Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Heartbroken plz advise.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

The old one was really messed up from neglect and paint experiments.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    for the superman of the zx2 savers - daggit2005 Henry Ford < Dareall - SR2000 For the entertaining builds...constantly :-) - CJW For being a great member and friend to many. - CJW you sir are awarded the medal of awsome - daggit2005 
    Scammer Slaughering Medal of Honor - Hardline this is for the candy ive got from you with my purchases the past few years. - blue99fordzx2 For moving/locking my post when asked :) - blue99fordzx2 Thx for helping me get my car put back together. - X-Lr8 It's lunch time here. lolz - rascal 
    For dealing with dumbass n00bs. - RASCAL How much for the trim piece? LOL - RASCAL Absolute hero. I cannot imagine how helpful and kind a person Dareall is.  THANK YOU. - SoCalZx2Rob For doing my part out and finally getting the parts sold.  I owe it all to you.  Thanks Dareall.  I'll never forget it.  Thank god it's finally done.  XD - SoCalZx2Rob 

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

That really hits the spot! Careful on your two bottom driver side fender 10mm bolts. Use hot hair dryer on them for a little while, because they have some of that automotive caulk around them. Since you gotta lay on your back to unfasten them don't confuse your righty tighty from your lefty loosey. Just take your time on these ones. If they do break, no big deal. They are not that critical and can always be ground, drilled, and replaced at another time. You are gonna find out that there is quite a bit of adjustment in the bolting of the fender. Use your passenger fender as a guide to get the right body gaps with respect to the hood and door. For sure want a friend or two to help with the door install. Keep up the good work.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by d-dogg-e View Post
    That really hits the spot! Careful on your two bottom driver side fender 10mm bolts. Use hot hair dryer on them for a little while, because they have some of that automotive caulk around them. Since you gotta lay on your back to unfasten them don't confuse your righty tighty from your lefty loosey. Just take your time on these ones. If they do break, no big deal. They are not that critical and can always be ground, drilled, and replaced at another time. You are gonna find out that there is quite a bit of adjustment in the bolting of the fender. Use your passenger fender as a guide to get the right body gaps with respect to the hood and door. For sure want a friend or two to help with the door install. Keep up the good work.
    Thnx

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Question for anyone... Will an '03 front end/ bumper fit on my 2000? Would I need any other parts? There is one at the yard but I think the part it bolts to is broken in places. Also I just want to thank all yall for this forum. It helped me so much over the years to fix things running good. Without yall I would have a squealing pulley, years of it sitting up when all it had was hose come loose. Lol I now could do the timing myself if I wasn't so scared to pull it apart. Thnx

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    A beer for ya bro! - rascal Just cause. lol - rascal You passed! lolz - RASCAL 

Quote Originally Posted by AzizaZx2 View Post
    Question for anyone... Will an '03 front end/ bumper fit on my 2000? Would I need any other parts? There is one at the yard but I think the part it bolts to is broken in places. Also I just want to thank all yall for this forum. It helped me so much over the years to fix things running good. Without yall I would have a squealing pulley, years of it sitting up when all it had was hose come loose. Lol I now could do the timing myself if I wasn't so scared to pull it apart. Thnx

Yes 2003 bumper will fit and look great to boot!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by yellow2000S/R View Post
    It was probably for a pull then replacement of quarter and misc other items.
    I looked over the estimate. No pull. Just new dash , new door, new windshield, remove and reinstall rear window, remove, refinish, and reinstall gas cover, repair panel, paint, other adjustments and labor. All for over $6000. No mention of pull.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    enjoy brother! - daggit2005 the guy jumping in front of the bus video FTW - dareall Kamikaze! - DOUGIESTYLE 

REBUILDING HAS BEGUN!
    The best thing anybody can ever do for me is tell me I can't or to give up. Nothing motivates me better to do what "can't be done!" LOL!!!!

While I can agree with your statement most of the time, this isn't one of them. Judging from the damage in the body in LR quarter panel, trying to fix all that will cost 4 times what the car is worth. Finding a rust free replacement would be cost effective way to go and less labor on your part. Plus, you can find one with better paint.

Thumbing my responses with Tapatalk.

NEW: 2016 Focus ST:
    • Levels Performance Intercooler

• Borla Cat back exhaust

• Green Filter Performance Air Filter

• Boomba Symposer Delete, Dipstick Handle, and Oil Cap

• Visual Garage Shark Fin Antenna

• Rally Armor Black w/ red lettering mudflaps

• Big Mike's Performance Parts Sto n Sho license plate holder

OLD:2002 Black ZX2

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by RASCAL View Post
    While I can agree with your statement most of the time, this isn't one of them. Judging from the damage in the body in LR quarter panel, trying to fix all that will cost 4 times what the car is worth. Finding a rust free replacement would be cost effective way to go and less labor on your part. Plus, you can find one with better paint.

Thumbing my responses with Tapatalk.
    Well we working on it now the door. i have been driving it for a month and it drives awesome still. And my car has no rust. And I just worked out getting a cheap paint job soon. Here is door so far. It needs adjusting.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Well we working on it now the door. i have been driving it for a month and it drives awesome still. And my car has no rust. And I just worked out getting a cheap paint job soon. Here is door so far. It needs adjusting.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - bigtime 

How come he didn't smile for the camera

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1999 zx2 s/r powder UDP+ODP, ford racing wires, corksport strutbar, 19mm rsb, armrest
    2000 zx2 s/r stock RIP

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    How come he didn't smile for the camera

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Don't think he even knew I was taking it. The bolts on the door are a bitch.

Thread Information