Thread: Ground Control Struts and Shocks

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Default Ground Control Struts and Shocks

So what are the suggested struts/shocks that will accommodate the GC's to slip them over without modification of the strut/shock?

John

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

They should work with any OE equivalent strut. But you can always talk with them. I have been working with GC on our application and between Donovan, Trevor and Jay, they have all been good help. The main interfaces with the GC coilover kit is:
    1) Strut Body Outer Diameter - If it happens to be too big the threaded sleeve may not fit properly, but again I can't see an OE equivalent not closely matching.
    2) Strut Shaft Diameter - This would have to be the same with any EO equivalent, as it has to account for the strut bearing and other hardware. Again I can't see this being any different.
    3) Strut Shaft Thread Length & Size - Similar to Shaft Diameter, this must accommodate the OE hardware, so I can't see this being any different for an OE equivalent.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I spoke to, I think, Trevor over the phone and he said that all I had to do was remove the outer body cap and slide the sleeves over. I have a set of Gabriel Ultras and they don't have the cap that he was talking about. The top is welded on to the outer body so there is no way to remove the welded on cap short of destroying the shock itself. The diameter is fine. I was just asking if someone that has the GC coilovers has a preference in regards to a shock brand that can accomodate the GC's.

As much as I'd love to run a set of Bilsteins or Konis I'm not going to be running the car competitively so those shocks would be a bit of overkill.

John

Thread Information