Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil Pressure Gauge the easy way.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Default Oil Pressure Gauge the easy way.

This is my first write up so bear with me here.
    How to install a Oil Pressure Gauge the easy way.
    I own a atx so this is a little easier on my part.
    Their will be more pix on the way tomorrow.

Tools you will need:
    Oil pressure gauge with all the parts.
    12mm deep well socket.
    7mm socket.
    hex wrench set.
    Oil.
    Teflon tape

Step one:
    I located the hole in my fire wall where my clutch would go and took out the plate that sealed the hole in the firewall. take that out it takes a 12mm deep well socket to get it loose. one bolt is in the car and one is in the engine bay. just under the brake fluid bottle. or you can use the hole that the ecu uses. just need a longer hole.

Step Two.
    Remove your Coil Pack. thier are four 7mm bolts that i took out and removed it. and remove the coil wires from it. the order they get put back on is on the coil pack if you have a stock one.

Step Three:
    Remove the hex bolt that in right thier. i forget what size it is. (Note: thier will be oil coming out of it when you remove it. I recommend draining your oil and doing a oil change in this process.) Their is another hex bolt in a better spot but i could not get the darn thing out.

Step Four:Teflon tape your brass fitting. and screw into the hole ( i put a rag over the other end take took a pair of plyers and snugged it up. it does not leak) at this point screw the hose onto the brass fitting and route it to the gauge inside your car. i used the hole where my clutch would go so it was easy for me.

Step Five:
    With my coil pack off i took the time and got oil through the line by cranking the engine over a few short times. Then hooked it to the gauge. it did tell me to do that in the instructions.

Step Six:
    Hook your coil back up i had to put a couple of washers between the block and the coil bracket so the hose was not kinked. worked out very well.

Step Seven:
    I assume you put your gauge in the cubby it's suppost to be in so take it for a drive check for leaks and note mine reads anywhere from 18psi to 80 psi.

Enjoy
    Red 2000 ZX2 ATX: Knock Mod Keman's Intake mod and a borla exhaust

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    look what I found I can buy some more women pants - texzetec For making me laugh.  Sorry about your pokemon cards - TheCrazyGuy here's to help with your LIL problem... - 00zx2s/r Mmm Christmas Fruit Cake :D - 2000zx2chik they didn't have sweet tea sorry :) - JC'szx2 
    you were missing one of these in your collection of items - blue99fordzx2 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - CJW 

18 is a bit low

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

18 at idle is not low.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Goes with your desk. - capitalcrew From me to you buddy - Gunslinger I figured youd like this. A dil. - rusty what what.  In the butt - CJW Congrats on the car!!!!! - random_hero 
    just keeping the trend going - Alwayssideways Because I'm original... - Gitt24_84 You got so many I thought you would like another - SR2000 another to add to your collection - blue99fordzx2 limp - GoT MiLF? 
    In memory of zx2 - Ant98mtx 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - SeRiousZX2 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MrWeeyums 

Quote Originally Posted by corbygasm View Post
    18 is a bit low
    Crankwalk.
    Je Pistons, Crower Rods, FC Mains, Clevite Bearings, ARP hardware, JohnP head, SVT HG, 71 lb injectors, Crower titanium springs and retainers, OBX fuel rail, Aeromotive FPR, FRIM, Crown Vic TB, Wings West, Ground Controls, S/r Tokico, Tial 38mm wastegate, Precision Turbo, 3" DP, P/S/ A/C delete, Tial Q BOV, XCal3, 80mm MAF, Spec Stage 5, MFactory LSD, Motegi Tracklites, 3" Trubendz

Parts: 22,000+
    Labor: 3+ years
    326whp/296wtq

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

The install is very nicely done. However, personally I would not have a liquid line in the passenger compartment. Electric gauges are more expensive but safer.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    look what I found I can buy some more women pants - texzetec For making me laugh.  Sorry about your pokemon cards - TheCrazyGuy here's to help with your LIL problem... - 00zx2s/r Mmm Christmas Fruit Cake :D - 2000zx2chik they didn't have sweet tea sorry :) - JC'szx2 

Quote Originally Posted by iceracer View Post
    The install is very nicely done. However, personally I would not have a liquid line in the passenger compartment. Electric gauges are more expensive but safer.
    that install is not nicely done...you arnt suppose to kink a line like that.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

So Far my SC's adventure
    -Pickup
    -Interior parts

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Goes with your desk. - capitalcrew From me to you buddy - Gunslinger I figured youd like this. A dil. - rusty what what.  In the butt - CJW Congrats on the car!!!!! - random_hero 
    just keeping the trend going - Alwayssideways Because I'm original... - Gitt24_84 You got so many I thought you would like another - SR2000 another to add to your collection - blue99fordzx2 limp - GoT MiLF? 
    In memory of zx2 - Ant98mtx 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - SeRiousZX2 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MrWeeyums 

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowen925 View Post
    Jesus..seriously?

That is a fucking deal.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    To you as well :) - SoCalZX2 here ya go just checkin this out - pissdrunx16 What can I say, I love my Beer - 1981gMachine 

+1 for taking time to do this
    -1 for not having pics for everything. A few more pics with arrows pointing to what your talking about would make it better.

I get to spend my days at work restoring cars from the 1900-1960s
    Penn Dutch Restorations~ Album of my work- Build Version 2.0

carbonzx2 is offline My car maybe ATX, but atleast its turbo

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

nice write up. if you can, take some pics for step 3 and 4 just so everyone knows what you are talking about. repped
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mizz View Post
    Um, I am surprised that no one has told this dumbfuck that adding downforce to the rear of a front wheel drive car is pretty fucking stupid.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

i forgot to charge the camera when i went out to do this install i will be getting more pics here soon. and the line is not kinked anymore. the coil pack is moved away from it now.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

that is a steal..
    Last edited by sunburst; 04-30-2010 at 04:41 PM.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Would its sensor screw right in to our head? How good is this one, Saw some for around $20 but were really cheap looking.
    Last edited by GreenDemonZX2; 04-30-2010 at 04:44 PM.
    99.5 MTX Green, VIT Tune Esslinger UDP, 4-2-1header and catback, FR ignition wires, 21mm RSB, CAI S/R struts/springs, ES bushing kit
    2000 Yellow SR, 21mm RSB, FR ignition wires

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by corbygasm View Post
    that install is not nicely done...you arnt suppose to kink a line like that.

In what pic do you see his oil line kinked?

-D

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by 99fordzx2 View Post
    In what pic do you see his oil line kinked?

-D

are you blind?

Thread Information