Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fuel injector guide

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

also with the fuel pressure regulator can I tap a gauge into the stock unit.. sorry for the noobish questions man im not too familiar with the route im going
    Nitrous project
    01 mtx.charcoal grey.knock senor mod, Keman intake, 2'' drop Meagan springs, sunroof, urethane bushings,

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

You might be able to tap into the stock fuel pressure sensor signal wire, that may or may not be accurate though, never tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by david gettle View Post
    I had a claim last year because I hit a frozen pile of manure
    2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Mazda Millenia KL V6 swap, '00 Mazda Miata rear brakes, MegaSquirtPNP (with VAF delete/IAT mod, and AEM Wideband w/ Bosch 4.9 sensor) '00 626 MTX w/ platemod and Mfactory diff, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, trans brace delete mod (for turbo kit provision) , KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, ebay headers, ebay CAI system, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around, custom made traction bars mounted to frame rails, body kit, 2 tone paint, etc...

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    You haz no gifts, you do now. lolz - rascal Thanks for your help! - Big Mizz 

It's accurate, but it updates at 100hz, so it can appear as noise to some gauges
    Found the limits of factory internals. Pictures here.

2000 ZX2 - Built engine (Eagle Rods, JE Pistons, block bored to 85.5mm, 2mm oversize valves, Forged oil pump gears), Garrett GTX2863R turbo, 80 lb/hr injectors, flex fuel, Megasquirt 3 EMS, Celica ST185 radiator, 3" exhaust. Other mods too, check out my build thread for a full listing.

"I usually downshift when I'm near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment"

Have you repped someone helpful today?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Gald to see you at Cyb's again. - zx2loon You've earned this one! - Big Mizz 

OK, so I'm going to ask this since I haven't seen this answered here, what years T-bird Super coupe #30 injectors fit the Zx2 fuel rail and plug?
    I'm slowly working toward going FI with the ZX2, I'm leaning toward Procharger, since there is a dealer for them near me.I have a MAF that is calibrated for #30 injectors that fits the ZX2 air filter housing, and PRP, so I can create a tune that will work for the car as it is until I get the rest of the stuff I need to boost it. I just need to know which injectors to get so they will fit, and will I need to upgrade the fuel pump?
    My car is a collectable according to PennDOT

My car has had two owners: Ford Motor Company and Me.

http://www.degettlehobbyllc.com

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

OK, so I asked too soon, I found the Injector part number for the #30 superbird injectors it is Bosch 0280155759 for those that want to know.

I still need to know if I will need to upgrade the fuel pump though....

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

You will likely need to upgrade the pump itself. You will likely run out of volume near the 170whp mark

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Thanks, At least I know if I install the MAF and Injectors the car will continue to run OK with tuning as N/A, and I'll have to upgrade the fuel pump when I do the final installation of the Procharger. Any recommendations for a fuel pump I should look for??

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

You're pump runs off voltage. The ecu just regulates the voltage to the pump to give the desired pressure at the rail. I'm a fan of the aeromotive pumps. What MAF do you have?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Thanks, I'll look into them.

The MAF is a plastic body out of a Mustang V6 3.8L I picked it up at a yard sale for $5.00, and modified it to fit the ZX2 air filter housing, using part of the spare I had.

I have the tuning profile for it from SCT that came with the Pro Racer Package, I did test it with the SCT tuning profile and ZX2's factory #19 injectors and the car ran fine as long as I kept the speed under 40 MPH. Over 40 it sputtered and fell on it's face from lack of fuel.

I assume that the ZX2 will take a hit on MPG when I put in the MAF and #30 injectors, I want to dyno-test it as N/A with those before boosting it just for fun.
    Last edited by david gettle; 11-29-2016 at 10:54 AM.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Aeromotive FTW

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    For those lonely nights without me. - MrWeeyums No Message - CJW 

OK, so I asked too soon, I found the Injector part number for the #30 superbird injectors it is Bosch 0280155759 for those that want to know.

