Thread: Energy Suspension shifter stablizer bushing install

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Put this in sideways!! Ouch! - Beodude123 thanks - outkastrooster mmmmm sausage!!!! lol - Zach :( sorry to hear that you no longer can get it up on your own. We are praying for ya - Zach 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Diesel World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TracerZX2 

Default Energy Suspension shifter stablizer bushing install

How to install the energy suspension shifter stablizer bushing

Things you need:

Jack
    jack stands
    14mm wrench or socket
    17mm socket
    c-clamp vise grip

1. Jack up and support the car with jack stands

2. Remove the cross member (4 17mm bolts)

3. Remove the stablizer stud on the transmission (14mm) if the nut starts to back off, you will need to find another nut and snug it up to the current nut and use it to back out the stud. You want to make sure the stud comes out, not the nut.

3. The bar will drop slightly giving you enough room to get the c-clamp in there to press out the bushing

4. clean out the bore

5. grease up new bushing and install . I used the c-clamp on both sides of the bore to make sure the bushing is seated.

6. Reinstall the bar and stud

7. Reinstall the cross member.

8. lower the car and go test it out

2000 Yellow S/R- , FZ racing header,Full ES kit, tinted tails, pnp intake mani, pnp tb, Focus armrest, 03 Radio dash kit, LED swap in gauges, Recessbilly's Yellow stitched ebrake boot and shift boot, Zxtuner CF hood, CF cowl, Progress STB, Fez PC'ed 98 vc with SPC, ES mounts, Mfactory LSD, sedan 5th gear, Fidanza LW Flywheel,R1 Cross drilled and slotted rotors, PC'ed Front and rear hubs, PC'ed Front and rear calipers, PC'ed trans mount, Cougar door switch conversion, Rota 16" grids, corksport shifter bearings

On its way or stored in my garage
    03 front bumper conversion, ww kit,
    03 Explorer Sport Trac XLT

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Yep, thats pie. - Meta 

could you list the part #, please. also, did you notice anything shifting-wise?
    Quote Originally Posted by zxtwou2 View Post
    Making bigger pipe as the exhaust flowd and cools makes eddy currents ehich is what mskes rasp.

Helping raise some cash for our long-timer ZX2Fast. Parts here: click me

06/2016-TurdBo Vj11
    04/2011 - present: 1999 black zx2 (mtx)
    05/2009 - 04/2011: 1999 black zx2 (atx)

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Put this in sideways!! Ouch! - Beodude123 thanks - outkastrooster mmmmm sausage!!!! lol - Zach :( sorry to hear that you no longer can get it up on your own. We are praying for ya - Zach 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Diesel World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TracerZX2 

I have it down in the garage.

It firmed up the shifts a little bit. All my bushings are in good shape. so I have no slop in the shifts

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon Me wubbz joo too!! - zx2loon Congrats bro!! - rascal get 'em done - GoT MiLF? Unicorn hood ornament! lol - rascal 
    Thanks for the rubber superman! wait... - Gitt24_84 For those rare times when you don't have sand in the vag... - Big Mizz 

Since my shifter cup is attached to the mount plate with bolts (rotted rubber), my ES shifter stabilizer is only there for moral support. Matter of fact, I might just remove the damn stabilzer bar completely.

Ideas?

Pros/cons?

Good write-up.

Alternatively, if you can't get the stud out, it's possible to drop the shifter, but that means removing the console and the 4 mount nuts under it.
    2000 Black S/R (RIP), Iceman/CF hood/PnP ATX TB/K&N/MSD/PowderUDP-ODP/Esslinger cam gears/PS STS/SPI MTX/Fidanza/Stage2/Kamikaze/2.25"cat-less/Magnaflow/SCT(Pwned by Vit)/STB/21mmRSB/KYB/GC/Drag DR23
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowness65 View Post
    EXACTLY At night we could chant and sing in a circle around Doug's S/R and any others that may be there and burn a Cavalier as an offering to them
    Quote Originally Posted by Gitt24_84 View Post
    Nevermind, I'm fucking retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillinZX View Post
    If you're talking about the slave cylinder "cock", you can play with that thing all day long and it will not get stiff.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Just because...lulz - rascal pretzel for you for driving the ACH twisties - dareall here's some light beer since everyone's too fat down here - Diesel here's some light beer since everyone's too fat down here - Diesel U needz for getting motor running again. - RASCAL 
    here's for not giving up on twilight when lesser men would have - dareall 

i did this a while back. but my 3rd link is now shot so the slop is back
    2000 ZX2 MTX "Plasti" the FIRST totally plasti-dipped ZX2!!! Now with crash damage and 5yo faded dip

Mods: All available bolt ons, custom VIT tune, Johnp style diy P&P with 10.2 compression head on the rebuilt factory motor
    99 S/R wheels with correct tires and spacers

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Just would like to point out that freezing your bushings beforehand for a week will help slide them in much more easily without the use of excess force

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

This bushing goes in without much brute force

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Glad to see you at Cyb's again. - zx2loon 

Just curious why you chose to remove the stud in the process... just for added clearance for the c-clamp?

I've dropped the stabilizer many times with just taking the nut off.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

i did this for 2 reasons.

1. because it came off that way. The nut backed off only so much but then the stud started coming out. lol

2. By removing the stud it takes force off the bar and you put less pressure on the 2 rubber grommets that are prone to breaking on the shifter housing.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

i was able to get my es bushing on there without taking off the whole bar, it did nothing for the play in my shift...

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Buddha you need to replace the bushings in the shifter itself to get rid of play.
    I think this stabilizer bushing is the cause of my buzzing while in gear, anyone know where I can get the whole car poly kit since zxtuner sucks anymore?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

just google zx2 es master kit
    99 zx2- sold
    03 zx2, 170xxx, carbon tail lights, mx-3 seats, soundproofed, led dash, mishimoto projectors (zx299), zxtuner sts, s/r knob, 19mm rsb, kyb gr-2 struts, eibach springs, 4w disk, ss lines, f1 stage 2 clutch, mfactory lsd, fiddy flywheel, fsvt intake manifold, fsvt exhaust manifold, 2.5 catback w/ magnaflow, xcal2 w/ prp. moar go fast pending

Thread Information