Thread: Review of AllData / AllDataDIY...

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Default Review of AllData / AllDataDIY...

1 word: waste

I am doing my head gasket and am having trouble getting the power steering support bracket off because the whole engine is covered in oil from a bad valve cover and leaking power steering pump. My ford workshop manual did not have any information on the PS bracket so i figured i would give alldata a try. I used a coupon code to get a year for 14.95 and logged in. Registration was very easy and product worked instantly. The website is also very fast. However all the website seemed to be was a scan of my workshop manual. Some of the pictures were even blurry. I was expecting there to be videos, helpful notes SOMETHING for the average DIY mechanic to justify purchasing this thing. The only thing this has over my workshop manual are time estimates, albeit inaccurate ones. 6.6 hours to do a head gasket + .1 hours for AC? My ass. Maybe with all the right tools but not for a DIYer. Mitchel's and every shop i call says 8 hours minimum. The TSBs are nice to see but i can google those and not pay a subscription fee.

In summary:
    Do not pay $26 or more for a copy of a ford workshop manual that can be had on eBay for $26 for a "lifetime" of use.

Does anyone else have anything to say about alldata? I'm looking for positives to balance out my negatives because there MUST be something I'm missing. I have 10 days to get a refund but i'd rather keep it if it has anything to offer.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Default Alldata

In reply to your blog; i had the misfortune to choose "alldata" today on the internet-- what a mistake"" buyer beware !!!!! I made an honest mistake in ordering and email "alldata" immediately; i got an auto answer back asap. Two hours went buy and no more follow-up. At 3.58 pm i made my first call to them, talked to some guy- told him my problem; he was going to reconnect me to the proper person, i stayed on the line for 8 mins. And finally hunger up. Called back and got adury; told her my story (5 more recordings- saying basically don't bother us -send us an email.
    Adury was going to connect me to the correct person again-- 9 mins. My cell phone ran out of battery !!!
    I called back again (nancy) on my home phone !! 6 more recordings- basically "don't bother us-- send us an email and we'll get back to you when we want !!! Disconnected again.
    Nancy told me to choose option number 1 if i had to call back !!! Once more i was disconnected 4 more recording !!! Don't wait on line and bother us-- send us an email and we'll get back to you when we feel like it !!!
    I called back again (time now 4:58 pm) exactly 60 mins, and still have not talked to anyone who could help me out !!
    I got adury again --she didn't remember me -- i understand it was an hour ago that she first hung-up on me.
    I told her i didn't have any interest in my order anymore but want to speak to an owner or manger--- 4 more mins. On hold and some guys recording answered the phone and said he would get back to me when he had time!!
    I replied___ i don't want your catalog -- i don't want my money back and that he could stick both up his arss !!! And told them if they weren't the worst company in america they were in the top 5 !!!!
    I felt better !!!!

Buyer beware of "alldata"
    regards
    dana hickey

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Sorry i couldnt find a moonshine icon. - MrWeeyums Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon just be'kuz - blue99fordzx2 Always there to keep it real. :) - Big Mizz 

Quote Originally Posted by DANA HICKEY View Post
    In reply to your blog; i had the misfortune to choose "alldata" today on the internet-- what a mistake"" buyer beware !!!!! I made an honest mistake in ordering and email "alldata" immediately; i got an auto answer back asap. Two hours went buy and no more follow-up. At 3.58 pm i made my first call to them, talked to some guy- told him my problem; he was going to reconnect me to the proper person, i stayed on the line for 8 mins. And finally hunger up. Called back and got adury; told her my story (5 more recordings- saying basically don't bother us -send us an email.
    Adury was going to connect me to the correct person again-- 9 mins. My cell phone ran out of battery !!!
    I called back again (nancy) on my home phone !! 6 more recordings- basically "don't bother us-- send us an email and we'll get back to you when we want !!! Disconnected again.
    Nancy told me to choose option number 1 if i had to call back !!! Once more i was disconnected 4 more recording !!! Don't wait on line and bother us-- send us an email and we'll get back to you when we feel like it !!!
    I called back again (time now 4:58 pm) exactly 60 mins, and still have not talked to anyone who could help me out !!
    I got adury again --she didn't remember me -- i understand it was an hour ago that she first hung-up on me.
    I told her i didn't have any interest in my order anymore but want to speak to an owner or manger--- 4 more mins. On hold and some guys recording answered the phone and said he would get back to me when he had time!!
    I replied___ i don't want your catalog -- i don't want my money back and that he could stick both up his arss !!! And told them if they weren't the worst company in america they were in the top 5 !!!!
    I felt better !!!!

