Thread: Where to buy chips.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Default Where to buy chips.

Where is a good place to buy the Chips for our cars. I have a 98 and have trouble finding anything electronic performance wise but assume it is probably the best bet. I am almost stock as it says in my sig, so which chip would be best and where could I find it? I'm not buying an SCT or any programmable setup I have no dyno access.
    1998 ZX2 Manual- ZXTuner 3" intake with CTA Extension, Front Upper Strut bar, 21MM RSB, B&M Shifter,Tokicos, Sprint Springs, KYB Mounts

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

SCT or sniper are the only choices and you need to program them.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    just cause your sooooo cool - Gunslinger Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon enjoy the sandwich! - carbonzx2 

not true
    superchips makes them, i know as i have one.
    i think diablo may make them as well

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Enjoy - 1981gMachine Cheers! - recessbilly this is for selling sr - dareall 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - pissdrunx16 

Posted via Mobile Deviceyou wouldn't need a dyno for sct since you are mainly stock (I can't see ur sig on the mobile edition though) but you could get a xcal or chip with a mail order tune.
    Last edited by pissdrunx16; 08-15-2008 at 10:10 AM.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Goes with your desk. - capitalcrew From me to you buddy - Gunslinger I figured youd like this. A dil. - rusty what what.  In the butt - CJW Congrats on the car!!!!! - random_hero 
    just keeping the trend going - Alwayssideways Because I'm original... - Gitt24_84 You got so many I thought you would like another - SR2000 another to add to your collection - blue99fordzx2 limp - GoT MiLF? 
    In memory of zx2 - Ant98mtx 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - SeRiousZX2 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MrWeeyums 

98's have a problem with chips and randomly resetting the pcm and turning the car off. You may want to look into a 6-wire conversion before you begin to chip.
    Je Pistons, Crower Rods, FC Mains, Clevite Bearings, ARP hardware, JohnP head, SVT HG, 71 lb injectors, Crower titanium springs and retainers, OBX fuel rail, Aeromotive FPR, FRIM, Crown Vic TB, Wings West, Ground Controls, S/r Tokico, Tial 38mm wastegate, Precision Turbo, 3" DP, P/S/ A/C delete, Tial Q BOV, XCal3, 80mm MAF, Spec Stage 5, MFactory LSD, Motegi Tracklites, 3" Trubendz

Parts: 22,000+
    Labor: 3+ years
    326whp/296wtq

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - pissdrunx16 

Posted via Mobile Device good point I have heard of this ^^^^

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    For hookin' me up - Beodude123 Christmas Donut.. om nom nom - 2000zx2chik 

I generally buy chips at the grocery store. Dorito's mostly, but someones I mix it up and grab some BBQ or honey BBQ Lays. Either way, I'm generally happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beodude123 View Post
    that was the second kitty video ive watched that you posted
    Quote Originally Posted by zxtwou2 View Post
    my mom's big enough to hold an autoX on

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Posted via Mobile Device spicy nacho Is the best mmmmmmmmmm...
    Last edited by pissdrunx16; 08-15-2008 at 11:18 AM.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon Me wubbz joo too!! - zx2loon Congrats bro!! - rascal get 'em done - GoT MiLF? Unicorn hood ornament! lol - rascal 
    Thanks for the rubber superman! wait... - Gitt24_84 For those rare times when you don't have sand in the vag... - Big Mizz 

I may be selling my 98 PCM MTA7 w/ SCT Eliminator chip. It's from the 98 in my sig. It has a 93 tune for the mods in my sig. All you would hafta change on your Z is the injectors and do a VCT delete. It would benefit you without the other mods (int./exh.). It was dyno-tuned, and programmed to prevent the "re-setting PCM" problem, too. PM me if you're interested.
    Last edited by DOUGIESTYLE; 08-15-2008 at 11:32 AM.
    2000 Black S/R, Iceman/CF hood/PnP ATX TB/K&N/MSD/FRwires/PowderUDP-ODP/Esslinger cam gears/PS STS/SPI MTX/Fidanza/Stage2/Kamikaze/2.25"cat-less/Magnaflow/SCT(Pwned by Vit)/STB/21mmRSB/KYB/GC(front)/Drag DR23
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowness65 View Post
    EXACTLY At night we could chant and sing in a circle around Doug's S/R and any others that may be there and burn a Cavalier as an offering to them

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by ZX2guy19 View Post
    98's have a problem with chips and randomly resetting the pcm and turning the car off. You may want to look into a 6-wire conversion before you begin to chip.

WTF
    That could be bad, I didn't read about this when researching so I bought and installed a superchip in my '98 MTA5!
    Fuck.

More info would be appreciated if you have it.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Hope you're old enough to drink...if not, then it's ROOT beer...right? - Hawkeye your gonna need this for that comp build - sinzx2 

Ive never had this problem that they have been talking about with the 98's.
    2006 PT Cruiser Turbo-Stage 1
    2005 Jeep KJ
    1998 ZX2 (Dead and Sold)
    1931 Model A Sedan
    1970 Honda CT70, 1969 Honda Z50, 1988 Honda ZB50

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Hope you enjoyed the "dragon" - zx2loon Me wubbz joo too!! - zx2loon Congrats bro!! - rascal get 'em done - GoT MiLF? Unicorn hood ornament! lol - rascal 
    Thanks for the rubber superman! wait... - Gitt24_84 For those rare times when you don't have sand in the vag... - Big Mizz 

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    WTF
    That could be bad, I didn't read about this when researching so I bought and installed a superchip in my '98 MTA5!
    Fuck.

More info would be appreciated if you have it.
    I had the problem, originally, but a coupla dyno runs, and they figured that they needed to copy/ paste the dyno-ed values onto a stock tune, rather than tweaking the SCT base-tune. If you have a problem, conact your dealer.
    I've only heard of the problem on SCT, not the blue superchips. If you haven't noticed the car trying to and sometimes dying for no apparent reason, you may not hafta worry. I will sell the MTA7 w/ the chip I have. 131.1whp/ 132wtq. FTW

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by mellowness65 View Post
    not true
    superchips makes them, i know as i have one.
    i think diablo may make them as well
    SCT stands for Superchips Custom Tuning, so they go hand in hand. And if I recall correctly not many people had a lot of luck with the Diablo tunes.

And no, with the mods you have there is no reason you would have to get it dyno-tuned, although it would be beneficial. That really is up to what you are willing to spend for the few extra hp you could gain at the moment on the dyno.
    '02 Oxford White ZX2: Iceman intake, Kami header, FR wires, SCT, TWM SS, Otto-R strut brace, 21 mm RSB, ES front motor mount, Powder's UDP

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  
    Glad to meet you at Cyb's - zx2loon IM SORRY FOR BEING MEAN IN CHAT a rose from rosie (no homo) - rosieposie 

everybody that runs sniper ends up blowin their engine
    2001 mtx: sold to dexterzx2 11/19/11
    1998 csvt: sold 2/25/12
    1998 csvt #0129 port matched 3l swap, obx headers,ss obx ss y-pipe, hi-flow cat, trubendz catback w/ borla muffler,short shifter, 35w 5000k hids, optimized tb,BAt euro handling kit, hightowered headlights,short ram intake, tuned by nautilus performance

Thread Information