Thread: Serpentine belt install

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Red face Serpentine belt install

What goes on last after i get tensioner loose.
    Is this a two person job? Its late and im in need of help.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

It helps to have sepentine belt tool. Check your local autozone to see if they have a loaner. I am able to install the belt from underneath the car withjust a normal 13mm combination wrench. You want to pull the wrench clockwise(tighten) the tensioner bolt to engage spring and create slack on the belt. It is helpful to have a belt routing diagram for the job if you don't have the routing memorized. Many people accomplish this job from above the engine, but it is a one person job.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Hopefully the OP has this done, but my .02 as i just did this.

- I routed the belt around the 3 million pulleys, etc. ( I tend to exaggerate) and put it on the INSIDE of the tensioner pulley's bracket before putting the belt on the AC pulley as the next to last step. In other words, I slipped the belt over and past the tensioner pulley temporarily. I put it on the inside so when I put the 13mm wrench on it the belt wasn't in the way.
    - With the wrench on the pulley's nut and aimed toward the ground, I pushed it towards the back of the car w/one hand as far as it would go. This created room to move the belt back onto the pulley w/my other hand.
    - I'm not strong but was able to use a standard box-end wrench w/out a cheater, etc. to move the pulley. There is a LOT of torque/spring in that tensioner so be careful that the wrench is on square, snug, etc. and won't slip off.

Routing diagram

after i get tensioner loose.
    What does it mean exactly as the tensioner pulley pivots on its mount? Nothing is removed or loosened.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    for the superman of the zx2 savers - daggit2005 Henry Ford < Dareall - SR2000 For the entertaining builds...constantly :-) - CJW For being a great member and friend to many. - CJW you sir are awarded the medal of awsome - daggit2005 
    Scammer Slaughering Medal of Honor - Hardline this is for the candy ive got from you with my purchases the past few years. - blue99fordzx2 For moving/locking my post when asked :) - blue99fordzx2 Thx for helping me get my car put back together. - X-Lr8 It's lunch time here. lolz - rascal 
    For dealing with dumbass n00bs. - RASCAL How much for the trim piece? LOL - RASCAL Absolute hero. I cannot imagine how helpful and kind a person Dareall is.  THANK YOU. - SoCalZx2Rob For doing my part out and finally getting the parts sold.  I owe it all to you.  Thanks Dareall.  I'll never forget it.  Thank god it's finally done.  XD - SoCalZx2Rob 

use the routing diagram posted above and put #7 on last while moving the tensioner in the clockwise direction
    We're gonna ride the race cars
    We're gonna dance on fire

Best sale thread ever !!

Thread Information