Buyer beware of "alldata"
    regards
    dana hickey
    How.. random?

Striker:

Alldata is a service directed towards, and targetted to, shops, plain and simple. If you have to invest in more than two or three shop manuals, it easily covers the cost.

If you don't need more than just the 'Scort manual, invest in a good one one and it won't fail you.

2006 Black Cherry Mica MazdaSpeed 6 - ZooM ZooM Bishes!
    2003 SVT ZX5 Focus - The Grocery-Getter Go-Kart
    1998 The POS DEFECTIVE ZX2 - Now with moar ENGINE FIRE!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Given the ladies some loven - CJW like yuh like a lollipop?  lol totally kidding just tryin out this new gift stuff - Waterboy9000 I told u i would buy u a drink (not for the boobs though) - scort2498 Just for you! - Mizzou02RS your super..............................hot  ;) - Spyke-Zee 
    What is it? What do you want it to be??? - silent_1999 For that lucky dude in your life.  lol - Gunslinger Mmm apple honey butter. - MrWeeyums Porkchop sandwiches!!! - MrWeeyums Cuz your the only sweety in my life - krux 
    jus cuz i can - blue_2001 Here you go. - Sk00t3r Cookie for you! - Buster Here's your medal...such poise in dealing with dolts. - Mizzou02RS for our mudwrestling website.... - Kerrie 
    I thought you might like this. - j0hnZ No Message - Sk00t3r I give you one of my popsicles :D - AtlanticblueZX2 you do get a gift from that special someone ;) - AtlanticblueZX2 Will you be my e-wife? - AtlanticblueZX2 
    Happy Birfday, girl! :) - Mizzou02RS Merry Christmas!! - Sk00t3r Happy Birthday!!!! - SeRiousZX2 Yay Merry Christmas - LunchBoxZX2 Some wines for hilidays - Zx2 Frost 
    Happy Birthday!!! - nike13857 merry christmas :) - SnowBoardinWNY for bringing all the boys to the yard - RedRacer99 Happy Birthday! - JenzZx2 MUSLIM HATERRRR - corby_baby 
    I love pie! - fusewerks for bringin all the boys to the yard. - AtlanticblueZX2 To the most badass chik on the site! - rascal Showing some luv to ya girl! - rascal For getting your house back from the tards!! - rascal 

Quote Originally Posted by Grommish View Post
    How.. random?

Striker:

Alldata is a service directed towards, and targetted to, shops, plain and simple. If you have to invest in more than two or three shop manuals, it easily covers the cost.

If you don't need more than just the 'Scort manual, invest in a good one one and it won't fail you.
    I thought it wasrandom also lol

And ya I've only really ever seen alldata used in shops

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    yum - Alwayssideways Keepin it light - blue99fordzx2 and a pizza to go with the lite beer - blue99fordzx2 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - blue99fordzx2 

I use alldata all the time. We also pay over $1000/yr for it. To cover all the auto's at the price of manuals would be crazy never mind the space to store them all. Also you get detailed OBD Diagnostic. Now I've never tried the 1 car alldata.
    I use alldata for estimates but in real life I always add 20% to the time. I never use them for part price estimates.
    Also they have a lot more wire diagrams and other part breakdown then the haynes manuals do.
    Oh and I love the search feature. I get wire connecter breakdown for doing complicated wiring repairs and such. When you work on a vehicle with a 100+ wire connectors and 1000s of wires being sure you are chasing the correct wire is important.

But it is Shop orientated and I can't do my job without it.
    Mods: all the bolt on and a little more

Thread Information