Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TheEvilZX2

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Yep, thats pie. - Meta 

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilZX2 View Post
    Pretty sure I found the issue. Bad wire going to the fuel rail pressure sensor. Resoldered it. Its OK now, time will tell if its anything else...
    I'm telling you, it's one thing after another lol Have you done any pulls to assess times/hp?
    Quote Originally Posted by zxtwou2 View Post
    Making bigger pipe as the exhaust flowd and cools makes eddy currents ehich is what mskes rasp.

Helping raise some cash for our long-timer ZX2Fast. Parts here: click me

06/2016-TurdBo Vj11
    04/2011 - present: 1999 black zx2 (mtx)
    05/2009 - 04/2011: 1999 black zx2 (atx)

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Zomg you haz treasure for Christmas - 2000zx2chik 

Times, no. But I've ran a few datalogs through virtual dyno and it puts me in the 180/190 HP range depending on the logs I feed it

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Well now that the fuel pressure sensor is fixed it's reporting correctly and now at WOT the fuel pump duty cycle has dropped by about 10% and fuel pressure is very stable. I put about 70 miles on it yesterday and have been checking over all the logs and it makes me feel a bit better I've got some overhead with fueling once again.

Since its passed emissions I've started back on leaning the fuel table out a bit. Currently commanding .81 lambda up top, but leaned everything else out a bit too. Still running good!

I'll probably bump up to the next wastegate spring combo lol. Tial says the next combo is .7 bar or 10.15psi, I expect I'll see about 8 or 9 psi on the gauge. I won't be able to drive it today though, thunderstorms all day.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

swapped in the .7bar/10.15psi springs today after work. just got back from the first drive and holy crap. i didnt really boost it before in 1st because it would break the tires loose, but today she broke the tires loose in 2nd at wot

best part of all this is my fuel pump is at .95 duty cycle and the fuel pressure is solid. so still "safe"

i dont think ill bump the boost up again on the stock motor. im seeing about 8.5 psi now with these springs. i cant believe that stock motor pulls so damn hard, idk how much more it can handle lol

guess its time to get these tires mounted and balanced soon....

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

i drove it to work on friday and got some good data on 8.5 psi. here it is in virtual dyno.

if anyone is able to critique below values please do, id like to get as accurate a reading as possible.

using stock MTX ZX2 weight but the car is partially gutted/carbon hood/no AC or PS/fiddy but the turbo kit i figured it would balance out, its got a 98 trans so im using the values i found for that, its on 205/45/16 tires, occupant weight is me plus 4 new tires in the trunk, drag coefficient and frontal area found by googling.

virtual dyno_theevilzx2_8point5psi.png

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Yep, thats pie. - Meta 

Very nice! Dat 85 psi, tho.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by Mimino View Post
    Very nice! Dat 85 psi, tho.
    Haha, well I couldn't name the files "GearX on 8.5 psi.csv" windows just wouldn't have liked that.

But the car feels great. When its cold out I've got absolutely no traction in 2nd and brakes the tires loose in 3rd.

I'm gonna need some wider tires here soon

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

No idea wtf I was saying about the file name thing. That totally would have worked lol.

Anyhow, been playing with histograms and going to try to do some fine tuning on a few things with the tune. Rebuilding my load with failed MAF table, as I see much more load than when I first put that table together.

I've been talking to a guy at work who owns a BMW parts and tuning company and he's got access to a Lambo tuning shop on the weekends. I'm going to get a laptop to install SCT on so I can tune outside of the house and I'll take the car to the dyno for some real numbers. But this might not happen before the end of the year. We'll see...

Thread Information