Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my ego deflated

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Yep, thats pie. - Meta 

Default Got my ego deflated

Took this thing to the track, thinking I could run at least 14.x. First run - 15.2 lol It didn't get better from there, as I couldn't launch (more like, was scared to lose the diff.) worth a shit.
    60' was around 2.5, 1/8 was 10.x at around 73mph and 1/4 mph was stuck at 92-93 mph all night. Saw a vid where a semi-modded s/r went the same time. Suffice to say, I drowned my sorrow in alcohol that night. There is no way in hell that a semi-stock s/r can pull on this thing, especially at speeds >60. I know, I need a better driver mod, for sure...

Would a decent launch help the trap speed here? I have not missed any gears, btw. I did shift around 5.5-6, as the turbo (VJ11) runs out of breath around those rpm. Should I have kept revving it out higher?
    Quote Originally Posted by zxtwou2 View Post
    Making bigger pipe as the exhaust flowd and cools makes eddy currents ehich is what mskes rasp.

Helping raise some cash for our long-timer ZX2Fast. Parts here: click me

06/2016-TurdBo Vj11
    04/2011 - present: 1999 black zx2 (mtx)
    05/2009 - 04/2011: 1999 black zx2 (atx)

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Should of got a vid! Are you flat shifting? what rpm do you build full boost and at what boost? what clutch do you have?
    00' Black S/R - s252 bullseye, spa manifold, turbosmart wastegate, turboXs bov, ms3x, mtx-75 transmission, bilstein coilovers
    ---------------------
    AntMachining.com

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    For those lonely nights without me. - MrWeeyums No Message - CJW 

We seen bolt on's get to high 14's . Don't blame you for being scared.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Yep, thats pie. - Meta 

Quote Originally Posted by AntMachining View Post
    Should of got a vid! Are you flat shifting? what rpm do you build full boost and at what boost? what clutch do you have?
    Yeah, my cheap-o mount broke right before the track lol I was barely lifting the foot to shift. Full boost at 3k or less - it's a tiny fucker. I'm on a basically stock (read: "stage" 1 (lul) f1 racing clutch). It could be slipping, but I haven't noticed an increase in rpm without subsequent increase in speed. I did notice, for instance, if I hard-shift from 1-2 or 2-3, the rpm will get stuck at 5k or whereabouts for a second or so, then start climbing, but nothing like a slipping clutch (i know, just a matter of time now).

And lol @ krux' comment. High 14s? When was that? Must've had a great driver mod

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon Me wubbz joo too!! - zx2loon Congrats bro!! - rascal get 'em done - GoT MiLF? Unicorn hood ornament! lol - rascal 
    Thanks for the rubber superman! wait... - Gitt24_84 For those rare times when you don't have sand in the vag... - Big Mizz 

Two step
    2000 Black S/R (RIP), Iceman/CF hood/PnP ATX TB/K&N/MSD/PowderUDP-ODP/Esslinger cam gears/PS STS/SPI MTX/Fidanza/Stage2/Kamikaze/2.25"cat-less/Magnaflow/SCT(Pwned by Vit)/STB/21mmRSB/KYB/GC/Drag DR23
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowness65 View Post
    EXACTLY At night we could chant and sing in a circle around Doug's S/R and any others that may be there and burn a Cavalier as an offering to them
    Quote Originally Posted by Gitt24_84 View Post
    Nevermind, I'm fucking retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillinZX View Post
    If you're talking about the slave cylinder "cock", you can play with that thing all day long and it will not get stiff.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Aluminum fly wheel?
    This is the only view you should see when on the road with my S/R!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Gald to see you at Cyb's again. - zx2loon You've earned this one! - Big Mizz 

LOL MY ATX usually hits the 1/4 mile mark at 105MPH and it's still naturally aspirated with just bolt-ons and tuning. (No internal engine work)
    My car is a collectable according to PennDOT

My car has had two owners: Ford Motor Company and Me.

http://www.degettlehobbyllc.com

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I'd definitely rev higher. Yes it runs out of steam a bit but it places you at a higher point in the power band upon shifting.

A good launch will improve ET but not necessarily trap speed. I remember getting worse ET's but better trap speeds when I over spun on launches.

Don't feel too bad. I got high 14's with the probe turbo as well.
    T3 turbo, FMIC, 2.5" Piping, 70mm Mustang Maf, 1g DSM BOV, 70mm throttle body, Ford Racing Intake manifold, 42lb Green Top Injectors, SVT Fuel Pump, Focus Shorty header, Turbo Adapter Pipe, 38mm Tial Wastegate, 2.5" Full Exhaust w/ high flow cat, Fidanza Flywheel, Spec 3+ Technically turboless at the moment.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Yep, thats pie. - Meta 

Quote Originally Posted by david gettle View Post
    LOL MY ATX usually hits the 1/4 mile mark at 105MPH and it's still naturally aspirated with just bolt-ons and tuning. (No internal engine work)
    David, sorry, but I'm calling complete b.s. on this. There is absolutely no way your car will even come close to mine on a roll. I might blow 20 cocks at launching this thing, but... it is turbocharged.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford--ZX2-E...ag-Racing.html 105 would put you at near high 13s stock...

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I took my stock high mileage 03 5spd to track a few times. It ran 15.98 @ around 87mph IIRC. Alot can change your ETs. A second on paper looks huge but on the track a second is not that long. First 60' is very important for your ETs.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Yep, thats pie. - Meta 

Quote Originally Posted by ZX2J View Post
    I took my stock high mileage 03 5spd to track a few times. It ran 15.98 @ around 87mph IIRC. Alot can change your ETs. A second on paper looks huge but on the track a second is not that long. First 60' is very important for your ETs.
    I understand ET, but not why my trap is so low. Would a good launch increase trap as well?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Shift closer to 6500rpm

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    You haz no gifts, you do now. lolz - rascal Thanks for your help! - Big Mizz 

ET is a good indication of traction, Trap is a good indicator of HP.

Data logs, verify you arent leaning out under boost, and verify your clutch isnt slipping. When my OE clutch let go, it felt to me just like wheelspin, but obviously wasnt. Lengthening ETs, but trap speed was around the same.
    Found the limits of factory internals. Pictures here.

2000 ZX2 - Built engine (Eagle Rods, JE Pistons, block bored to 85.5mm, 2mm oversize valves, Forged oil pump gears), Garrett GTX2863R turbo, 80 lb/hr injectors, flex fuel, Megasquirt 3 EMS, Celica ST185 radiator, 3" exhaust. Other mods too, check out my build thread for a full listing.

"I usually downshift when I'm near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment"

Have you repped someone helpful today?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Yep, thats pie. - Meta 

Quote Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
    ET is a good indication of traction, Trap is a good indicator of HP.

Data logs, verify you arent leaning out under boost, and verify your clutch isnt slipping. When my OE clutch let go, it felt to me just like wheelspin, but obviously wasnt. Lengthening ETs, but trap speed was around the same.
    Def. not leaning out in boost. If anything, it's running rich lolz Judging by my super-shitty 60', I could shave off another 0.5-0.7 seconds off ET, which would bring it into mid 14s on this tiny ass turbo. I just don't have lsd in it yet to really try that. Overall, I am impressed by how it pulls. Second gear is a dog, tho, unless I rev 1st out like I'm dragging - AFR goes to 10:0 on the clock under heavy load in second (say flooring it around 20 mph), so you can imagine it's not really moving until 30 mph or so.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    You haz no gifts, you do now. lolz - rascal Thanks for your help! - Big Mizz 

Too rich will slow you down as well. A rich burn has a slow flame front

Thread Information