Thread: Cracked bracket

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Default Cracked bracket

IMG_7571.JPGIMG_7572.JPG

Sooo I had an incredibly lucky find, I now have an 03 bumper in my possession! Picked it ip for $35 at the local junkyard. I finished touching it up. Have the primer on and ready to paint. But I have this issue. The bracket area that holds the upper bolts in is broken on the left side. (i uploaded pics of good and bad side). Would anyone happen to have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    for the give aways. thanks bro - daggit2005 from the Easter bunny for being so cool :) - dareall For shifter boots and S/R knob recovering. Win! - RASCAL 

I have the piece you need with the 2 threaded holes, but as far as getting it to stay.... Maybe a ton of JB weld would hold it. Worth a shot. Pm your address.and I'll send that.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Subbed for solution. I have the same issue with my '03 front end. I think I've seen someone mention a flexible product by 3M or SEM, but I haven't looked into it yet

1 running Ford out of 5 isn't bad, right?

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price" -Ben Franklin

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Alright cool, I'll definitely look in to the 3M thing!

And thanks Recessbilly! Just pmd

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I would cut out an aluminum plate and drill matching holes. Then use the ends of the aluminum plate and drill supporting holes to the outer areas you still have to support it.
    Quote Originally Posted by david gettle View Post
    I had a claim last year because I hit a frozen pile of manure
    2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Mazda Millenia KL V6 swap, '00 Mazda Miata rear brakes, MegaSquirtPNP (with VAF delete/IAT mod, and AEM Wideband w/ Bosch 4.9 sensor) '00 626 MTX w/ platemod and Mfactory diff, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, trans brace delete mod (for turbo kit provision) , KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, ebay headers, ebay CAI system, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around, custom made traction bars mounted to frame rails, body kit, 2 tone paint, etc...

Thread Information