Thread: KYB Excel-G( same as GR-2)

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Default KYB Excel-G( same as GR-2)

First off, Tokico struts have been discontinued, and KYB GR-2s have changed their name to KYB Excel-G. There is a lot of info on this site about the KYB GR-2s. That name was only on the struts they sold in America, and the same strut was sold as an Excel-G in the rest of the world. KYB is now phasing out the GR-2 name.
    So, the KYB Excel-G ids now the best new strut available for our car. I did my research on our forum and some focus forums. Some people even said they were better than Tokico, just more expensive, thus less popular. They support stock springs and lowering springs.
    I found mine on Amazon with free shipping for $220. I received them exactly a week after ordering them. The posting says not for the street racer(S/R), but the part numbers were the same as what I had found on here, so I bought them.
    http://www.amazon.com/KYB-FRONT-REAR...1&s=automotive

They were surprisingly easy to replace. A few tight bolts but I swapped all 4 in about 8 hours. In hindsight, don't lift one wheel at a time or the sway bars will fight you. Lift the whole front and/or the whole back. I'm an idiot.

The Review:
    I've been driving on them for a month now, and they are smooth. Like, super smooth. Like, I never knew a ZX2 could feel so smooth. Like, I never knew a Ford could feel so smooth. There is no residual bounce after bumps and potholes. I've been driving a ZX2 for 8 years. In that time I've had a regular 98 ZX2(driven from 120K miles to 160K) and an S/R(driven from 80K to 150K), both with their respective stock struts. I am now honestly wondering if both had blown struts the whole time. If not, these are in a different league. Wow. I highly recommend them.
    Black 2000 S/R. K&N, P&P Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, 93 octane American gasoline, Kami header, 2.5" TruBendz w/magnaflow cat and a Thrush muffler, knocker mod, ES Motor mount inserts, 40% UDP, 130 Amp alternator. KYB Excel-G struts, Hankook Ventus V2 tires on Sport Max 15" rims, 120 Db sound system.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

are these shorter than the standard stock struts?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

what lowering springs are you rocking if any at all?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

buddha757 im using these on my s/r spring and hey run great, little stiff but great
    99 zx2- sold
    03 zx2, 170xxx, carbon tail lights, mx-3 seats, soundproofed, led dash, mishimoto projectors (zx299), zxtuner sts, s/r knob, 19mm rsb, kyb gr-2 struts, eibach springs, 4w disk, ss lines, f1 stage 2 clutch, mfactory lsd, fiddy flywheel, fsvt intake manifold, fsvt exhaust manifold, 2.5 catback w/ magnaflow, xcal2 w/ prp. moar go fast pending

Thread Information