Thread: Headliner fabric coming loose!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Default Headliner fabric coming loose!

Any good ideas on how to repair a loose fabric from the headliner? - The back, driver's side is coming loose and is flapping in the breeze when the window is open. Thought about some spray adhesive, but I only need a small amount. The can is way too large for what I need.

Car is nearly eleven years old, and seems to be literally falling apart slowly.

If I really cared about our customers I would have sent them somewhere better.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - G3ck0 

arr u saying thr back near the rear window like there is no plastic trim around or should be around where it is coming loose? i would try some fast acting contact cement around the inside edges .. fast acting so u dont have to sit there holding it like an idiot.. ive repaired a few.. and had to replace one.. which was a bitch..
    Posted via Mobile Device

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    for the superman of the zx2 savers - daggit2005 Henry Ford < Dareall - SR2000 For the entertaining builds...constantly :-) - CJW For being a great member and friend to many. - CJW you sir are awarded the medal of awsome - daggit2005 
    Scammer Slaughering Medal of Honor - Hardline this is for the candy ive got from you with my purchases the past few years. - blue99fordzx2 For moving/locking my post when asked :) - blue99fordzx2 Thx for helping me get my car put back together. - X-Lr8 It's lunch time here. lolz - rascal 
    For dealing with dumbass n00bs. - RASCAL How much for the trim piece? LOL - RASCAL 

now is the time to replace the material with something better if you can. If not, it is easier to remove the headliner, then fix it. If you use spray adhesive, cover everything to avoid fallout getting everywhere.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

dont use regular spray glue you will be disapointed in the heat it will seperate (i say this because it has happend to me). with ones that ive done ive always used a product called helmiprene you can get it at a fabric shop or a fiberglass/composites shop

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Just because...lulz - rascal 

Quote Originally Posted by RoLleRKoaSTeR View Post
    Any good ideas on how to repair a loose fabric from the headliner? - The back, driver's side is coming loose and is flapping in the breeze when the window is open. Thought about some spray adhesive, but I only need a small amount. The can is way too large for what I need.

Car is nearly eleven years old, and seems to be literally falling apart slowly.
    The repair method mainly matters on what part is coming undone. if it's the edge in the back like mentioned above, you can pop off the plastic around the glass/headliner, use a little bit of headliner spray adhesive, and pull snug. Tape it in place for a few hours longer then the product calls for for it to dry. Then reinstall the plastic and go on. if it's in the middle of the back, you're going to want to replace it...$100 was more then enough to replace mine.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon here is your beer i owe you buddy :) - daggit2005 

Quote Originally Posted by swedevil View Post
    The repair method mainly matters on what part is coming undone. if it's the edge in the back like mentioned above, you can pop off the plastic around the glass/headliner, use a little bit of headliner spray adhesive, and pull snug. Tape it in place for a few hours longer then the product calls for for it to dry. Then reinstall the plastic and go on. if it's in the middle of the back, you're going to want to replace it...$100 was more then enough to replace mine.
    wow.. i completely redid my friends for less than 25 bucks.. new foam backed material and spray .. and had enough left over to do another one for a reg cab truck....

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by tre2000zx2 View Post
    wow.. i completely redid my friends for less than 25 bucks.. new foam backed material and spray .. and had enough left over to do another one for a reg cab truck....
    I had mine done with Marine Vinyl to match the car.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon here is your beer i owe you buddy :) - daggit2005 

aight... makes more sense .. thought 100 was CRAZY

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

found something better - fabric glue. Mom had some in her sewing room desk. Great stuff. Had to remember about that after using to repair my rosin bag I use for bowling. Great for sealing seams.

Looks like elmer's glue, dries clear.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by RoLleRKoaSTeR View Post
    found something better - fabric glue. Mom had some in her sewing room desk. Great stuff. Had to remember about that after using to repair my rosin bag I use for bowling. Great for sealing seams.

Looks like elmer's glue, dries clear.
    What type of temps can it handle? if It's the same stuff my mom used to have, it WILL NOT hold up in a hot car.

Thread Information