comes to the CCRM.

Good luck man!

Is the front bumper on the 03 still in tact?
    Je Pistons, Crower Rods, FC Mains, Clevite Bearings, ARP hardware, JohnP head, SVT HG, 71 lb injectors, Crower titanium springs and retainers, OBX fuel rail, Aeromotive FPR, FRIM, Crown Vic TB, Wings West, Ground Controls, S/r Tokico, Tial 38mm wastegate, Precision Turbo, 3" DP, P/S/ A/C delete, Tial Q BOV, XCal3, 80mm MAF, Spec Stage 5, MFactory LSD, Motegi Tracklites, 3" Trubendz

Parts: 22,000+
    Labor: 3+ years
    326whp/296wtq

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

The 03 zx2 was in a bad front end accident. Front clip was gone and the bumper was pushed into the radiator. Sucks cause the rest of the car was mint. I think it had 85,000 miles on it. As for my conversion to S/R PCM it may have to be put on hold until I get all the parts and info I need. I checked and my fan is running on start up. The thing I need to figure out is how I'm gonna make it work when I have the A/C Delete. Diagram says to wire into the high pressure side of the A/C sensor which is not there. Maybe it can be ran as a dummy sensor to get fans working right. Car was pretty fast anyway with the stock PPD7 PCM.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

What's up I'm a noob.... the weirdest thing happens ok when I plug up my MAF sensor my car cuts off but when I unplug it ma car stay on but idles weird... I dnt know what's up?????????
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited by sTrEET aDDicT09; 11-02-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Thanks for the how to video - texzetec A toast to Ron Paul :D - powder To you and your family bud. - RASCAL 

Have you tried starting it with the MAF plugged in? If it won't run with the MAF plugged in, then the MAF is bad.

You are about 3 hours away from me, but I have a MAF you can test it with if you wanted to make the drive.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Well yea my MAF is bad and I work all week n gotta date Sunday so would nxt Monday be cool?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thread Information