Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 03 Clutch Problem

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Ok. When you have someone helping you on the pedal side. Make sure the clutch is to the floor and stays at the floor until the bleeder is closer. Once the bleeder is closed. YOU HAVE TO PUMP THE PEDAL A FEW TIMES TO BUILD PRESSURE! Pull the pedal back up by hand and work by hand a few times. Repeat the process until no air comes out. You can confirm this done by visually looking at the slave cylinder to make sure it's pushed out. First confirm that the rod on the pedal is seated properly and adjusted to have minimal play that goes in the clutch master cylinder itself.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I lost my clutch pedal when I tried to bleed the slave. I had the radiator out and found the wrench in the shroud that I lost last time I bled the clutch. Figured it would be good maintenance and just take a few minutes. No matter what, I could just barely get a tiny sputter of brake fluid to come through. I bought a crappy vacuum pump and pumped thousands of times. Took out the master and there was some blockage even though it was fine until I messed with it. I put in a new master and slave and the system easily bled by gravity and worked perfectly. Even though the parts had been replaced a few years ago and the fluid in the reservoir looked clear, the fluid that came out of the clutch parts was very nasty.

Thread Information