I still need to know if I will need to upgrade the fuel pump though....
    Probably. Side your going over to 200 right?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

OK, so I'm going to ask this since I haven't seen this answered here, what years T-bird Super coupe #30 injectors fit the Zx2 fuel rail and plug?
    I'm slowly working toward going FI with the ZX2, I'm leaning toward Procharger, since there is a dealer for them near me.I have a MAF that is calibrated for #30 injectors that fits the ZX2 air filter housing, and PRP, so I can create a tune that will work for the car as it is until I get the rest of the stuff I need to boost it. I just need to know which injectors to get so they will fit, and will I need to upgrade the fuel pump?
    The PowerWorks supercharger (Eaton/Magnacharger M62) for the 2003 SVT Focus uses the SVT 42# injectors and SVT MAF and seems to be enough to keep the SC going.

What is your plan on tuning?
    This is the only view you should see when on the road with my S/R!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I'm not certain yet, what my final tuning plan is at this point. especially since the car is ATX and staying that way.

I don't even know if there are any boosted ATX ZX2's for that matter.

I do know though that Pat Barrett of Level10 Performance Transmission told me that the trans he installed would be good up to at least 500WHP. The ECU of my car is set to limit the car to 510 WHP for the Torque converter, which is where Pat set it. (that is also the maximum setting SCT PRP would allow.

What I have ready to go, is the tuning I did on the car to get it to 117WHP/117FtLb torque @5700RPM N/A, adjusted for the Mustang MAF and #30 injectors.

I don't know yet if I will need to modify the tuning once I add the Procharger. If anything I think I may need to make the fuel table richer. right now it's set to 20% lean below 3k RPM, and above 3k it is set the same as the NGP0 S/R tune. I took a look at the base tune for a boosted Zetech Focus, and the base line file for that has the entire fuel table set to stoic, where the fuel table in my ZX2 right now becomes richer above 3k RPM

If it is necessary, I'm close to McNews, so I think I would have Ray do the final tuning on the Dyno.

I do intend to leave VCT active if there is any advantage to doing that.

I'm thinking no more than 8 or 9 lbs of boost. I don't have the budget for a full engine build, so I want to keep it in the range that factory internals will handle for now...

I am also hoping to be able to use the fuel tank that is in the car, because even though it's a 14.5 Gal. tank it is in the factory location, so the trunk is still usable.
    Last edited by david gettle; 11-30-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I'm not certain yet, what my final tuning plan is at this point. especially since the car is ATX and staying that way.

I don't even know if there are any boosted ATX ZX2's for that matter.

I do know though that Pat Barrett of Level10 Performance Transmission told me that the trans he installed would be good up to at least 500WHP. The ECU of my car is set to limit the car to 510 WHP for the Torque converter, which is where Pat set it. (that is also the maximum setting SCT PRP would allow.

What I have ready to go, is the tuning I did on the car to get it to 117WHP/117FtLb torque @5700RPM N/A, adjusted for the Mustang MAF and #30 injectors.

I don't know yet if I will need to modify the tuning once I add the Procharger. If anything I think I may need to make the fuel table richer. right now it's set to 20% lean below 3k RPM, and above 3k it is set the same as the NGP0 S/R tune. I took a look at the base tune for a boosted Zetech Focus, and the base line file for that has the entire fuel table set to stoic, where the fuel table in my ZX2 right now becomes richer above 3k RPM

If it is necessary, I'm close to McNews, so I think I would have Ray do the final tuning on the Dyno.

I do intend to leave VCT active if there is any advantage to doing that.

I'm thinking no more than 8 or 9 lbs of boost. I don't have the budget for a full engine build, so I want to keep it in the range that factory internals will handle for now...

I am also hoping to be able to use the fuel tank that is in the car, because even though it's a 14.5 Gal. tank it is in the factory location, so the trunk is still usable.
    30lb/hr will only get you around 200whp safely, which 8 or 9psi might do. 19lb/hr got me to 150whp and that was stretching it. You need 76lb/hr+ or 800cc to get near 500hp, and that throttle body needs to be bigger then 65mm, I don't even think I'll reach 500hp with my 65mm TB at 7500rpm on the V6. Stock internals? You safely have half of your 500hp goal with stock internals.
    Last edited by ChillinZX; 11-30-2016 at 03:18 PM.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

My car is currently set up with a 61mm bored MTX ZX2 Throttle body and ported to match intake manifold, which slightly smaller than the MAF. So the throttle body will be the choke point in the intake. I'll be happy with about 200WHP. I'm not looking to max out the transmission, and I do want to keep the car drive-able.

Thread Information