Thread: Turbo with PS and A/C

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Default Turbo with PS and A/C

So most of the turbo builds I have seen have all had the a/c and PS removed. I want to keep mine and am in the process of research for a turbo build. I live in FL and pretty much have to have the A/C, too dang hot. If anyone has any info, links, or pics of a turbo set up with the accessories I'd appreciate the info. Thanks.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    for the superman of the zx2 savers - daggit2005 Henry Ford < Dareall - SR2000 For the entertaining builds...constantly :-) - CJW For being a great member and friend to many. - CJW you sir are awarded the medal of awsome - daggit2005 
    Scammer Slaughering Medal of Honor - Hardline this is for the candy ive got from you with my purchases the past few years. - blue99fordzx2 For moving/locking my post when asked :) - blue99fordzx2 Thx for helping me get my car put back together. - X-Lr8 It's lunch time here. lolz - rascal 
    For dealing with dumbass n00bs. - RASCAL How much for the trim piece? LOL - RASCAL Absolute hero. I cannot imagine how helpful and kind a person Dareall is.  THANK YOU. - SoCalZx2Rob For doing my part out and finally getting the parts sold.  I owe it all to you.  Thanks Dareall.  I'll never forget it.  Thank god it's finally done.  XD - SoCalZx2Rob 

these things do not have to come off the car for turbo
    We're gonna ride the race cars
    We're gonna dance on fire

Best sale thread ever !!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I know that, my question wasnt whether they had to come off or not, my question was to see info/pics of how guys are setting up their turbo systems while retaining accessories.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    You haz no gifts, you do now. lolz - rascal Thanks for your help! - Big Mizz 

Small turbo, compact manifold, and good exhaust routing is all that you would need. I'd recommend a turbine housing cover, so you don't melt the radiator fan.
    Found the limits of factory internals. Pictures here.

2000 ZX2 - Built engine (Eagle Rods, JE Pistons, block bored to 85.5mm, 2mm oversize valves, Forged oil pump gears), Garrett GTX2863R turbo, 80 lb/hr injectors, flex fuel, Megasquirt 3 EMS, Celica ST185 radiator, 3" exhaust. Other mods too, check out my build thread for a full listing.

"I usually downshift when I'm near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment"

Have you repped someone helpful today?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I was actually considering relocating the battery to the truck and doing a remote mount in the area of where the battery was. Probably alot of room there to do it and keep the turbo away from the radiator and fan.

I plan to add a pusher fan soon as well.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    You haz no gifts, you do now. lolz - rascal Thanks for your help! - Big Mizz 

You would have to have a flex joint in order to not crack the manifold with all that thermal expansion.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Yep, thats pie. - Meta 

VJ11 + focus mani will clear a/c, p/s, and radiator. You will need to get a slim fan, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by zxtwou2 View Post
    Making bigger pipe as the exhaust flowd and cools makes eddy currents ehich is what mskes rasp.

Helping raise some cash for our long-timer ZX2Fast. Parts here: click me

06/2016-TurdBo Vj11
    04/2011 - present: 1999 black zx2 (mtx)
    05/2009 - 04/2011: 1999 black zx2 (atx)

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Any particular focus mani? If I do a twin set of pushers I can take the fan completely out of the way.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by Mimino View Post
    VJ11 + focus mani will clear a/c, p/s, and radiator. You will need to get a slim fan, unfortunately.
    That's what I used when I first started out. It's close to everything but just clears. I later made an adaptor to drop the turbo down about 4 inches and cant it toward the engine. Said adaptor also allowed me to use a N/A Zetec Focus ram horn manifold and an external wastegate.
    I originally used a slim fan in place of the stock fan. Had cooling issues in the summer in traffic. Switched to the biggest high flow push fan I could fit in front the condenser. No problems since. (Currently deployed so I can't get a measurement for you.)
    T3 turbo, FMIC, 2.5" Piping, 70mm Mustang Maf, 1g DSM BOV, 70mm throttle body, Ford Racing Intake manifold, 42lb Green Top Injectors, SVT Fuel Pump, Focus Shorty header, Turbo Adapter Pipe, 38mm Tial Wastegate, 2.5" Full Exhaust w/ high flow cat, Fidanza Flywheel, Spec 3+ Technically turboless at the moment.

Thread Information