Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: how to remove/install tranny

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I found a good way to mount the trans. Loosen engine mount, angle engine down so that the trans can clear the sheet metal of the side engine bay. Use a big block of wood like a 4x4 from the driver strut tower across the radiator as a support beam, wrap a jack strap around the trans and the beam once you've jacked the trans most of the way into position. You can then remove the jack and the trans will swing a bit so you can wiggle/rotate/swing it into place. It popped right in, took about 30 min from getting it on the floor jack to bolting it up.

I used a scissor jack(spare jack)+wood block on the engine to make small height adjustments to match the position of the trans suspended from the beam.

I tried first with me holding the trans from below, and someone above, and we couldnt get the trans to slide into the pilot. The angle was just too hard to get with the trans pivoting on the single point of the floor jack.
    Last edited by economichitman; 10-24-2015 at 02:08 PM.
    2000 ZX2 MTX. Kemanized intake. Ebay strut tower brace. CWQ3 S/R ECU. 19mm rear sway bar. Meh.

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I am in the middle of transmission removal and could use the pictures that use to be in this thread. I had printed it out in black and white but lost some detail by doing so. Any one have the pictures?

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

I bought two 13mm x 6" long bolts that I install on the top two holes so I can slide the tranny more squarely to the engine...just installed mine last week.
    This is the only view you should see when on the road with my S/R!

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by Defunct S/R owner View Post
    I bought two 13mm x 6" long bolts that I install on the top two holes so I can slide the tranny more squarely to the engine...just installed mine last week.
    nice
    that what was thinking on mytranny

Bank
    Total Points
    Donate  

Quote Originally Posted by roundhouse View Post
    nice
    that what was thinking on mytranny
    I'm in the middle of mine as well, just got too cold and lost motivation. Started it in November I think. Hopefully I remember where everything goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by david gettle View Post
    I had a claim last year because I hit a frozen pile of manure
    2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Mazda Millenia KL V6 swap, '00 Mazda Miata rear brakes, MegaSquirtPNP (with VAF delete/IAT mod, and AEM Wideband w/ Bosch 4.9 sensor) '00 626 MTX w/ platemod and Mfactory diff w/ 3-4-5 gears, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, GT35 turbo w/ custom 3" downpipe, KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around w/ Cusco strut tower bar, custom made traction bars to frame rails, body kit, 2 tone paint, and much more.

Thread Information