Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here a railfan?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    The little blue pill - CJW buzzzzzzzz - CJW Figuring out how this shit works... - zx2loon does not go buzzz - texzetec VIBRATORZ - Chuck Norris 
    a gift from "the offical cook" - GoT MiLF? Cause i know u want my wiener. - MrWeeyums For being the flame around the fire......hehe - zx2loon You're supercool my friend! - JenzZx2 alaskan amber for you - zxtwou2 
    Why!? - Beodude123 Merry Christmas!!! - 2000zx2chik There is a penis inside - 00zx2s/r buzzzzzzzzzz - 00zx2s/r @========8 - CJW 
    No Message - CJW Thanks for letting me stay at the crib - Alwayssideways 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - CJW Gay and Lesbian Pride - 00zx2s/r zx2Gay19  and Lesbian Pride - Alwayssideways 

Steamtown is a seriously cool place and not that far of a drive man. I've been there twice.
    ~Lil EZ.

[06-05, 04:19] AtlanticblueZX2 [05-05, 23:15] corby_pants i have a labret through my dickhole
    [06-05, 04:19] AtlanticblueZX2 corby has a labret through his mouth?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon Me wubbz joo too!! - zx2loon Congrats bro!! - rascal get 'em done - GoT MiLF? Unicorn hood ornament! lol - rascal 
    Thanks for the rubber superman! wait... - Gitt24_84 For those rare times when you don't have sand in the vag... - Big Mizz 

There's a huge transfer station down the road like 5 minutes. If you're here for Brad's meet, I could run ya over there. I remember living in a house that was an old train station in Gulfport, MS when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. The ticket booth was converted to the bathroom. Trains used to go by all day/everyday. I was fascinated with flattened pennies! lol
    2000 Black S/R (RIP), Iceman/CF hood/PnP ATX TB/K&N/MSD/PowderUDP-ODP/Esslinger cam gears/PS STS/SPI MTX/Fidanza/Stage2/Kamikaze/2.25"cat-less/Magnaflow/SCT(Pwned by Vit)/STB/21mmRSB/KYB/GC/Drag DR23
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowness65 View Post
    EXACTLY At night we could chant and sing in a circle around Doug's S/R and any others that may be there and burn a Cavalier as an offering to them
    Quote Originally Posted by Gitt24_84 View Post
    Nevermind, I'm fucking retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillinZX View Post
    If you're talking about the slave cylinder "cock", you can play with that thing all day long and it will not get stiff.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    christmas cookie! - 2000zx2chik Your favorite flavor! - The_underclassman 

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeEcksTwo View Post
    I did shoot in raw mode when I went to the Reading Company Transportation & Historical Society, but the files aren't viewable in windows for some odd reason, even after dl'ing the Nikon PictureProject. I can only open them in that program. The size was a tad large anyway.

Thanks for the comments guys.
    Hmm. The files are saves .nef right? If you open adobe bridge and browse to the correct folder, you open them in camera raw. Thats if you have photoshop though. Which I highly suggest you get

| RobZervos.com | My deviantART | MySpace
    Contact me if you would like to shoot some pics of your ride

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    A slushy for Christmas - 2000zx2chik 

Three pics I snapped of 2-10-0 #90 on sunday, pulling the 2:00pm train from Strasburg to Leaman Place Junction & return.

At Cherry Hill Road crossing, just leaving Groff's Grove....

After returning to Strasburg & decoupled from the coaches, just starting to reverse....

Going tender-first past J Tower [formerly Lemo Tower in Lemoyne, PA], then stopping at the water tower to fill the tender....

Now that 90 is running again, I'll have to ride the SRR again soon. Their typical weekend train consists of 9 coaches [6 regular cars, 2 diner cars & 1 open car].
    Last edited by ZeeEcksTwo; 10-14-2014 at 05:04 AM.

2001 Ford ZX2 (5MT) Silver Frost
    2014 Honda Accord EX (CVT) Hematite Metallic
    2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser (5AT) Titanium Metallic (the wife's)

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    thanks for all the info PnP'ing the head - DaviDawg A slice for the man - CJW For being the go to guy on PnP. - rascal 

Nice to live close to the museum , been there a few times . Need to get some fall and winter pic's . They still have the M1 along the street ? I found some of my old pic's , most are slides , I'll have to copy them to post . Have a lot of GG-1's from my brother-in-law , rode the rail from MD. to DC everyday for yrs.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

They have an island by 741 with four steamers on it.

These 2 face Strasburg....

These two face Gap....

And then there's another one behind them in the main outdoor display....

The first locomotives you see by 741 are the 2 Reading Company FP7s [902 & 903] and Old Rivets. The RDG FPs are supposedly only staying for roughly a year. Where they were stored last, someone stole the horns off of both of them, so the RRMofPA is a safe haven for them. Another pair of horns are ready for installation, however they won't be installed unless the trains are going to leave for an excursion.
    Last edited by ZeeEcksTwo; 10-14-2014 at 05:05 AM.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Gald to see you at Cyb's again. - zx2loon You've earned this one! - Big Mizz 

I Haven't been to strasburg in a long time, used to go every year (at least once a year). Nice photos!!!!!

