Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast

Thread: KL V6 Project (takeover)

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Purchased Spec Stage 3+ along with Spec flywheel. $900.
    Quote Originally Posted by david gettle View Post
    I had a claim last year because I hit a frozen pile of manure
    2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Mazda Millenia KL V6 swap, '00 Mazda Miata rear brakes, MegaSquirtPNP (with VAF delete/IAT mod, and AEM Wideband w/ Bosch 4.9 sensor) '00 626 MTX w/ platemod and Mfactory diff w/ 3-4-5 gears, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, GT35 turbo w/ custom 3" downpipe, KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around w/ Cusco strut tower bar, custom made traction bars to frame rails, body kit, 2 tone paint, and much more.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    For those lonely nights without me. - MrWeeyums No Message - CJW 

You getting snow down there this weekend?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Rain and high wind, already broke my storm door this morning. Door opened and wind blew it hard, broke the lower hinge and I had to order a new hinge rail assembly. Not going to start my clutch and flywheel replacement until next weekend or weekend after.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Enjoy - 1981gMachine Cheers! - recessbilly this is for selling sr - dareall 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - pissdrunx16 

How much does the spec look like a fiddy? I heard fiddy made them for spec but thats all just hearsay.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I'm sure the difference is negligible. Both are lifetime warranty, both have replaceable steel plates, I'd rather just have matching brands together just in case I do have a warranty issue. Another $400 would have given me the Clutchmasters twin disc setup with flywheel, but I don't think I need that given the Spec Stage 3+ is good for 445 TQ, plenty for a 500HP goal. On a side note, my storm door hinge assembly came in. Funny I ordered something close to $900 first, and a $75 house part ordered the day after comes in 1 day. I still don't have a tracking number or a status of "shipped" for the clutch and flywheel according to the website. Another side note, I've actually had good luck on ebay lately with stuff from China directly, fastest I've seen it come in is 2 days with other stuff coming in about week later, just in case you guys need something and only china is listed.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Forgot to mention the quick disconnect for the front bumper cover.
    20180304_144006.jpeg

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Looking great. Lots of good work Dave

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    99 mtx with
    CTA intake with the cold air extension,Trubendz 2.25in pipe with a Magnaflow muffler, short throw shifter, Progress Lowering Springs, 19 mm rear sway

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Yep, thats pie. - Meta 

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinZX View Post
    I'm sure the difference is negligible. Both are lifetime warranty, both have replaceable steel plates, I'd rather just have matching brands together just in case I do have a warranty issue. Another $400 would have given me the Clutchmasters twin disc setup with flywheel, but I don't think I need that given the Spec Stage 3+ is good for 445 TQ, plenty for a 500HP goal. On a side note, my storm door hinge assembly came in. Funny I ordered something close to $900 first, and a $75 house part ordered the day after comes in 1 day. I still don't have a tracking number or a status of "shipped" for the clutch and flywheel according to the website. Another side note, I've actually had good luck on ebay lately with stuff from China directly, fastest I've seen it come in is 2 days with other stuff coming in about week later, just in case you guys need something and only china is listed.
    Forget about Japan. We talking overnight from China lol
    Quote Originally Posted by zxtwou2 View Post
    Making bigger pipe as the exhaust flowd and cools makes eddy currents ehich is what mskes rasp.

Helping raise some cash for our long-timer ZX2Fast. Parts here: click me

06/2016-TurdBo Vj11
    04/2011 - present: 1999 black zx2 (mtx)
    05/2009 - 04/2011: 1999 black zx2 (atx)

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - EnergyBlue98 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - EnergyBlue98 

I've been wanting to do a quick release bumper as well, but I was probably going to use some of these : https://www.summitracing.com/parts/q...UaAns3EALw_wcB

JE Pistons, Eagle Rods, heat treated crank, john p ported head, on my fifth transmission (MFactory LSD), 12.5" Wilwood Brakes, Roush/Turbonetics turbo, 17x7.5 Volk TE-37's, 60lb seimens injectors, deatschwerks 300m fuel pump, 38mm Tial Wastegate, 6 puck clutch, megasquirt 3, Ground Control coilovers, wings west lip kit, and not enough time to work on it.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Out with the old, in with the new.

