Thread: 2003 ZX2 Stalling again!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Default 2003 ZX2 Stalling again!

Hello,
    I posted about one year ago and I thought that I had solved my 2003 ZX2 stalling problem. It had some wires in a harness behind the fuel rail that had chaffed. A mechanic repaired that for me and it has been driving with no problems for almost a year. But then it happened again recently, sometimes stalling as I am just driving along and other times just missing when accelerating! So I don't know if it is a new problem or the old one again in a different spot. It will stall or miss only occasionally and it does not seem to have any pattern. When it stalls, it starts right back up like nothing is wrong. And drives great until it happens again. Dareall, if you are out there, I am in Southern California and I would love to have you look at this car! I am at my wits end and it may have to go to the junkyard because my nerves can't take driving a car, never knowing if it is going to stall on me!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    for the superman of the zx2 savers - daggit2005 Henry Ford < Dareall - SR2000 For the entertaining builds...constantly :-) - CJW For being a great member and friend to many. - CJW you sir are awarded the medal of awsome - daggit2005 
    Scammer Slaughering Medal of Honor - Hardline this is for the candy ive got from you with my purchases the past few years. - blue99fordzx2 For moving/locking my post when asked :) - blue99fordzx2 Thx for helping me get my car put back together. - X-Lr8 It's lunch time here. lolz - rascal 
    For dealing with dumbass n00bs. - RASCAL How much for the trim piece? LOL - RASCAL Absolute hero. I cannot imagine how helpful and kind a person Dareall is.  THANK YOU. - SoCalZx2Rob For doing my part out and finally getting the parts sold.  I owe it all to you.  Thanks Dareall.  I'll never forget it.  Thank god it's finally done.  XD - SoCalZx2Rob 

well, dareall is on the lookout for a 2003 right now

your problem is likely something simple like pcv hose ends or even timing belt. both of these would take about an hour to fix if taking your time

the pcv hose ends to look for are found here:

http://teamzx2.com/threads/33711-smo...lver-car/page4

is the check engine light on right now?
    We're gonna ride the race cars
    We're gonna dance on fire

Best sale thread ever !!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

No, the check engine light has never come on when stalling. When I get home from work, I will check out those PCV hose ends. Thank you.

Thread Information