Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought this...

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Default Just bought this...

2002 ZX2 with 35,000 miles. Its in great shape. Already has a cold air kit, some suspension and a really cool navigation radio installed. I read the article on rear disc brakes... its already on my to do list. Any other mods or maintenance tips that you guys suggest please pass them along to me. The miles are gonna go up quick as it will be my daily driver. I'm sure I will be searching through this forum quite a bit. zx2.jpg
    Last edited by KirkComer; 10-10-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Nice find!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by YellowRocketship View Post
    Nice find!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Look forward to putting some miles on this girl!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    for the superman of the zx2 savers - daggit2005 Henry Ford < Dareall - SR2000 For the entertaining builds...constantly :-) - CJW For being a great member and friend to many. - CJW you sir are awarded the medal of awsome - daggit2005 
    Scammer Slaughering Medal of Honor - Hardline this is for the candy ive got from you with my purchases the past few years. - blue99fordzx2 For moving/locking my post when asked :) - blue99fordzx2 Thx for helping me get my car put back together. - X-Lr8 It's lunch time here. lolz - rascal 
    For dealing with dumbass n00bs. - RASCAL How much for the trim piece? LOL - RASCAL Absolute hero. I cannot imagine how helpful and kind a person Dareall is.  THANK YOU. - SoCalZx2Rob For doing my part out and finally getting the parts sold.  I owe it all to you.  Thanks Dareall.  I'll never forget it.  Thank god it's finally done.  XD - SoCalZx2Rob 

based on the pics, this is a nice car. It already has one thing which a lot of people want for their cars. looking forward to some more pics
    We're gonna ride the race cars
    We're gonna dance on fire

Best sale thread ever !!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

sweet great find

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

automatic or 5-speed

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Its a 5 speed. Speaking of which... it had some kind of carbon fiber shift knob on it I didn't like. I went to the junkyard and got a shift knob but i think it was made for zx2 with a rubber boot and not a leather boot. I like the shift knob in your profile picture... where did you get it? Also thinking about getting the tmw shifter... maybe that little rascal is expensive! lol

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon Me wubbz joo too!! - zx2loon Congrats bro!! - rascal get 'em done - GoT MiLF? Unicorn hood ornament! lol - rascal 
    Thanks for the rubber superman! wait... - Gitt24_84 For those rare times when you don't have sand in the vag... - Big Mizz 

19mm RSB is mandatory. Good score tho. Welcome.
    2000 Black S/R (RIP), Iceman/CF hood/PnP ATX TB/K&N/MSD/PowderUDP-ODP/Esslinger cam gears/PS STS/SPI MTX/Fidanza/Stage2/Kamikaze/2.25"cat-less/Magnaflow/SCT(Pwned by Vit)/STB/21mmRSB/KYB/GC/Drag DR23
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowness65 View Post
    EXACTLY At night we could chant and sing in a circle around Doug's S/R and any others that may be there and burn a Cavalier as an offering to them
    Quote Originally Posted by Gitt24_84 View Post
    Nevermind, I'm fucking retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillinZX View Post
    If you're talking about the slave cylinder "cock", you can play with that thing all day long and it will not get stiff.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by DOUGIESTYLE View Post
    19mm RSB is mandatory.
    ^^This.
    Congrats on the nice find and welcome to the forum!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I would possible be interested in your carbon fiber knob. The knob in his profile pic is the s/r knob which is near identical to certain focus knobs. As far as the twm goes they are hard to find used but you can find the b&m pretty easy.
    00' Black S/R - s252 bullseye, spa manifold, turbosmart wastegate, turboXs bov, ms3x, mtx-75 transmission, bilstein coilovers
    ---------------------
    AntMachining.com

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by AntMachining View Post
    I would possible be interested in your carbon fiber knob. The knob in his profile pic is the s/r knob which is near identical to certain focus knobs. As far as the twm goes they are hard to find used but you can find the b&m pretty easy.
    The carbon fiber knob is cracked up. I'm sure you don't want it but I can send you a picture of it you want. I'm pretty picky about shifters so that's where I'm starting. I don't like the slop in the linkage. I see where the twm shifter has a bearing instead of the bushing so that will help. I'm going to check out the linkage bushings... depending on the clearances I find I'll either buy a set of bushings or custom makes some bushings from oilite. This forum is very interesting... you guys know your stuff! I'm a old man (47 years young) and I like all kinds of cars. These cars seem neat. Makes the ride back and forth to work more interesting. lol

Just looked at the bushings online. Doesn't really look like something I could make. I'll just have to check them for slop and go from there. It's probably just normal slop in the shifter. It's really not bad but if I can find ways to tighten it up a little more I will.
    https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/ATM0771303
    Last edited by KirkComer; 10-11-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Go with the TWM, it is worthwhile. Very precise feel and kit includes spacers for the heat shields (if your car still has them)

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

My 19mm wrench would not fit over the rear sway bar. I'm guessing its a 21mm. Definitely not a 13mm. I'll probably get the TWM shifter and looking at the TruBendz exhaust. Debating on 2.25" or 2.5". The car has a iceman CAI with K&N filter. The only other options I would consider adding in the future is a header and tune so I'm leaning towards the 2.25" to retain some of the low end torque. If I ever sell the car the 2.5" might help sell it if the new owner wants to modify the engine. If anyone has any thoughts on the exhaust I appreciate your thoughts. You guys definitely know what works best on these cars.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon Me wubbz joo too!! - zx2loon Congrats bro!! - rascal get 'em done - GoT MiLF? Unicorn hood ornament! lol - rascal 
    Thanks for the rubber superman! wait... - Gitt24_84 For those rare times when you don't have sand in the vag... - Big Mizz 

May be worth it to swap the 21mm out for 19mm. Oversteer is very possible with 21mm.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by DOUGIESTYLE View Post
    May be worth it to swap the 21mm out for 19mm. Oversteer is very possible with 21mm.
    Gotcha. It looks like a simple swap. I'll hit the junkyard this weekend.

Thread Information