Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil Pressure Gauge the easy way.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

That gauges works well, Korndog is still rocking it and you don't have to worry about oil in the cab. I actually think it may be able to go into the block, but you wont have any room without moving/modifying the distributor cap as the sensor is pretty big.

So Far my SC's adventure
    -Pickup
    -Interior parts

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    look what I found I can buy some more women pants - texzetec For making me laugh.  Sorry about your pokemon cards - TheCrazyGuy here's to help with your LIL problem... - 00zx2s/r Mmm Christmas Fruit Cake :D - 2000zx2chik they didn't have sweet tea sorry :) - JC'szx2 
    you were missing one of these in your collection of items - blue99fordzx2 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - CJW 

if you want to keep the coil pack in the stock place, you will need to get a 90 degree elbow like so....

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    look what I found I can buy some more women pants - texzetec For making me laugh.  Sorry about your pokemon cards - TheCrazyGuy here's to help with your LIL problem... - 00zx2s/r Mmm Christmas Fruit Cake :D - 2000zx2chik they didn't have sweet tea sorry :) - JC'szx2 

if you want even cheaper...

http://www.streetunit.com/ProSport_A...waop270psi.htm

code: SUROCKS for another 5% off and free shipping.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Oh, ok I see it. lol Apparently I am blind. lol

-D

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    For all the good info - ZX2OO7 You're one of the most helpful guys on here. Thanks! - Beodude123 most helpful as usual - gamma500 No Message - Meta 

I love the pillar gauges.
    After a few days, your oil pressure gauge will be kinda useless. It will be the same over and over. If the engine breaks, you will know it anyway!
    An oil TEMPERATURE gauge is what is really needed, and maybe a vacuum gauge.
    As to the kink - it sure looks like one by the brass fitting by the coil bracket.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by mechtech View Post
    I love the pillar gauges.
    After a few days, your oil pressure gauge will be kinda useless. It will be the same over and over. If the engine breaks, you will know it anyway!
    An oil TEMPERATURE gauge is what is really needed, and maybe a vacuum gauge.
    As to the kink - it sure looks like one by the brass fitting by the coil bracket.
    not actually mech, if your bearings start to wear, you will notice a gradual decrease in oil pressure (good indicator to stop driving the car before its too late)

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    For all the good info - ZX2OO7 You're one of the most helpful guys on here. Thanks! - Beodude123 most helpful as usual - gamma500 No Message - Meta 

But bearings wear at an extremely slow rate. Maybe .001" over 100,000 miles, if that.
    The gauge is gonna read the same over and over and over again.

I actually like gauges. The more the better.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I'll probably have a few, pressure, temp etc.

Corby, did you add one of those elbows like the pics? Any place in partcular to pick up the hardware for it?
    99.5 MTX Green, VIT Tune Esslinger UDP, 4-2-1header and catback, FR ignition wires, 21mm RSB, CAI S/R struts/springs, ES bushing kit
    2000 Yellow SR, 21mm RSB, FR ignition wires

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Thanks for the how to video - texzetec A toast to Ron Paul :D - powder To you and your family bud. - RASCAL 

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowen925 View Post
    That gauges works well, Korndog is still rocking it and you don't have to worry about oil in the cab. I actually think it may be able to go into the block, but you wont have any room without moving/modifying the distributor cap as the sensor is pretty big.
    Why wouldn't you need to worry about oil in the cab? If that thin plastic shit breaks, oil will certainly get in the cab. This is the same plastic shit that comes with boost gauges. After 3 years my boost gauge stopped working, because that plastic line broke off. I used rubber in place of it. The only real 'safe' way I think is to use copper tube instead of that plastic tube.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Get an electric gauge.

Thread Information