Thread: Official SCPOC Meet: Twist-O-Rama - August 27, 2017

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Cool Official SCPOC Meet: Twist-O-Rama - August 27, 2017

August is here and it's time for the annual SCPOC Twist-O-Rama!

This cruise is our normal end of summer event. It will see us travel through the back country roads near Chula Vista, working our way up to Julian, then up to Palomar Mountain, and finally through Pala on our way to the dinner at either Outback Steakhouse or Dickie's Barbecue Pit in Temecula. We'll decide which place during the cruise, but both have great food.

The drive will start at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista at 10:00am! Please, DO NOT BE LATE, or you will have to play catch up.

If anyone is interested in caravanning to Chula Vista and you're not already in the San Diego area, you can meet us at the designated SCPOC Orange County meeting spot [it's available on the club website @ www.scpoc.com]. We will be at the meeting spot around 7:45am and leave NO LATER than 8:15 am, to give us enough time to get there and gas up.

Itineraries are available via the club website and are in both Microsoft Word format and Adobe Acrobat format.

Please, it is important that you print out this document and have it with you on the day of the cruise. Not only does it have the schedule of events, but I've taken great care to have turn-by-turn directions with map pictures to help everyone out. It has helped people out in the past.

Take the time to read the first page of this document, as it has very useful information regarding conduct and the use of FRS radios. SCPOC strongly encourages the use of FRS radios with privacy sub-channels. We use these radios to coordinate our group during club events like this one. They are relatively inexpensive and most come with the privacy channels. Also please take care to exercise courtesy when using these radios during an event, as they are for communicating important messages, not for idle chatter.

SCPOC also has some "rules of the road" that we follow during our cruise events as well:
    • Limit your FRS radio communications to delivering messages pertinent to the cruise.
    • We will have a maximum speed limit and it will be determined by posted speed limits and/or driving conditions.
    • There will be no passing to move from behind a "slow" vehicle.
    • No tailgating of any kind will be tolerated.
    • This event is NOT A RACE. There are no points awarded, nor are there any trophies.
    • Failure to adhere to the above guidelines will result in your being asked to leave the group.

We hope that you will have fun during this event and at the end-of-cruise dinner.

See you there.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    for the superman of the zx2 savers - daggit2005 Henry Ford < Dareall - SR2000 For the entertaining builds...constantly :-) - CJW For being a great member and friend to many. - CJW you sir are awarded the medal of awsome - daggit2005 
    Scammer Slaughering Medal of Honor - Hardline this is for the candy ive got from you with my purchases the past few years. - blue99fordzx2 For moving/locking my post when asked :) - blue99fordzx2 Thx for helping me get my car put back together. - X-Lr8 It's lunch time here. lolz - rascal 
    For dealing with dumbass n00bs. - RASCAL How much for the trim piece? LOL - RASCAL Absolute hero. I cannot imagine how helpful and kind a person Dareall is.  THANK YOU. - SoCalZx2Rob For doing my part out and finally getting the parts sold.  I owe it all to you.  Thanks Dareall.  I'll never forget it.  Thank god it's finally done.  XD - SoCalZx2Rob 

i'll likely be able to make this. may take the s/r for the ride
    We're gonna ride the race cars
    We're gonna dance on fire

Best sale thread ever !!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by dareall View Post
    i'll likely be able to make this. may take the s/r for the ride
    i may need some assistance dealing with a rather large "chip" on the lip of my hood. looks very unsightly.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

so. who is going?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    for the superman of the zx2 savers - daggit2005 Henry Ford < Dareall - SR2000 For the entertaining builds...constantly :-) - CJW For being a great member and friend to many. - CJW you sir are awarded the medal of awsome - daggit2005 
    Scammer Slaughering Medal of Honor - Hardline this is for the candy ive got from you with my purchases the past few years. - blue99fordzx2 For moving/locking my post when asked :) - blue99fordzx2 Thx for helping me get my car put back together. - X-Lr8 It's lunch time here. lolz - rascal 
    For dealing with dumbass n00bs. - RASCAL How much for the trim piece? LOL - RASCAL Absolute hero. I cannot imagine how helpful and kind a person Dareall is.  THANK YOU. - SoCalZx2Rob For doing my part out and finally getting the parts sold.  I owe it all to you.  Thanks Dareall.  I'll never forget it.  Thank god it's finally done.  XD - SoCalZx2Rob 

i am going because socalgirl is supposed to bring her 2003 and meet me there to see what her problem is

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Most likely, depending on work load

1 running Ford out of 5 isn't bad, right?

Thread Information