20180427_151332.jpg
    20180427_144834.jpg
    20180427_183648.jpg

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    For those lonely nights without me. - MrWeeyums No Message - CJW 

Lookin good

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

So the trans and mounts are in place, I now begin switching over the exhaust parts, including the 3" Trubendz stainless steel exhaust piping I've stored away, still factory wrapped. It is all straight pipe, no resonators, but I still am going to use my Flowmaster 10 series muffler at the very end. My downpipe is 75% complete, just need to hook up the Trubendz to finish the last section. I still need to get a heat exchanger, 2 slim fans, pump, misc coolant lines/hoses, catch can, waste gate, and maybe something different for the turbo drain line. I'm pretty sure the radiator hose is in the way of the downpipe but I'll figure out a solution for that. Also contemplating bypassing the heater core and just going through the turbo instead, giving the engine first dibs on coolant, then feeding the turbo, then head to the radiator. I'm pretty satisfied with thickness of the radiator I have which is listed under a 1988 Toyota Van, if you look at the design of that toaster van there really isn't any airflow going to the radiator, which is why I think it is so thick and heavy duty to begin with. If I ever get overheating issues I'll try running the coolant through the heater core after the turbo to absorb some of the heat. This next move is just to get everything hooked up and check for function and leaks, I'll still have to swap over my modified fuel rail for the 550cc injectors and modify the harness in order to go over 300whp, injectors that are in there now are only 290cc. I'll keep you guys updated as progress comes along, and pics. If you think I should add something else let me know, I'm open to suggestions, this is my first turbo project so help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by ChillinZX; 05-10-2018 at 07:48 PM.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Got the hot side turbo pipes on, missed my measurements by 1" on clearing the top of the frame rail with the inlet side of turbo. Had to find a 1" T3 spacer with gaskets, not cheap. So since I'm spending money already, I also purchased my 26x7x2 heat exchanger, 2 slim 7" 1730cfm fans, Bosch Mustang Cobra intercooler pump, misc 3/4" lines and 90 degree fittings. Also went to Home Depot to get some longer bolts for the thicker T3 flange, hopefully it can hold up to the heat, if not I saw titanium alloy bolts from the UK.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I'd recommend some antiseize on the bolts and use a lock nut or two nuts to prevent it from backing off.

Don't recall. Do you have an oil cooler or heat exchanger?
    T3 turbo, FMIC, 2.5" Piping, 70mm Mustang Maf, 1g DSM BOV, 70mm throttle body, Ford Racing Intake manifold, 42lb Green Top Injectors, SVT Fuel Pump, Focus Shorty header, Turbo Adapter Pipe, 38mm Tial Wastegate, 2.5" Full Exhaust w/ high flow cat, Fidanza Flywheel, Spec 3+ Technically turboless at the moment.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Giving you guys an update when I can. Arranging water cooler parts loosely, nothing is bolted down or tightened, or officially there. I may improve locations as things come together, the intercooler by the strut tower bar does fit underneath I just have to secure all the piping first. I will add two more 7" fans above the heat exchanger because I feel the radiator is not going to get a breeze, I'll have to get lower cfm fans (lowers amperage too) for the radiator because I don't want to overload the fan circuit since that was originally designed to handle 2 fans, not 4. Also want to tidy up some of the rubber cooling tubing, so I'll get some 90 degree barb fittings to cut down on bending the rubber, nothing fancy just some black plastic ones. Basically the Bosch pump will take from the bottom of heat exchanger up to the forward part of the intercooler, push through the back of the intercooler and towards the passenger side, then down to the upper part of the reservoir tank, and gravity feed from the bottom of the tank to the upper part of the heat exchanger and cool down. Once my other fans, clamps/brackets, and fittings come in I'll make it all official and snug. Then I'll start the oil lines and coolant fittings for the turbo, which is already made, but I have to finish the oil return line to where it meets the oil pan. Fast, Cheap, Reliable... I think you know which 2 I picked.

20180519_202241.jpg
    20180519_202427.jpg
    Last edited by ChillinZX; 05-19-2018 at 07:34 PM.

Thread Information