Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just bought this...

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

https://www.mcmaster.com/#5448T5 not bronzoil but works good. i have had mine installed for 8 years of daily driving with just a little grease and have held up.
    00' Black S/R - s252 bullseye, spa manifold, turbosmart wastegate, turboXs bov, ms3x, mtx-75 transmission, bilstein coilovers
    ---------------------
    AntMachining.com

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by AntMachining View Post
    https://www.mcmaster.com/#5448T5 not bronzoil but works good. i have had mine installed for 8 years of daily driving with just a little grease and have held up.
    Perfect! Sounds like they have proven to last.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Did you have to ream them or just use as is?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

That 660 bronze is way tougher than the oilite could ever dream of. They'll definetly last a LONG time if they're teased with a little grease every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkComer View Post
    Did you have to ream them or just use as is?
    Should be able to use as is, since the bolt that goes through them is slightly undersized.

1 running Ford out of 5 isn't bad, right?

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price" -Ben Franklin

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Zomg you haz treasure for Christmas - 2000zx2chik 

KirkComer - Thats a damn clean zx2 you found there....pretty sure ive seen it listed on the DC craigslist page. definitely a good buy.

AntMachining - thanks for that link, ive got bronzoil shifter bushings for the turbo car....but im going to get a few of those and test em out on my beater!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    for the give aways. thanks bro - daggit2005 from the Easter bunny for being so cool :) - dareall For shifter boots and S/R knob recovering. Win! - RASCAL 

Great score!

Synthetic oil, syncromesh in the trans, a K&N reusable air filter, flushing the coolant and brake fluid are always a good idea when you get a new Z.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Thanks for the feedback. I have some ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX2.0 View Post
    That 660 bronze is way tougher than the oilite could ever dream of. They'll definetly last a LONG time if they're teased with a little grease every now and then.

Should be able to use as is, since the bolt that goes through them is slightly undersized.

1 running Ford out of 5 isn't bad, right?

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price" -Ben Franklin

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Thanks. Was just looking to find something to drive back and forth to work and saw it for sale. I really like the car so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilZX2 View Post
    KirkComer - Thats a damn clean zx2 you found there....pretty sure ive seen it listed on the DC craigslist page. definitely a good buy.

AntMachining - thanks for that link, ive got bronzoil shifter bushings for the turbo car....but im going to get a few of those and test em out on my beater!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I know its low miles but I'm still going to put a new timing belt, water pump, thermostat, coolant hoses and belt in it. Synthetic oil and Iceman+ K&N already in the car. I used RP syncromesh in my Mustang so I'm definitely familiar with the product and will do this when I get the TWM shifter. I'll add coolant and brake line flushes to the list... thanks for the tips! Are you still selling those cool shift/brake boots, t-shirts, stickers, etc. I'm interested if you are.

Quote Originally Posted by recessbilly View Post
    Great score!

Synthetic oil, syncromesh in the trans, a K&N reusable air filter, flushing the coolant and brake fluid are always a good idea when you get a new Z.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

You don't sound like a top end power kind of guy, so you should stick to a 2.25" exhaust system.
    Quote Originally Posted by david gettle View Post
    I had a claim last year because I hit a frozen pile of manure
    2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Mazda Millenia KL V6 swap, '00 Mazda Miata rear brakes, MegaSquirtPNP (with VAF delete/IAT mod, and AEM Wideband w/ Bosch 4.9 sensor) '00 626 MTX w/ platemod and Mfactory diff, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, trans brace delete mod (for turbo kit provision) , KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, ebay headers, ebay CAI system, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around, custom made traction bars mounted to frame rails, body kit, 2 tone paint, etc...

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

With this car I need it to get the best fuel mileage it can... Im hoping to add some hp and also increase mpg if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinZX View Post
    You don't sound like a top end power kind of guy, so you should stick to a 2.25" exhaust system.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Yep, thats pie. - Meta 

Quote Originally Posted by KirkComer View Post
    I know its low miles but I'm still going to put a new timing belt, water pump, thermostat, coolant hoses and belt in it. Synthetic oil and Iceman+ K&N already in the car. I used RP syncromesh in my Mustang so I'm definitely familiar with the product and will do this when I get the TWM shifter. I'll add coolant and brake line flushes to the list... thanks for the tips! Are you still selling those cool shift/brake boots, t-shirts, stickers, etc. I'm interested if you are.
    Honestly, if your belt rides and looks good, I wouldn't change it. Water pump is independent from the t-belt, so no need to touch it either, unless it's showing signs of leakage. I'd get some Redline MTL instead of Synchromesh. Either 75W80 or 70W80, can't remember off the top of my head, but the shifts had gotten a lot better after I changed it out. I also vote for 2.25" exhaust, unless you're going to be doing head work and/or boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by zxtwou2 View Post
    Making bigger pipe as the exhaust flowd and cools makes eddy currents ehich is what mskes rasp.

Helping raise some cash for our long-timer ZX2Fast. Parts here: click me

06/2016-TurdBo Vj11
    04/2011 - present: 1999 black zx2 (mtx)
    05/2009 - 04/2011: 1999 black zx2 (atx)

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by Mimino View Post
    Honestly, if your belt rides and looks good, I wouldn't change it. Water pump is independent from the t-belt, so no need to touch it either, unless it's showing signs of leakage. I'd get some Redline MTL instead of Synchromesh. Either 75W80 or 70W80, can't remember off the top of my head, but the shifts had gotten a lot better after I changed it out. I also vote for 2.25" exhaust, unless you're going to be doing head work and/or boost.
    Gotcha. I'll do a visual inspection on the belt and water pump. Thanks for the tip on the Redline MTL... I do some research on that product as I've never used it. I know the Synchromesh works great in the T5's but every transmission is different. Yeah... I'm definitely leaning towards the 2.25" exhaust... I'll not be doing any head work or boosting on this car just bolt ons. I've got enough V8's setting around my house that like to drink gas... I want to enjoy the 4 cylinder mpg. lol Got the little gal in the shop right now getting tires balanced and alignment. Its such a cool little car. I hope it lasts me a long time.

Thread Information