Not to side track (pun intended) your thread, but anyone else into Model Railroading?

I have some HO guage and "O" guage trains. (some are Lionel)
    My car is a collectable according to PennDOT

My car has had two owners: Ford Motor Company and Me.

http://www.degettlehobbyllc.com

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

How did I miss this thread?!?!?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    thanks for all the info PnP'ing the head - DaviDawg A slice for the man - CJW For being the go to guy on PnP. - rascal 

I've been model railroading since the 50's , had many layout's . The hobby got so bad I opened a train shop in '80 , sold it in '91 , retired from Ford and moved to Florida . I have ton's of HO rolling stock and engines new in the box , mostly Pennsy , DPM buildings if anybody need's some. I still build Bowser and MDC engines , super detailed .

A little FYI on the steamers .

460 4-4-2 E6s Atlantic 1914
    520 2-8-2 L1s Mikado 1916
    3750 4-6-2 K4s Pacific 1920
    6755 4-8-2 M1a Mountain 1926
    7688 2-8-0 H10s Consolidation 1915

Pic's are excellent , I have some of 460 and 4800 inside ,looks like they put them outside to weather.
    Last edited by JohnP; 04-21-2009 at 07:26 PM.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I, too, am into model railroading [HO scale]. Most of what I had was either damaged or sold off at a yard sale; all I have left is a Red/Silver/Yellow Accent Line Santa Fe F7 with a boxcar, low sided coalcar & a caboose, along with some track. I used to have Bachmann Amtrak FP40PH #231, an earlier Bachmann Santa Fe FP7, a Rock Island GP30 and a 4 piece [1 powered, 3 non-powered] Amtrak Metroliner train set, the first set I ever had. This is exactly how my set looked....

My dad has a Bachmann Reading Lines GP30 #5513, a locomotive which pulled many a train we rode at the [no longer running] Blue Mountain & Reading RR. I'd love to get my own, but #5513 seems very difficult to come by; I mostly see #5514 & #5516.

My uncle is the owner of Conestoga Hobbies, a small predominantly Lionel shop outside of Leola, PA; actually, within a 1/4 mile of NS' New Holland Branch. He does carry some HO stuff, but not much. I really should get back out there & see what he's got; he's in the Lionel Registry as well.

John, if you have any NIB or very good condition HO scale PRR GG1s that you'd be willing to sell, please PM me.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by transatlanticism View Post
    How did I miss this thread?!?!?
    Now that you're here, what do you think?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    works well with strippers ;) - GoT MiLF? For all the long nights we had together...babe - krux To go with that Apple Honey Butter - 2000zx2chik For having the coolest swap in town. - Beodude123 ho ho ho, merry x-mas! - 2000zx2chik 

Ill have to go out to my dads house one of these days and dig out my boxes of HO and N trains. Used to model railroad with my grandpa when i was young but havent touched them since he died in 1991.
    ~Ryan

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Here's some pic's of GG-1 4800 when it was just restored and on display inside . They had just brought in GG-1 4935 off the mainline in Paradise . 7688 was freshly restored on display inside , notice the outer cover is on , later outside it's off and the stay bolts are showing and the sand dome is missing . It's a shame they set them out side in the open to weather after all the work put into them .These pic's were taken in July '83 , I have ton's of pic's , I just have to scan 99.9% of them .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JohnP; 04-23-2009 at 01:17 PM.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I took a few pic's of where I do my building . The PT Boat is a 30" model I've been working on for almost a year , keep adding things , never get done.

The two of the four engines are made from die cast kit's the PA back left and the 2-10-0 front right. Left front 2-8-8-2 and E8 right rear are plastic ready to run that have been striped and modified , repainted/lettered

The tenders are all Pennsy prototypes , modified and detailed with extra piece's . One engine is in the construction stage , uses custom boiler and custom cast piece's .

The GG-1's I have to find , I think two are repainted/lettered and about 6 are stripped ready to be redone . The shell's are really nice , but the drive truck in them suck . Most will re-motor them so they run/pull good , look awesome repainted/lettered and super detailed .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JohnP; 04-23-2009 at 01:56 PM.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    just cause your sooooo cool - Gunslinger Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon enjoy the sandwich! - carbonzx2 

anyone know much about the norfolk and western 611? I have a old model at home, h0 scale i think(it's been a loooong time since i messed w/ it)
    http://www.classiclights.org/steam/6...-2-640-txt.jpg
    Last edited by mellowness65; 04-23-2009 at 03:21 PM.
    My Worklogs
    The Blue Car -ported, polished, cammed
    2000 ZX2 S/R -stockish

Thread Information