Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Svt focus fuel pump install

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Put this in sideways!! Ouch! - Beodude123 thanks - outkastrooster mmmmm sausage!!!! lol - Zach :( sorry to hear that you no longer can get it up on your own. We are praying for ya - Zach 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Diesel World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TracerZX2 

Ive been trying to think of a good way to explain it. Brad I know what you said has merit and some truth it. I understand this is normally a hot topic on other forums. The way I have seen it. If you put a bigger higher flowing pump. The computer will send the same voltage signals as a stock pump. The injector pulse stays the same. Now if you send a voltage to a stock pump to keep a certain psi. Now the computer will assume that the pressure will remain constant and only adjust pulse width. Now if you send that same voltage to an upgraded pump it is seeing the same voltage as the stock but pushing harder thus meaning more psi in the line. If you have the same pulse as stock your going to get more spray. The injector stays open the same but more psi behind it will allow more gas to enter. At least this my belief

2000 Yellow S/R- , FZ racing header,Full ES kit, tinted tails, pnp intake mani, pnp tb, Focus armrest, 03 Radio dash kit, LED swap in gauges, Recessbilly's Yellow stitched ebrake boot and shift boot, Zxtuner CF hood, CF cowl, Progress STB, Fez PC'ed 98 vc with SPC, ES mounts, Mfactory LSD, sedan 5th gear, Fidanza LW Flywheel,R1 Cross drilled and slotted rotors, PC'ed Front and rear hubs, PC'ed Front and rear calipers, PC'ed trans mount, Cougar door switch conversion, Rota 16" grids, corksport shifter bearings

On its way or stored in my garage
    03 front bumper conversion, ww kit,
    03 Explorer Sport Trac XLT

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Enjoy - 1981gMachine Cheers! - recessbilly this is for selling sr - dareall 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - pissdrunx16 

So this (black and red wires) is the harness you have to splice? And you just splice it into the lid main connector.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Put this in sideways!! Ouch! - Beodude123 thanks - outkastrooster mmmmm sausage!!!! lol - Zach :( sorry to hear that you no longer can get it up on your own. We are praying for ya - Zach 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Diesel World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TracerZX2 

i spliced into the red and black wires

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - pissdrunx16 

Which harness is different? The red and black going into the pump? Or the main connector on the lid?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Have a beer and some booost - Alwayssideways werd - Alwayssideways 

Quote Originally Posted by Alwayssideways View Post
    i spliced into the red and black wires
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by pissdrunx16 View Post
    Which harness is different? The red and black going into the pump? Or the main connector on the lid?
    Our pump has a different connector, so you just splice the SVT connector into our wiring.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I know this I am just asking where the splice is to which connector aaaauugggggg

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by pissdrunx16 View Post
    I know this I am just asking where the splice is to which connector aaaauugggggg
    Cut about 6" out from the SVT fuel pump black and red wires and splice them into our connector.
    Quote Originally Posted by zx2loon
    You might be a redneck if.....your front end is in your ass end.
    ...............____............
    .......___//___\_\___.....
    ...../_(o)______(o),-'.....
    '03 Roush-inspired MTX - Garrett T25 - JBA manifold - Turbosmart Ultragate @7psi - Roush intercooler - 2.5" downpipe - 3" exhaust - Johnp mani - Powder UDP - Esslinger timing sprockets - 42lb injectors - Energy Suspension Hyperflex kit- Ground Control/SR - Pony rack - 21mm RSB - Tie bars F/R - Hawk pads - B&M/Corksport 3rd link/SR knob - SR cluster - Charcoal armrest - Leather - black housing headlights

'91 EGT MTX - '03 ZX2 seats - 3" intake - Corksport 3rd link - TWM shifter - D2 coilovers - Energy Suspension Hyperflex - Exhaust/Intake cam swap - Pacesetter header - K/U hybrid VAF - 10lb flywheel - 225mm multifriction clutch - Hawk pads
    Have you repped someone helpful today?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

nice write up i might do this soon.
    00, mtx, b&m shortshifter, sparco boot and knob,zxtuner header,2.5 in borla exhaust,sr drop, knock mod,K&n intake,zxtuner adj cam gears,vct delete,full ac delete,lxq2 superchipped,es motor mounts. turbo soon!-TOTALLED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kurtcrosbie View Post
    I figure since the noise is affected by the ac being switched on and off, it must be the ac clutch or pulley. Is that not a good assumption? How would I determine which pulley it is if all of them spin normal?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dareall View Post
    you have a lot of miles on your car. Plus your car is over 13 years old. Realistically you are probably due for the clutch replacement on your compressor.

Sent from my laptop with me typing all my own shit

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Nice thanks for clearing that up

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Hey quick question,

if you fill your gas tank does the pump area leak like a little girl?
    DJ / Producer at0m ActivE
    www.at0m-active.com

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

it will if you dont seal it up

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    A beer for ya bro! - rascal Just cause. lol - rascal You passed! lolz - RASCAL 

^this. I need to replace my seal ring. Nice write up. I'm game for this.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Did you use anything special to seal it?

I just did my fuel pump and it leaks pretty bad on a full tank.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    A beer for ya bro! - rascal Just cause. lol - rascal You passed! lolz - RASCAL 

A new seal ring on a clean surface, I wouldn't reuse the ring

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Yeah I did that but I'm gunna have to redo it once my 255 comes in.

Thread Information