Thread: Valve Tapping?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Question Valve Tapping?

My car makes a sound between 2k and 3k rpm in any gear that sounds a lot like valve tapping. I'm not sure if that is what the sound is but it seems a lot like it. I f i sit at idle and rev the engine i don't get the sound it is only when the car is in motion or under stress. I've done an oil change I'm running the motor-craft filter with motor-craft syn-blend oil that the car manual says to use. Along with the car also has a P0171 code that comes on almost all the time. I can clear the code and it will come back in a few minutes. I've cleaned the MAF along with changing the PCV valve and hoses and any other vacuum hoses i could find that looked bad or changed the idle when I sprayed them with carb cleaner. i haven't checked the injectors yet but i did run sea foam in the gas tank to see if that would help and it didn't seem to do much. I'm not sure if the code and the tapping go hand in hand or it they are two separate problems. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Mine done that once and I started running 93 grade gas or premium gas in it and it stopped rattling

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

Thread Information