Thread: Peoria, IL new ZX2 owner

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Default Peoria, IL new ZX2 owner

Hello teamzx2 members! I'm Zano from Peoria, IL and I recently bought a 2001 ZX2 with 93000 miles in it. All I've done so far were Kemanized my intake and repaired some minor issues.
    So far I've been loving this little car and enjoyed driving it.

I've been following this forum reading through the vast amount of knowledge just about everywhere and finally decided to interact with fellow owners.

I'm wondering if there's ZX2 enthusiast in my area?
    Would love to meet new people and see what they've done to their zx2 and what more I can learn about this car. Second car I've own in my lifetime.

I guess you could say this is my introduction as well to the community and thank you for people that contributed to this forum.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon Me wubbz joo too!! - zx2loon Congrats bro!! - rascal get 'em done - GoT MiLF? Unicorn hood ornament! lol - rascal 
    Thanks for the rubber superman! wait... - Gitt24_84 For those rare times when you don't have sand in the vag... - Big Mizz 

There are a couple people in IL. Team members are stretched all across the US lol.
    2000 Black S/R (RIP), Iceman/CF hood/PnP ATX TB/K&N/MSD/PowderUDP-ODP/Esslinger cam gears/50shot/PS STS/SPI MTX/Fidanza/Stage2/Kamikaze/2.25"cat-less/Magnaflow/SCT(Pwned by Vit)/STB/21mmRSB/KYB/GC/Drag DR23
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowness65 View Post
    EXACTLY At night we could chant and sing in a circle around Doug's S/R and any others that may be there and burn a Cavalier as an offering to them

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by DOUGIESTYLE View Post
    There are a couple people in IL. Team members are stretched all across the US lol.
    I'm glad to hear that haha I've seen post by people from Peoria. But years old thread. Necromancy never been my talent.

Being able to see what they've done and just hang out would be cool.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Gald to see you at Cyb's again. - zx2loon You've earned this one! - Big Mizz 

There is a large east coast Ford only car show in June, some of us will be there it's a Thursday-Sunday event with camping available. to find it google search: all-ford-nationals Carlisle Pa.

There will be a post about it shortly. in the regional meets and clubs section.
    My car is a collectable according to PennDOT

My car has had two owners: Ford Motor Company and Me.

http://www.degettlehobbyllc.com

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by david gettle View Post
    There is a large east coast Ford only car show in June, some of us will be there it's a Thursday-Sunday event with camping available. to find it google search: all-ford-nationals Carlisle Pa.

There will be a post about it shortly. in the regional meets and clubs section.
    Maybe I could fly there or drive there. It's about 12 hours away and I'm actually pretty curious about that event.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I'm 3 hours away. Your best bet is to check out FocusFest which is held annually at Cordova, IL. Focus's, Fiesta's, past and present, about 115 people showed up last year. Last year they rented out the drag strip for racing which was ok, was fun to see the teenagers show they can't drive stick, my ZX2 would slaughter them as 80% of them were running high 14's and slower, including the ST's.
    Quote Originally Posted by david gettle View Post
    I had a claim last year because I hit a frozen pile of manure
    2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Mazda Millenia KL V6 swap, '00 Mazda Miata rear brakes, MegaSquirtPNP (with VAF delete/IAT mod, and AEM Wideband w/ Bosch 4.9 sensor) '00 626 MTX w/ platemod and Mfactory diff, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, trans brace delete mod (for turbo kit provision) , KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, ebay headers, ebay CAI system, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around, custom made traction bars mounted to frame rails, body kit, 2 tone paint, etc...

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinZX View Post
    I'm 3 hours away. Your best bet is to check out FocusFest which is held annually at Cordova, IL. Focus's, Fiesta's, past and present, about 115 people showed up last year. Last year they rented out the drag strip for racing which was ok, was fun to see the teenagers show they can't drive stick, my ZX2 would slaughter them as 80% of them were running high 14's and slower, including the ST's.
    I really regretted buying the ATX rather than the MTX. I found out how junky the ATX is. I'm at 94k miles and already noticing transmission issues and solenoid C issue.

Thread Information