Thread: What IHRA and NHRA classification is a stock 1998 ZX2 Cool?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Default What IHRA and NHRA classification is a stock 1998 ZX2 Cool?

Preparing to bracket race a bone stock 1998 ZX2 Cool - does anyone know the specific class designation for a stock ZX2 in the NHRA and IHRA rules or class identifiers?
    Appreciate any info - thanks.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon Me wubbz joo too!! - zx2loon Congrats bro!! - rascal get 'em done - GoT MiLF? Unicorn hood ornament! lol - rascal 
    Thanks for the rubber superman! wait... - Gitt24_84 For those rare times when you don't have sand in the vag... - Big Mizz 

Sport Compact

Busted differential class
    2000 Black S/R (RIP), Iceman/CF hood/PnP ATX TB/K&N/MSD/PowderUDP-ODP/Esslinger cam gears/PS STS/SPI MTX/Fidanza/Stage2/Kamikaze/2.25"cat-less/Magnaflow/SCT(Pwned by Vit)/STB/21mmRSB/KYB/GC/Drag DR23
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowness65 View Post
    EXACTLY At night we could chant and sing in a circle around Doug's S/R and any others that may be there and burn a Cavalier as an offering to them
    Quote Originally Posted by Gitt24_84 View Post
    Nevermind, I'm fucking retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillinZX View Post
    If you're talking about the slave cylinder "cock", you can play with that thing all day long and it will not get stiff.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - EnergyBlue98 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - EnergyBlue98 

Quote Originally Posted by DOUGIESTYLE View Post
    Sport Compact

Welded differential class
    better.
    (assuming this is drag racing)

JE Pistons, Eagle Rods, heat treated crank, john p ported head, on my fifth transmission (MFactory LSD), 12.5" Wilwood Brakes, Roush/Turbonetics turbo, 17x7.5 Volk TE-37's, 60lb seimens injectors, deatschwerks 300m fuel pump, 38mm Tial Wastegate, 6 puck clutch, megasquirt 3, Ground Control coilovers, wings west lip kit, and not enough time to work on it.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Thanks Fellows - what is the benefit of disconnecting the knock sensor?
    What is the benefit of cutting the air box?
    Are there any simple actions that could be taken to gain a few 10ths?
    It is on 15s now, but I have ordered a set of 155x55/14s and a pair of 14" x 5.5 alloys to mount them on... Also - it is an ATX.
    Again - thanks!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    To you as well :) - SoCalZX2 here ya go just checkin this out - pissdrunx16 What can I say, I love my Beer - 1981gMachine 

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper Mac View Post
    Thanks Fellows - what is the benefit of disconnecting the knock sensor?
    What is the benefit of cutting the air box?
    Are there any simple actions that could be taken to gain a few 10ths?
    It is on 15s now, but I have ordered a set of 155x55/14s and a pair of 14" x 5.5 alloys to mount them on... Also - it is an ATX.
    Again - thanks!
    Weight reduction, every 100 lbs is a tenth in the quarter.

Cutting the air box allows for more air into the inlet

Unplugging the knock sensor keeps it from pulling unnecessary timing

Look under the I think DIY section of the knowledge base. For the resistor mod which will firm up your shifting in the ATX.

I get to spend my days at work restoring cars from the 1900-1960s
    Penn Dutch Restorations~ Album of my work- Build Version 2.0

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Thanks for the resistor tip - I have ordered a 10 ohm that I will install with a switch for the track.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon Me wubbz joo too!! - zx2loon Congrats bro!! - rascal get 'em done - GoT MiLF? Unicorn hood ornament! lol - rascal 
    Thanks for the rubber superman! wait... - Gitt24_84 For those rare times when you don't have sand in the vag... - Big Mizz 

If you're bracket racing with a bone-stock ATX, just make sure you dial your time correctly. Fast is not necessary with bracket racing. Consistency IS necessary. Learn your launch timing and keep your foot on the floor. There's not much else to bracket racing with an ATX. It should perform the same for every pass, provided atmospheric conditions are consistent.

A 20sec ET can beat a blown 8sec Hemi in bracket racing if the driver is consistent.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

you should check with your local tracks to see what classes they offer, if your nhra bracket racing, you will probably qualify for NO-Electronics, and street if they have it in their program. Ihra, they do box and no box, you would qualify for no box, or street if they offer it.
    originally known to the world as redzx2texas

Thread Information