Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock ZX2, 16.0 at 85 mph.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - fusewerks 

We're supposed to shift at 6k, right? Doug told me that shifting at 6k drops back into the power band. Is this correct?
    "In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans..." Bill Clinton (USA Today, 11 March 1993, page 2A)

"Imagine a world in which one could jump through Grand Central Teleport in New York City, travel through a vortal tunnel in the time-space continuum, and emerge several seconds later at Union Teleport in Los Angeles. Such a world has been possible since 1968, when teleportation was first achieved by DARPA's Project Pegasus. When my quest, Project Pegasus, succeeds, such a world will emerge, and human beings linked globally via teleportation will proclaim the Time-Space Age has begun."

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Or is it at 5.5k?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Glad to see you at Cyb's again. - zx2loon 

Neither, 6,500+. To early drops you to low. Same launch rpm and shifting at redline instead of just over 6k shaved near .4 sec off between 3 runs.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Have a beer and some booost - Alwayssideways werd - Alwayssideways 

Mike, I said that shifting before 6k drops you lower than the powerband. I also said if you shift between 6500 & 7000 it will put you back where you want to be.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Thanks for the how to video - texzetec A toast to Ron Paul :D - powder To you and your family bud. - RASCAL 

The 15.8 and 15.9 run was done with a 2.3 60' and shifting at 7000 for each gear, do not shift to 4th. If i remember, I'll mount the camera in the car so you can see just how fast I'm shifting to pull this time in a stock ZX2. If I could get my turbo car to shift this fast I'll easily be in the mid 13's.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Thanks for the info. But what do you mean, don't shift into 4th?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Goes with your desk. - capitalcrew From me to you buddy - Gunslinger I figured youd like this. A dil. - rusty what what.  In the butt - CJW Congrats on the car!!!!! - random_hero 
    just keeping the trend going - Alwayssideways Because I'm original... - Gitt24_84 You got so many I thought you would like another - SR2000 another to add to your collection - blue99fordzx2 limp - GoT MiLF? 
    In memory of zx2 - Ant98mtx 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - SeRiousZX2 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MrWeeyums 

You should finish the run in 3rd gear.
    Je Pistons, Crower Rods, FC Mains, Clevite Bearings, ARP hardware, JohnP head, SVT HG, 71 lb injectors, Crower titanium springs and retainers, OBX fuel rail, Aeromotive FPR, FRIM, Crown Vic TB, Wings West, Ground Controls, S/r Tokico, Tial 38mm wastegate, Precision Turbo, 3" DP, P/S/ A/C delete, Tial Q BOV, XCal3, 80mm MAF, Spec Stage 5, MFactory LSD, Motegi Tracklites, 3" Trubendz

Parts: 22,000+
    Labor: 3+ years
    326whp/296wtq

Thread Information