Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: David Gettle's tuning worklog

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Gald to see you at Cyb's again. - zx2loon You've earned this one! - Big Mizz 

Emailed Ford Tech Support and asked how to adjust transmission fluid pressure through software....
    My car is a collectable according to PennDOT

My car has had two owners: Ford Motor Company and Me.

http://www.degettlehobbyllc.com

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Got no response from Ford as expected, but fixed the annoying P1744 apparently it was a false code triggered by a CCRM cascading failure. Installed new replacement CCRM from Dougiestyle and the code went away.... I know the CCRM has nothing to do with the trans, but the code is gone... with no other explanation.

Regina, SK (the city that rhymes with fun...)
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Wow, always something. Hopefully it is put to bed.

'93 Sanger DXII - If you have to ask...
    http://teamzx2.com/threads/43269-On-...r-DXII-Revival
    '98 Black ZX2 - Dead and gone, but it's heart lives on...
    http://teamzx2.com/threads/34862-Aurex-Worklog
    '00 BB Honda S2000 - ACT 9lbs Flywheel, 3.5" Homebrew Intake, Bimarco Dakar Seat, Aftermarket Steering Wheel, Koni + GC Coilovers
    http://teamzx2.com/threads/38583-Out...n-with-the-new

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Just an update on the P1744 error, I finally got it dataloged. The PCM is dropping the signal from the TC Solenoid for a split second causing the error code to pop. and I do mean a split second I had to expant the datalog to it's maximum in order to even see the signal drop out. I suspect a wire connection is going bad. I replaced the Engine/Trans grounds a while back, so I've tightened them and we'll see if the error pops up again.

Pat @ Level10 agrees that it apears to be a loose connection somewhere.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

After replacing the brake master cylinder the P1744 error code has not re-apeared No idea why that would effect the transmission...

Anyway, after the most recent update to SCT PRP I re-adjusted the spark table because the car was pinging @2500RPM on winter Gas and added more spark to the 2k-3k range, and adjusted the fuel table slightly as the new update showed the table more lean than I intended it to be.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

After loking back through my mileage records to find the best MPG for a tank of fuel I've gotten with the car and finding that it was with a tune from July of 2013, I went back and compared that tune to the one that I was running in my car, and adjusted the tuning for the engine to more closely match the one from July 2013, leaving the transmission settings as they are, so it is set for the Level10 Trans that is in the car....
    Testing MPG again....

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

My MPG has severely dropped, as has the length of my daily commute, my total commute between home-my shop-home-2nd full time job-home is only 10 miles, and never reaches highway speeds. from 6/19-7/8 my MPG was only 25.22 (that was 1 tank of fuel) 302.7 miles on 12.001 Gal.

I've decided to play with the VCT a little more on the bottom end to see what I can do to improve MPG in the normal driving range. I've set the VCT to factory retard +1 for the .2 and .4 load ranges up to 3500 RPM for non zero values.

Now to see what my next tank of fuel brings in MPG...
    Last edited by david gettle; 07-13-2016 at 06:43 AM.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

After 1/4 tank of fuel it looks like the +1 adjustment gave me a radical improvement in MPG in my normal driving range, (below .4 load and below 3k RPM I've driven nearly 180 miles on just 1/4 tank of fuel. I'll stop and fill up the car before making any additional adjustments. Since my commute change 1/4 tank would normally give me between 120 and 130 miles driven so a 50 mile difference is quite significant, and there was no noticeable change in drive-ability. Filled the car up, and had an increase of 1.17 MPG, I know that does not sound like a-lot, but that is a 4.63% improvement over the previous tank of fuel. I've installed the next version of my tuning file, with the following changes: Variable cam angle for >.4 load and 2k-3k RPM now set for stock +2, >.4 load 1.5k&3.5K set for factory +1 Transmission changed minim speed ratio for torque converter lock-in to .85 (this will allow less TC slip than the .6 it was set to from factory.
    Last edited by david gettle; 07-13-2016 at 08:21 AM. Reason: added information

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    mmmmm beer - CJW From me,  to you buddy !!! - Gunslinger Guess what's in the box.  Hint: It's brown, soft, and stinks a little. - CJW Its a box of KL parts. - MrWeeyums Cause I can.. - zx2loon 
    nice meeting u 2 - blue_2001 Balllliiiiiiinnnnnnn! lol - 2000zx2chik For my Daughter - zx2loon Thanks for the Altezzas - DOUGIESTYL Dougie said your truck needs this. lulz - rascal 
    Have a beer brah! - rascal 
    Childhood Cancer - zx2loon 

Good to see you're still at it Dave......hope all is well on your end.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Still at it, still running the car as a daily driver, though now my daily round trip commute to both full time jobs is under 10 miles. so it takes a long time to use a tank of gas...

Most recent tank of fuel 341.3 miles, 12.51 gallons of fuel 27.28 MPG - no highway driving, all >5 mile trips. Previous fill up was 7/13, filled tank today 8/14.

Note: I have an after-market fuel tank that holds 14.5 Gal. installed in the car.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I managed to buy a MAF for a 3.8L v6 mustang. I found out that the Pro Racer Package has the tuning parameters for the intake matched with #30 injectors. So I've managed to retrofit the mustang MAF into the ZX2 maf housing I adjusted the tuning for the Mustang MAF and attempted a test drive. the car ran fine with the factory injectors up to 35 MPH, then acted like it was going to stall. So I need to get #30 injectors before making another attempt with the mustang MAF. I loaded the settings for the Mustang's #30 injectors into the tune and saved it.

After geting the injectors and making certain the car runs that way, the next thing is to decide which boost option to go with.... Turbo, Pro-Charger, or Echo-Boost retrofit...

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Well, the MAF and #30 injectors are now installed, along with the tuning profile I've been using with the correct Injector and MAF profiles added in. next step is a test drive

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Test drove the car, needs minor adjustment in the 2-3kRPM range to eliminate spark knock when increasing speed. Otherwise the car is drivable with the larger MAF and #30 injectors and their profiles added from SCT to my tuning. It also looks as though the change has had no ill effects to fuel economy, but farther testing is needed.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

still working on adjusting the spark tables for the increased air and fuel because of he larger MAF and injectors, the car is not responding as it should for sudden acceleration, but throttle is now more sensitive.

Thread Information