Thread: ARP Main Stud Issue HELP

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Enjoy - 1981gMachine Cheers! - recessbilly this is for selling sr - dareall 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - pissdrunx16 

Default ARP Main Stud Issue HELP

Ok I remember hearing that the ARP studs where too tall for our windage tray and that something would have to be ground down.

Ok here is my issue I installed the crank and mains, and went to test fit the windage tray. Of course the studs dont clear the tray like I expected.

Here is my question: What do I do to resolve this issue? Do I grind down the studs themselves? Or so I make room for the studs by taking out some of the tray?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    thanks for all the info PnP'ing the head - DaviDawg A slice for the man - CJW For being the go to guy on PnP. - rascal 

You notch the webs where the studs hit . Got some pic's of the lower block webs cut on webshots . Look under Johnpv42 .

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - pissdrunx16 

Where do I go to view these?

Edit: I found the webshots page by googling the user name. I found the album that you have all the ported IMand head pics. I see one of the windage tray and one of the bottom end ..... But I don't see what you did to fix the issue in the pics?
    Last edited by pissdrunx16; 10-20-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    To you as well :) - SoCalZX2 here ya go just checkin this out - pissdrunx16 What can I say, I love my Beer - 1981gMachine 

Well I looked at the pics, maybe I'm wrong but this is what I think he's talking about.

11111.jpg

I get to spend my days at work restoring cars from the 1900-1960s
    Penn Dutch Restorations~ Album of my work- Build Version 2.0

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Hmmmmm, too bad I dont have the windage tray onhand to compair LOL... Ill have to wait till monday.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    thanks for all the info PnP'ing the head - DaviDawg A slice for the man - CJW For being the go to guy on PnP. - rascal 

Quote Originally Posted by 1981gMachine View Post
    Well I looked at the pics, maybe I'm wrong but this is what I think he's talking about.

11111.jpg
    Yep , that's what you have to do . You can use a grinder with a carbide burr , it'll cut it right out .

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Goes with your desk. - capitalcrew From me to you buddy - Gunslinger I figured youd like this. A dil. - rusty what what.  In the butt - CJW Congrats on the car!!!!! - random_hero 
    just keeping the trend going - Alwayssideways Because I'm original... - Gitt24_84 You got so many I thought you would like another - SR2000 another to add to your collection - blue99fordzx2 limp - GoT MiLF? 
    In memory of zx2 - Ant98mtx 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - SeRiousZX2 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MrWeeyums 

It is decently soft metal and really isn't hard to grind down.

CLEAN THE FUCK OUT OF IT WHEN YOU ARE DONE SO THERE ARE 100% NO METAL SHAVINGS.
    Je Pistons, Crower Rods, FC Mains, Clevite Bearings, ARP hardware, JohnP head, SVT HG, 71 lb injectors, Crower titanium springs and retainers, OBX fuel rail, Aeromotive FPR, FRIM, Crown Vic TB, Wings West, Ground Controls, S/r Tokico, Tial 38mm wastegate, Precision Turbo, 3" DP, P/S/ A/C delete, Tial Q BOV, XCal3, 80mm MAF, Spec Stage 5, MFactory LSD, Motegi Tracklites, 3" Trubendz

Parts: 22,000+
    Labor: 3+ years
    326whp/296wtq

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Right, thanks for the info guys!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

So after I make clearance on the windage tray, will that give clearance for the end studs on the outside?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

All you need to do is whats pictured so the tray seals , don't worry about anything else outside .

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Alright sounds good.... I just wasnt sure if the end maincaps would clear after I shave down the middle (as pictured). Thanks for the insight guys.

Thread Information