Thread: Having a power issue. Not like Kim Jong but it's still an issue.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Default Having a power issue. Not like Kim Jong but it's still an issue.

So if you have been seeing me post like a frantic newb when i run into a problem on here then you have some idea of what i have done to my car recently. Bring ya up to speed regardless. Just swapped a third gen LS MTX into my 99 ZX2 after the original trans cracked and leaked all over my clutch causing it to slip and ultimately forcing me to purchase a new clutch kit. Flywheel included because I've had it resurfaced a couple times and was like you know what for what i pay for resurfacing, i'll just get a new flywheel. Rockauto had a decent price anyway. Okay so what i'm left with now is a power issue. The clutch slip is gone but i have a decent or at least noticeable power reduction in my lower end and honestly feels like a loss through most of the gears. Now, i'm not sure ( newb ) if it is an outcome of the LS trans that i installed, the huge hole in my busted flex pipe, or something fuel and or spark related. My valve cover gasket isn't seating right but i read on here to get it to seal fully with a thin layer of sealant. I'll give it a go this week after work one night and yes it's properly torqued to spec and the right pattern. I am getting a code yet stop and get it read. Planning on buying my own scanner next paycheck. I just finished up the timing tonight and reset the VCT which honestly did help a noticeable amount but still it's missing that final umph. That i haven't felt since my old trans was in and properly running. I am looking at other loss of power threads on here so i will be creating a checklist from the info i gather from responses i see on those but damn it's like they just never log back on to tell us if it fixed it! Sucks but anyway, just figured i'd update you all with the progression. To be fair, when i was driving the LS way back when it was running that little 4 door had some torque! I can tell you that it definitely doesn't feel like that. If you guys can, please give me and all around checklist from what i have described so i know what to do when i get home from work this week. Also there was a tiny bit of oil around the plugs, unquestionably from the VC gasket but im worried that could have ruined the wires. I'm gonna leave you all on that note for tonight. Also, apologize for not having the decency to scan for codes at Auto Zone before posting here. I do have a feeling one code will be for those O2s being blasted. I did gut the cat a while back and will be getting a new exhaust next paycheck. Thank you all

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Also, the VC gasket leak isn't even all that terrible. It's like an affliction warlock DOT. Life tap to be exact. Barely noticeable but it's getting the damn fix.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Took out my air filter and it runs loads better. So I should be looking for a more permeable intake filter. I don't want to just not have one. Might poke a few holes in it and slap it back on to see if it does help it breath a bit better. Start a new job next week so hopefully no problems arise. Funny though the codes went away too. Almost thought it was a bad O2 sensor throwing things off. Just had that gut feeling when I heard it almost bogging like through gears. I was like time to check fuel spark and air. Goes to show you, don't be a newb like myself and frantically post here about a problem without checking the basics or really serious people will be annoyed with you.

Thread Information