Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 72 of 72

Thread: Heartbroken plz advise.

  1. #61

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    44
    Points
    17,299
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    17,299
    Donate  

    Default



    The old one was really messed up from neglect and paint experiments.

    Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    las vegas, so cal
    Posts
    21,291
    Points
    402,216
    Bank
    95,389,255
    Total Points
    95,791,471
    Donate  
    for the superman of the zx2 savers - daggit2005 Henry Ford < Dareall - SR2000 For the entertaining builds...constantly :-) - CJW For being a great member and friend to many. - CJW you sir are awarded the medal of awsome - daggit2005 
    Scammer Slaughering Medal of Honor - Hardline this is for the candy ive got from you with my purchases the past few years. - blue99fordzx2 For moving/locking my post when asked :) - blue99fordzx2 Thx for helping me get my car put back together. - X-Lr8 It's lunch time here. lolz - rascal 
    For dealing with dumbass n00bs. - RASCAL How much for the trim piece? LOL - RASCAL Absolute hero. I cannot imagine how helpful and kind a person Dareall is.  THANK YOU. - SoCalZx2Rob For doing my part out and finally getting the parts sold.  I owe it all to you.  Thanks Dareall.  I'll never forget it.  Thank god it's finally done.  XD - SoCalZx2Rob 

    Default


  3. #63

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    517
    Points
    68,406
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    68,406
    Donate  

    Default

    That really hits the spot! Careful on your two bottom driver side fender 10mm bolts. Use hot hair dryer on them for a little while, because they have some of that automotive caulk around them. Since you gotta lay on your back to unfasten them don't confuse your righty tighty from your lefty loosey. Just take your time on these ones. If they do break, no big deal. They are not that critical and can always be ground, drilled, and replaced at another time. You are gonna find out that there is quite a bit of adjustment in the bolting of the fender. Use your passenger fender as a guide to get the right body gaps with respect to the hood and door. For sure want a friend or two to help with the door install. Keep up the good work.

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    44
    Points
    17,299
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    17,299
    Donate  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d-dogg-e View Post
    That really hits the spot! Careful on your two bottom driver side fender 10mm bolts. Use hot hair dryer on them for a little while, because they have some of that automotive caulk around them. Since you gotta lay on your back to unfasten them don't confuse your righty tighty from your lefty loosey. Just take your time on these ones. If they do break, no big deal. They are not that critical and can always be ground, drilled, and replaced at another time. You are gonna find out that there is quite a bit of adjustment in the bolting of the fender. Use your passenger fender as a guide to get the right body gaps with respect to the hood and door. For sure want a friend or two to help with the door install. Keep up the good work.
    Thnx

    Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    44
    Points
    17,299
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    17,299
    Donate  

    Default

    Question for anyone... Will an '03 front end/ bumper fit on my 2000? Would I need any other parts? There is one at the yard but I think the part it bolts to is broken in places. Also I just want to thank all yall for this forum. It helped me so much over the years to fix things running good. Without yall I would have a squealing pulley, years of it sitting up when all it had was hose come loose. Lol I now could do the timing myself if I wasn't so scared to pull it apart. Thnx

    Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,464
    Points
    330,304
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    330,304
    Donate  
    A beer for ya bro! - rascal Just cause. lol - rascal You passed! lolz - RASCAL 

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzizaZx2 View Post
    Question for anyone... Will an '03 front end/ bumper fit on my 2000? Would I need any other parts? There is one at the yard but I think the part it bolts to is broken in places. Also I just want to thank all yall for this forum. It helped me so much over the years to fix things running good. Without yall I would have a squealing pulley, years of it sitting up when all it had was hose come loose. Lol I now could do the timing myself if I wasn't so scared to pull it apart. Thnx

    Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
    Yes 2003 bumper will fit and look great to boot!

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    44
    Points
    17,299
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    17,299
    Donate  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellow2000S/R View Post
    It was probably for a pull then replacement of quarter and misc other items.
    I looked over the estimate. No pull. Just new dash , new door, new windshield, remove and reinstall rear window, remove, refinish, and reinstall gas cover, repair panel, paint, other adjustments and labor. All for over $6000. No mention of pull.


    Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lurking in the shadows.
    Posts
    6,398
    Points
    98,473
    Bank
    55,966,647
    Total Points
    56,065,120
    Donate  
    enjoy brother! - daggit2005 the guy jumping in front of the bus video FTW - dareall Kamikaze! - DOUGIESTYLE 

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzizaZx2 View Post
    REBUILDING HAS BEGUN!
    The best thing anybody can ever do for me is tell me I can't or to give up. Nothing motivates me better to do what "can't be done!" LOL!!!!



    Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
    While I can agree with your statement most of the time, this isn't one of them. Judging from the damage in the body in LR quarter panel, trying to fix all that will cost 4 times what the car is worth. Finding a rust free replacement would be cost effective way to go and less labor on your part. Plus, you can find one with better paint.


    Thumbing my responses with Tapatalk.


    NEW: 2016 Focus ST:
    • Levels Performance Intercooler

    • Borla Cat back exhaust

    • Green Filter Performance Air Filter

    • Boomba Symposer Delete, Dipstick Handle, and Oil Cap

    • Visual Garage Shark Fin Antenna

    • Rally Armor Black w/ red lettering mudflaps

    • Big Mike's Performance Parts Sto n Sho license plate holder


    OLD:2002 Black ZX2

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    44
    Points
    17,299
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    17,299
    Donate  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RASCAL View Post
    While I can agree with your statement most of the time, this isn't one of them. Judging from the damage in the body in LR quarter panel, trying to fix all that will cost 4 times what the car is worth. Finding a rust free replacement would be cost effective way to go and less labor on your part. Plus, you can find one with better paint.


    Thumbing my responses with Tapatalk.
    Well we working on it now the door. i have been driving it for a month and it drives awesome still. And my car has no rust. And I just worked out getting a cheap paint job soon. Here is door so far. It needs adjusting.

    Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    44
    Points
    17,299
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    17,299
    Donate  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzizaZx2 View Post
    Well we working on it now the door. i have been driving it for a month and it drives awesome still. And my car has no rust. And I just worked out getting a cheap paint job soon. Here is door so far. It needs adjusting.

    Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk


    Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

  11. #71

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    woodland,wa
    Posts
    1,519
    Points
    52,770
    Bank
    1,921,427
    Total Points
    1,974,197
    Donate  
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - bigtime 

    Default

    How come he didn't smile for the camera

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

    1999 zx2 s/r powder UDP+ODP, ford racing wires, corksport strutbar, 19mm rsb, armrest
    2000 zx2 s/r stock RIP

  12. #72

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    44
    Points
    17,299
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    17,299
    Donate  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    How come he didn't smile for the camera

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Don't think he even knew I was taking it. The bolts on the door are a bitch.


    Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •